Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurt Coleman on Bengals radar
If they offered Coleman a three year deal, it would have been to start, so they apparently aren't happy with the S position, which is a good thing. Will they continue to try to find someone?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
All this could have been avoided. They had the next Ed Reed right there for the taking last year and passed him up. Now the organization already crying broke needing to extend Dunlap and Geno was wiling to offer a 3 year deal to a 30 year old safety when we desperately need OT's and a OC.

Mistakes were clearly made with the extension of Williams/Iloka. More likely Williams who was an unknown and hadn't shown anything at the time he was handed the extension. Iloka at least looked promising at one point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Typical Bungle dumpster diving. Ignore positions of desperate need (Offensive Line) to go after a scrub safety...
Reply/Quote
The more i think about it i am kind of happy Coleman went to the Saints. His play dipped last year and he is not the best
tackling Safety even if he can get the ints. Hope we get a top tier FA O-lineman and then Derwin James can be in the cards
at 12.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 01:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Really thought Derron Smith was going to pay dividends for Bengals. 

He was the exact type of Safety we needed since Reggie left and we put him on the PS.

Another screw up by this team. Shouldn't of paid Shawn like he was a starter if he was still a question mark in coverage.

Just let the players fight for starting positions regardless of where they are drafted is all i ask.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just let the players fight for starting positions regardless of where they are drafted is all i ask.

And yet another good reason we are no longer a good team. Good Lord, someone please lock MB up! Competition in the ranks is perfect for bringing out the best of your people.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well man, don't forget that better costs more.  Just who, that is a better cover Safety than Coleman, do you envision the Bengals paying to come here?

Don't know I guess hoping on a miracle of luck,maybe even a old Nelson would be back lol
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 10:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Don't know I guess hoping on a miracle of luck,maybe even a old Nelson would be back lol

Well, his rating has slipped to average this year.  But, he can still pull a monster game out, like he did versus the Eagles.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not upset that they didn't get him.

If anything, I'm encouraged that they seemed intent on obtaining outside talent. Also, I'm fairly pleased that they acknowledge safety as a position that may need upgrading. There was talk of this somewhere after the season ended as well. I guess we'll see soon enough if they really want a change back there. I feel like communication has sucked in the secondary since Nelson was let go and Williams took over. The group as a whole looks totally lost at times.

My expectations for FA are very low, but perhaps things will be something other than what we expect in terms of signing cut veterans.

I also interpret this to mean that Derwin James is in play, and that if he's drafted, he's probably going to be the starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes 35ish I think and they had Williams and iloka on big contracts... which is why he was let go

They let him go and re-signed Williams in the same off season. The team paid Williams more than Nelson got in Oakland.

I'm just saying they signed the wrong guy. Now we are looking for a safety.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 08:17 AM)BengalChris Wrote: They let him go and re-signed Williams in the same off season. The team paid Williams more than Nelson got in Oakland.

I'm just saying they signed the wrong guy. Now we are looking for a safety.

I miss Reggie.  Sad

Reply/Quote