Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals?
(12-05-2021, 07:10 AM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not disagreeing as a whole, but I have an issue with this particular take. Imho, what kind of reprehensible people those that got shot (or the one who shot them) were should play no part in evaluating this situation.

Btw. I suppose Mr. Rittenhouse did not know about any of that. And even if he did, self justice is not encouraged.

Mi Amigo, 

The issue is not Self Justice, but Self Defense. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 04:08 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The police were not there, that was the problem. Here you need to blame the Governor[for not having the National Guard there] and the Mayor[for not having the police there] of the town.

Are you going to tell me if a store owner asks a person to protect his store from a "Smash and Grab" mob of thugs the person there with a weapon to deter the mob of thugs is the criminal??? How about the Major of the town or the DA???  You give a pass for the "Smash and Grab" thugs?? No different from the rioters destroying stores and car dealer lots. 

How do you know the 5 parent couples of the male boys aged 9-11 that Rosenbaum raped were not content with the killing of that bastard? 

If I was the parent of a girl/boy aged 9-11 and a bastard raped them and he was freed after only 10 years then Kyle would be a hero to me. 
My son/daughter, myself, my wife, and the whole family have to live through that tragedy for the rest of our lives. 

You barking up the wrong tree with me. I was a Military Police Officer in the Army and now in my civilian life I am a lawyer[not criminal] but I know and remember enough law school to know that what is going in the country is legally, morally, and society wrong.  

As to the police...they we were there.  And they were "happy" to have armed, non-police wondering the streets.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/29/fact-check-video-police-thanked-kyle-rittenhouse-gave-him-water/5661804002/

And I'm not saying untrained people, like a store owner and his friends, aren't right to defend their property.  I'm saying that they don't add to the safety of the situation any more than someone trying to burn down the building does and *I* would think the police would want NEITHER of them there.

Point two about the parents is moot.  The parents didn't know he was there and Rittenhouse didn't kill him because of a past crime.  

In any case there should be no joy in killing someone just because they did something horrible in their past.  Lack of remorse?  Certainly.  Happiness, feeling "content"?  No.  If we are going to praise the legal system for correctly finding KR not guilty then we have to support the same for anyone who served their time, paid their fines and are on the street.

And I say all this purely from a POV for this discussion.  Obviously individuals in different circumstances have different feelings/emotions about it.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote