Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just football news, not pandemic related
this is not a great CB class. I can't see them drafting many, but there are a lot of decent free agents to take a shot on. They also seem to be bringing in a ton of guys to compete.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, and it adds depth that might make Dre expendable.  I like the sound of using some of Dre's money elsewhere...

Me too, Synric heard the Bears might cut Leonard Floyd, would love to get that LB in here.

If we want to go CB in FA Bradley Roby seems like a nice fit and re-sign Dennard for the Slot.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 11:44 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yes. And plus, the guy from the CFL And we still have McGee. 

We'll have to see who they sign in FA, but it would take a special set of circumstances for us to take a CB with 33. Baun, Queen, and Murray
would have to be gone. And maybe Gladney falls? 

With the defense claiming to now be a 3-4 hybrid, a draft investment in Safety would also make perfect sense.  Shawn Williams is in the final year of his contract.  He's been steady, but never a "wow" type of player.  If either McKinney or Delpit happen to be sitting there at 33, it would seem like a no-brainer to me.  If the front seven guy you covet is there at 33, then any of Winfield Jr., Ashtyn Davis, Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Dugger at 65 or 97 would be a great value addition to the defense.

(03-13-2020, 12:30 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: In the mocks I've been doing 33 seems like being a CB or DT but there's always the chance someone falls or that we tradeback.

If they really want a CB, there should be a few good ones in the 3rd round.  My gut instinct says that they would rather wait, and grab a 1st round Corner, in next year's draft.

(03-13-2020, 02:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: this is not a great CB class.  I can't see them drafting many, but there are a lot of decent free agents to take a shot on.  They also seem to be bringing in a ton of guys to compete.

Agreed, I think the best value will be a small number of corners that should be 3rd round worthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me too, Synric heard the Bears might cut Leonard Floyd, would love to get that LB in here.

If we want to go CB in FA Bradley Roby seems like a nice fit and re-sign Dennard for the Slot.

Roby needs to go to Zimmer, who was the ultimate in resurrecting dead CBs.  That guy went top 10, didn't he?  Leonard Floyd?  Interesting...an edge rushing guy...Makes sense.  And a former first rounder.  If the deal is right???  I love the idea of a veteran LB that has NFL experience and has shown solid play, and although I was thinking more of a coverage guy for depth with Vigil and Pratt, a draft pick will likely be that selection.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Roby needs to go to Zimmer, who was the ultimate in resurrecting dead CBs.  That guy went top 10, didn't he?  Leonard Floyd?  Interesting...an edge rushing guy...Makes sense.  And a former first rounder.  If the deal is right???  I love the idea of a veteran LB that has NFL experience and has shown solid play, and although I was thinking more of a coverage guy for depth with Vigil and Pratt, a draft pick will likely be that selection.  

Roby isn't a dead CB Racer lol

We are going to a 3-4 hybrid, Floyd might be a perfect fit.

Baun, Gaither, Dye, Brooks, Queen, lots of good cover backers in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Roby isn't a dead CB Racer lol

We are going to a 3-4 hybrid, Floyd might be a perfect fit.

Baun, Gaither, Dye, Brooks, Queen, lots of good cover backers in this Draft.

Then he is at least on life support... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 12:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then he is at least on life support... Hilarious

Ha ha good stuff.

BTW, after really thinking over Floyd I think he might not be what we need at LB.

With going to more of a 3-4 hybrid he is pretty much the same as Hubbard and Lawson just not as good.

We want an inside Linebacker from what I am seeing. Nigel Bradham is now my vote.
Reply/Quote
Just FYI: In the mocks I've seen all 3 Baun, Queen and Murray all go in the 1st round. As does Delpit...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote