Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Just football news, not pandemic related - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Just football news, not pandemic related (/Thread-Just-football-news-not-pandemic-related)

Pages: 1 2

Just football news, not pandemic related - Yojimbo - 03-12-2020

Bengals extended Tony Brown today. I think he’s going to be a great core ST player while occupying the 5th/6th CB position.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-tony-brown-to-contract-extension

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - pally - 03-12-2020

He's down working out at the same place as Carlos Dunlap in Miami

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2020

Good move. He's got great stats, for a back end of the roster type of player.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - fredtoast - 03-12-2020

Curious as to why they call this a "contract extension".

How can we sign a player under contract with another team? He was not with the Bengals last year was he?

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - pally - 03-12-2020

(03-12-2020, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Curious as to why they call this a "contract extension".

How can we sign a player under contract with another team?  He was not with the Bengals last year was he?

we picked him up on waivers and he was assigned to us after the Super Bowl.  Because it was still in the 2019 league year he was signed to a "1 year contract" that in reality was only until next week.  So yes, technically signing him for 2020 is an extension

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-12-2020

This could be a great grab honestly, I like Tony Brown, good player and has a few games as a starting Corner.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - bengalfan74 - 03-12-2020

Good deal

Bengals extend Tony Brown contract - psychdoctor - 03-12-2020

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - BURROWorBUST - 03-13-2020

Cool, so scratch the idea of drafting a CB after the 5th round.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - corpjet - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 12:20 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Cool, so scratch the idea of drafting a CB after the 5th round.

I think you will still see one maybe 2 CBs drafted this year

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - SunsetBengal - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 08:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: I think you will still see one maybe 2 CBs drafted this year

Likely so, depending largely upon what the team does with Kirkpatrick and Dennard.  I think what he was getting at is not to look for back of the roster types, as we found our "STer, depth guy" in Tony Brown.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - XenoMorph - 03-13-2020

(03-12-2020, 06:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bengals extended Tony Brown today. I think he’s going to be a great core ST player while occupying the 5th/6th CB position.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-tony-brown-to-contract-extension

wasn't this a guy we had on our PS then he got away nows he back or am I thinking of another CB?

(03-13-2020, 08:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: I think you will still see one maybe 2 CBs drafted this year

trading back that 2nd round pick could help do just that.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - Yojimbo - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wasn't this a guy we had on our PS then he got away nows he back or am I thinking of another CB?

You might be thinking of the guy from Michigan State? Bengals got this Brown on waivers just last year.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - fredtoast - 03-13-2020

(03-12-2020, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote: we picked him up on waivers and he was assigned to us after the Super Bowl.  Because it was still in the 2019 league year he was signed to a "1 year contract" that in reality was only until next week.  So yes, technically signing him for 2020 is an extension

Thanks for the explanation.

(03-13-2020, 10:16 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: You might be thinking of the guy from Michigan State? Bengals got this Brown on waivers just last year.

not sure anymore. lol the years and mess together for me sometimes...

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - Bengalitis - 03-13-2020

(03-12-2020, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Curious as to why they call this a "contract extension".

How can we sign a player under contract with another team?  He was not with the Bengals last year was he?

Probably the terms and stipulations are the same as his current contract is my guess.

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - BURROWorBUST - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 09:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely so, depending largely upon what the team does with Kirkpatrick and Dennard.  I think what he was getting at is not to look for back of the roster types, as we found our "STer, depth guy" in Tony Brown.

Yes. And plus, the guy from the CFL And we still have McGee. 

We'll have to see who they sign in FA, but it would take a special set of circumstances for us to take a CB with 33. Baun, Queen, and Murray
would have to be gone. And maybe Gladney falls? 

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - SHRacerX - 03-13-2020

(03-12-2020, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This could be a great grab honestly, I like Tony Brown, good player and has a few games as a starting Corner.

Yep, and it adds depth that might make Dre expendable.  I like the sound of using some of Dre's money elsewhere...

RE: Just football news, not pandemic related - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 11:44 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yes. And plus, the guy from the CFL And we still have McGee. 

We'll have to see who they sign in FA, but it would take a special set of circumstances for us to take a CB with 33. Baun, Queen, and Murray
would have to be gone. And maybe Gladney falls? 

In the mocks I've been doing 33 seems like being a CB or DT but there's always the chance someone falls or that we tradeback.