Poll: Would you trade Andy for draft picks and start Finley?
This poll is closed.
Yes
78.05%
32 78.05%
No
21.95%
9 21.95%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ryan Finley's pocket awareness
(10-02-2019, 12:02 AM)jason Wrote: Alright.

Metrics aren't facts though my man. If you ever watch a Texans game you might understand. I remember you posting preseason stats last year implying that Jeremy Hill was better than Joe Mixon. I usually don't remember such things but it was so blatantly an agenda that it stuck with me. This is the same thing. Andy isn't great, but come the **** on. Put any QB behind that line last night, and watch the same result.

I agree, to a point

What I mean is no QB is gonna just shine every play behind this Oline and throw for 450 and 5 TD's.

However, there are QB's out there who are better, much better, at pocket awareness, avoiding the blitz and staying focused at what's going on downfield, and completing passes amongst chaos.

Is Finely one of them ? We don't know

Is Dalton one of them ? NO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Gotta start somewhere. 

In ZTs last time in front of the cameras,he was saying that Dalton is his qb RIGHT NOW, which tells me he sees how Dalton is and I truly believe before the season,Finley will get his chance.Dalton has way too many bad habits,which is the result of trying to play behind horrible O-lines since he got here.I still do not believe finley is the answer,probably a band-aid until 2020 draft.Finley is one massive hit away from going on IR himself as he is so skinny.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:17 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I got the (cutely rhetorical) question and the point you were grossly failing at making with it.  The answers are obviously staring you in the face, yet you obtusely imply the answer is the opposite.

The question was nonsensical and so was the answer you'd already thought you concluded to by asking it. Like you had some sort of smart point or something putting up the ol' "AD's backup never faced a starting D shield". I simply set you straight that your attempted point makes no sense. You NOT arguing the point back just proves that I was right and you've figured out you took a stupid line of thinking. So now you avoid the subject with the ol' "Jeeze, I was just asking an "honest question".

Let's be real here. No you weren't. You love AD and that is that on the subject no matter what he does or doesn't do on the field.

You need a chill pill, your hatred for AD is spewing in everything you write. See, you are dead wrong and look around the forum, I said we should consider trading AD if we start 0-4, hopefully get a decent pick, but more importantly unload his salary and allow us time to see if Findley is the answer. Let's see his pocket presence with a crappy OL which we have.

This is a discussion board, not I have all the answers and I am superior and the rest of you are stupid forum. But, go ahead and embarrass yourself as you do on a daily basis. For the record, I think the FO should admit we suck and start trading guys right now for the rebuild by using the draft and cutting major salary cap players:

AD
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Dre

Anyone pushing 30 or over and has a high contract should be traded prior to the trade deadline, again 2 reasons start the rebuild with youth (draft) and get a ton of salary cap money to use the next few years to build around our new QB. They could be Findley or one of the top 2 available in the 2020 draft.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For the record, I think the FO should admit we suck and start trading guys right now for the rebuild by using the draft and cutting major salary cap players:

AD
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Dre

Anyone pushing 30 or over and has a high contract should be traded prior to the trade deadline, again 2 reasons start the rebuild with youth (draft) and get a ton of salary cap money to use the next few years to build around our new QB. They could be Findley or one of the top 2 available in the 2020 draft.

For the record, the front office has been unable to build a solid roster so they likely would be incapable of a rebuild. The older players you mention are the core of the few good solid drafts they had. There is no reason to talk of a 'rebuild' with this front office. Giving them more draft picks will not necessarily correlate into a better roster. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need a chill pill, your hatred for AD is spewing in everything you write. See, you are dead wrong and look around the forum, I said we should consider trading AD if we start 0-4, hopefully get a decent pick, but more importantly unload his salary and allow us time to see if Findley is the answer. Let's see his pocket presence with a crappy OL which we have.

This is a discussion board, not I have all the answers and I am superior and the rest of you are stupid forum. But, go ahead and embarrass yourself as you do on a daily basis. For the record, I think the FO should admit we suck and start trading guys right now for the rebuild by using the draft and cutting major salary cap players:

AD
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Dre

Ideally this would have happened BEFORE the season like the Dolphins.

But, I do think seeing what we have in Finley is worth it at some point. I just doubt those results are good without Green and Ross and with a horrible offensive line.

It's just a matter of time before Mixon wants out.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ideally this would have happened BEFORE the season like the Dolphins.

But, I do think seeing what we have in Finley is worth it at some point. I just doubt those results are good without Green and Ross and with a horrible offensive line.

It's just a matter of time before Mixon wants out.

Dolphins traded guys after the season started also.

Why would they have blown things up, they had a new HC and thought a bunch of guys returning from injury would propel them to greater things.

They now know they were wrong and are years away from winning with our current roster that has a bunch of very good vets getting older and likely past their prime soon. Soon, we will be over paying these guys, so why not trade them right now for needy playoff teams or those in the hunt as they have value right now.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:51 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote:
For the record, the front office has been unable to build a solid roster so they likely would be incapable of a rebuild.
The older players you mention are the core of the few good solid drafts they had. There is no reason to talk of a 'rebuild' with this front office. Giving them more draft picks will not necessarily correlate into a better roster. 

If so, then no hope EVER for this team to succeed if we continue down same old and tired path.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need a chill pill, your hatred for AD is spewing in everything you write. See, you are dead wrong and look around the forum, I said we should consider trading AD if we start 0-4, hopefully get a decent pick, but more importantly unload his salary and allow us time to see if Findley is the answer. Let's see his pocket presence with a crappy OL which we have.

AD
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Dre

I do not think you, personally, are stupid. I thought the point you were trying to make was stupid.

I also agree with you and am fine with the trading or not resigning of those guys. Look, they have to move on eventually, right? Look at the Carson Palmer era. Carson, TJ, Chad, Whit, Rudi, Dahani, Madieu, Roy Williams, James, O'Neil, etc etc.... all gone. The franchise is still here and, not only that, had an awesome 5 year run with a legitimate window for big success.

Time to embrace the opening of a new window. Nothing wrong with that! It's exciting and I'm looking forward to it!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:36 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: You are spouting stats from an entire year when I am talking about a single game from last night. You got a stat that says marriota had a 100 qb rating while getting sacked 8 times with the top 5 worst offensive line rating in a game in the last 15 years?? No, you dont, so just stop it. Marriota would have gotten his ass handed to him just like dalton did. 

Mariota had a game just last year where he was sacked 6 times in only 23 attempts and posting a rating over 140. But maybe he was helped out by Derreck Henry's 8 carries for 30 yards. So does that count?

Let me quess. It doesn't because that was different. Or you can just admit to say no QB could do well behind our line last week was just spoken out of frustration and/or lame defense of current Bengal QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Trading Dalton requires a trading partner.  Dalton has good yardage stats so far this season because he's had to throw the ball 5,000 times, but otherwise he has not looked good.  Say whatever you will about it not being his fault entirely, but who's watching this team right now and chomping at the bit to get a hold of Dalton?

Start Dalton until they have been eliminated from playoff contention (which, mercifully, could happen as early as this month).  Once they're firmly out of the playoffs, give Finley and Dolegala the rest of the season to see what you have.

They have been eliminated. Out of 183 teams that have started 0-4, only 1 team made it. 0.5% chance.
Reply/Quote
At this point yes.

They might as well trade Dalton, Green, and tank this season
Reply/Quote