Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LB's
(03-22-2019, 12:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Which coined the term... 3rd and Bengals last year.  Bengals were last in defensive 3rd down rate.  And 2nd to last in opponents time of possession.  

Our LB's gave up some 1846 passing yards. That's insane. It was by far the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth pointing out that the Bengals actually have TWO LB spots open right now. Burfict and Rey.
I'm fully expecting a LB to be taken no later than Rd 3 and another to be taken after that even if another LB is added in FA before the draft.

I think Burfict was gone 3 years ago, but he was on our roster eating up cap space. How many games did he miss last 3 years due to injury or suspension?

Yes, we need another stud LB, hopefully we get it with pick #11 of the NFL draft. But Burfict was a loss for years, we all hoped he would return to himself, in reality he got worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Trade all the picks for the last 11 7th rounders.. Heck, they might even get more 7th rounders with that strategy...  Sounds like a classical Mikey move, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Burfict was gone 3 years ago, but he was on our roster eating up cap space. How many games did he miss last 3 years due to injury or suspension?

Yes, we need another stud LB, hopefully we get it with pick #11 of the NFL draft. But Burfict was a loss for years, we all hoped he would return to himself, in reality he got worse.

Drafting White at 11 seems to make the most sense. That said, IF he's gone...I don't see another LB worth selecting there.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Burfict was gone 3 years ago, but he was on our roster eating up cap space. How many games did he miss last 3 years due to injury or suspension?

2016 and 2017, he played VERY well, when on the field.

it was the getting on the field bit, that was the problem.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need two backers fairly high in the draft.

This will be interesting draft because it would seem Taylor's first pick will be memorable and it could be someone other than White or Bush. It could very well be a QB or Wilkins if he is there.

Bengals also cannot count on Eifert. They do need TE in the first 4 rounds.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals need two backers fairly high in the draft.  

This will be interesting draft because it would seem Taylor's first pick will be memorable and it could be someone other than White or Bush.  It could very well be a QB or Wilkins if he is there.  

I think you will see a LB in Rd1 and either Hanks or Long in Rd4
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you will see a LB in Rd1 and either Hanks or Long in Rd4

If White is gone and unless the Bengals trade back, the backer will come in round two.  And I fear White will be gone.  Some may consider Bush at 11.  I do not.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If White is gone and unless the Bengals trade back, the backer will come in round two.  And I fear White will be gone.  Some may consider Bush at 11.  I do not.  

I am cool with sliding back to 15-18 for Bush, but his floor is 20 to the Steelers. I think he is worth the pick so if he is your guy and you like him at 11 no reason to risk going back to 15 or beyond for an extra 4th. If you have him rated close to a Mack Wilson then you risk it but I have seen some teams like Wilson at the back of the first so you'd need to move before then as the drop off to the second tier is pretty steep. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am cool with sliding back to 15-18 for Bush, but his floor is 20 to the Steelers. I think he is worth the pick so if he is your guy and you like him at 11 no reason to risk going back to 15 or beyond for an extra 4th. If you have him rated close to a Mack Wilson then you risk it but I have seen some teams like Wilson at the back of the first so you'd need to move before then as the drop off to the second tier is pretty steep. 

I agree.  It has to be White, Bush or Mack Wilson.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Last year people were calling Roquan Smith small...White and Bush are tiny.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
White is 6 foot 1, 255 lbs.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: White is 6 foot 1, 255 lbs.

No White 6 foot flat 237 lbs. Bush is 5'11 flat 234 lbs.

It's just funny because everyone was saying Roquan Smith is small and he was compared to Edmunds, LVE, Raashan Evans, and Darius Leonard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 01:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drafting White at 11 seems to make the most sense. That said, IF he's gone...I don't see another LB worth selecting there.

Devin Bush is definitely worth the #11 selection. He’s a better tackler than White and has better instincts. He’s also very fluid n can play the pass as well. I’d take him over Bush
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 03:14 PM)Synric Wrote: No White 6 foot flat 237 lbs. Bush is 5'11 flat 234 lbs.

It's just funny because everyone was saying Roquan Smith is small and he was compared to Edmunds, LVE, Raashan Evans, and Darius Leonard.

It's weird because Bobby Wagner is arguably the best LB in football right now and he is 6 flat.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's weird because Bobby Wagner is arguably the best LB in football right now and he is 6 flat.

I've come to the conclusion that height is not really a factor, in predicting LB talent.  If you look at the heights of LBs selected to the All-Pro, or even Pro-Bowl teams, you'll quickly notice that they're all over the chart.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They have really put themselves in a desperate situation at 11. We have to go LB, but we only have 2 OT's on the roster and looks like we won't be finding our LT of the future with that pick, as their will be good ones there that won't be there by the time we select in the 2nd round. Just not enough picks to fix the roster, and I think they know this is year one of a 16 year plan. They build through the draft, but don't do a good job of stockpiling picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals need two backers fairly high in the draft.  

This will be interesting draft because it would seem Taylor's first pick will be memorable and it could be someone other than White or Bush.  It could very well be a QB or Wilkins if he is there.  

Looking like we'll have to wait to upgrade our OT spots.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've come to the conclusion that height is not really a factor, in predicting LB talent.  If you look at the heights of LBs selected to the All-Pro, or even Pro-Bowl teams, you'll quickly notice that they're all over the chart.

Agreed,

In the big picture people tend to put way to much emphasis on height and weight for a given position. I'm not saying 5'7" is good for QB or 175 lbs is ok for MLB. But there have been many great players thru the years that didn't "fit" the size mold.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looking like we'll have to wait to upgrade our OT spots.

There are two players that I think are sleepers that can be drafted maybe in round 4 and 5 that may help.  One is a kid from USC other kid is from a small school I think his name is Pippins.

But I think if they don't select an offensive tackle in round two, they would have to hope to draft one of those two guys.  One thing is for certain the offensive line will not be fixed this year.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote