Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LB's
(03-22-2019, 06:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are two players that I think are sleepers that can be drafted maybe in round 4 and 5 that may help.  One is a kid from USC other kid is from a small school I think his name is Pippins.

But I think if they don't select an offensive tackle in round two, they would have to hope to draft one of those two guys.  One thing is for certain the offensive line will not be fixed this year.

I've heard of the USC kid. Hopefully there are some sleepers out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 06:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There are two players that I think are sleepers that can be drafted maybe in round 4 and 5 that may help.  One is a kid from USC other kid is from a small school I think his name is Pippins.

But I think if they don't select an offensive tackle in round two, they would have to hope to draft one of those two guys.  One thing is for certain the offensive line will not be fixed this year.

Unless Hart, Redmond, and Glenn have pretty big turn arounds I agree. 
Reply/Quote
Another year with a garbo O-line = another season of missing the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Hope we go LB. I doubt White is still there though.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 07:30 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hope we go LB. I doubt White is still there though.

He might be. Teams don't generally pick LB's that aren't pass rushers Top 10.
Reply/Quote

Great... we can already start misspelling his name as Poppins.

If he sucks then he can be "Supershittyexpeladocious!"

[Image: 980x.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 12:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Which coined the term... 3rd and Bengals last year.  Bengals were last in defensive 3rd down rate.  And 2nd to last in opponents time of possession.  

LOL....haven't heard that one but that's damn funny.  We need at least 2 LBs in top 3 rounds IMO....we just suck so bad at that position that its comical.  This reminds me of the yr they drafted Takeo Spikes and Brian Simmons in 1st rd......its that level of drafting we need to get back up to speed....although Simmons was just OK in my book …..but Spikes was badass.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Great...  we can already start misspelling his name as Poppins.

If he sucks then he can be "Supershittyexpeladocious!"

[Image: 980x.jpg]

lol ok it was pipkins.  sorry. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: They have really put themselves in a desperate situation at 11. We have to go LB, but we only have 2 OT's on the roster and looks like we won't be finding our LT of the future with that pick, as their will be good ones there that won't be there by the time we select in the 2nd round. Just not enough picks to fix the roster, and I think they know this is year one of a 16 year plan. They build through the draft, but don't do a good job of stockpiling picks.

except for 6th and 7th round picks.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
22 picks in the last two years I believe
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Its time to start thinking three safety sets, with larger hybrids as SS/LB.

That can be done with 3rd or 4th round picks. Hooker, Bell or Tell.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 09:39 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We have 1 borderline starter and a bunch of bums that shouldn't even be in the league.

that statement is just ridiculous... Burfict just got picked up.. so there is a bum over the last two years that is still playing.. cut Virgil or Brown, they would be picked up easy.  Then you have Jefferson who you can;t pass judgement yet only going into his 2nd year. 

Yes we need LB, draft is where we are going for them.. I see two picked in first 5 rounds... 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 02:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that statement is just ridiculous... Burfict just got picked up.. so there is a bum over the last two years that is still playing.. cut Virgil or Brown, they would be picked up easy.  Then you have Jefferson who you can;t pass judgement yet only going into his 2nd year. 

Yes we need LB, draft is where we are going for them.. I see two picked in first 5 rounds... 

Brown is definitely a starter in the league. I think the question on him is if can be adequate in pass coverage. As a run stuffer, he's pretty good.

Vigil improved last year. As your 3rd best LB, he's ok. If he's your 1st or 2nd best...you're in trouble.

We still need that #1 guy though to make the group come together. At this point, White seems like the best solution. But, I don't know if the Bengals will draft a LB at 11.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 10:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown is definitely a starter in the league. I think the question on him is if can be adequate in pass coverage. As a run stuffer, he's pretty good.

Vigil improved last year. As your 3rd best LB, he's ok. If he's your 1st or 2nd best...you're in trouble.

We still need that #1 guy though to make the group come together. At this point, White seems like the best solution. But, I don't know if the Bengals will draft a LB at 11.

Brown claims he will play at 240 or less this year.  Maybe that helps in the speed department.  In the very first game he played in as a Bengal, he intercepted a pass.  If he can play on two legs this year, maybe he won't be a big liability.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 11:10 AM)McC Wrote: Brown claims he will play at 240 or less this year.  Maybe that helps in the speed department.  In the very first game he played in as a Bengal, he intercepted a pass.  If he can play on two legs this year, maybe he won't be a big liability.

To hold up in coverage Brown will have to play lighter. Over his career he has graded out below average against the pass, and ran mid-4.8’s at the Combine. No matter what he does he’s still going to be somewhat of a liability in the passing game.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/preston-brown?id=2543814
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 11:10 AM)McC Wrote: Brown claims he will play at 240 or less this year.  Maybe that helps in the speed department.  In the very first game he played in as a Bengal, he intercepted a pass.  If he can play on two legs this year, maybe he won't be a big liability.

(03-24-2019, 12:04 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: To hold up in coverage Brown will have to play lighter.  Over his career he has graded out below average against the pass, and ran mid-4.8’s at the Combine.  No matter what he does he’s still going to be somewhat of a liability in the passing game.

Dropping some weight likely won't make him "faster", but might help his agility and overall athleticism.  In what action he was full-go last season, he looked decent in coverage.  But, that could just be because the rest of what we had looked so bad.. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals also cannot count on Eifert.

Why not?  His ankle injury was NOT due to "frailness" it would have broken ANYONE'S ankle.  Hell, if anything, the extra rest should HELP his other injuries (back, etc)
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:04 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: To hold up in coverage Brown will have to play lighter.  Over his career he has graded out below average against the pass, and ran mid-4.8’s at the Combine.  No matter what he does he’s still going to be somewhat of a liability in the passing game.

Didn't he have more INTs than any of our CBs last year? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dropping some weight likely won't make him "faster", but might help his agility and overall athleticism.  In what action he was full-go last season, he looked decent in coverage.  But, that could just be because the rest of what we had looked so bad.. 

Yeah, speed probably wasn't the right word.  Quickness and better reaction time maybe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't he have more INTs than any of our CBs last year? 

Yes he did.  

Reply/Quote