Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LG
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I think best case is they sign Collins at RT, resign Spain and let him and Carman battle it out. If you resign Spain, you have at least a competent LG who you know what you get.
Reply/Quote
If all the good corners are gone, and Raimann is BPA at 31 (I fully expect both Linderbaum and Zion to go in the top 25), can he convert to guard? He has good strength and athleticism, and his measurable safe similar to Cappa and Scherff (both college tackles). I think it could be a possibility. His arm length is a little short for a tackle but adequate for a guard.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
The biggest question about Raimann is how much glass does the Austrian Military feed their service members
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I think they are banking on Carman as the starter and will draft another Guard early in the draft. I’m cool with this if they do indeed sign Collins. I’m a little surprised that Spain isn’t signed by now. I would have bet had they had interest in him, he would have signed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think best case is they sign Collins at RT, resign Spain and let him and Carman battle it out. If you resign Spain, you have at least a competent LG who you know what you get.

I'd feel better if they resign Spain. I'm just a little scared about penciling Carman in at starting LG. And my faith in Adeniji and Prince is very slim.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

have any of our OL players gotten better under pollack? or does need need established starters across the board.
Reply/Quote
I'd say they are letting Spain figure out what he's worth in FA, then they'll offer him a fair deal. Spain probably thinks he'll get more than he actually will.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have any of our OL players gotten better under pollack? or does need need established starters across the board.

I’m not sure but I haven’t seen any of the O-linemen we’ve had under pollack go on to be any better elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think best case is they sign Collins at RT, resign Spain and let him and Carman battle it out. If you resign Spain, you have at least a competent LG who you know what you get.

I think that would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:21 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think they are banking on Carman as the starter and will draft another Guard early in the draft. I’m cool with this if they do indeed sign Collins. I’m a little surprised that Spain isn’t signed by now. I would have bet had they had interest in him, he would have signed.

I'm cool with it if they're ok with the risk that Carman flops and our line sucks again.

It would basically move our issue from RG to LG IF Carman flops.

I REALLY hope they land Collins. But, a lot of teams want him apparently.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say they are letting Spain figure out what he's worth in FA, then they'll offer him a fair deal. Spain probably thinks he'll get more than he actually will.

He might have to take a couple million dollars again on a 1 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not sure but I haven’t seen any of the O-linemen we’ve had under pollack go on to be any better elsewhere.

The Dude just coaxed a terrible Oline to the Super Bowl and made a close game of it. I’d say he got all they had and then some.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not sure but I haven’t seen any of the O-linemen we’ve had under pollack go on to be any better elsewhere.

Price kind of did.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Price kind of did.

Did he? I don’t think he was anything other than below average.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:39 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The Dude just coaxed a terrible Oline to the Super Bowl and made a close game of it.  I’d say he got all they had and then some.

he didnt coax anything burrows grit survived being sacked 70 times
Reply/Quote
I am fine with Carman competing for a spot as long as they have someone really good for him to compete against. I don't think we should just assume that he will suddenly become a quality starter, and I am still concerned about his bad back being an issue, as it was during the Super Bowl. So even if he is good when he plays I can't see him making it through a full season.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Really need to sign a legit proven guy. I trust the Bengals to develop a crappy or rookie OL about as far as I can throw DJ Reader.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:21 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think they are banking on Carman as the starter and will draft another Guard early in the draft. I’m cool with this if they do indeed sign Collins. I’m a little surprised that Spain isn’t signed by now. I would have bet had they had interest in him, he would have signed.

If the bolded ends up being their plan, they should look to draft someone who has the versatility to play multiple spots. That way it's not OG or bust.
I think if Spain re-signs, he'd want to have a high likelihood where he would start, not be a backup.
It's easier to convince a draft pick they could ride the bench vs a veteran.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote