Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL.
"This Bengals team is going to be 4-12 bad. Which means a lot of throwing the ball. Which means more Giovani Bernard and less Hill."

- Adam Rank, NFL.com

This Bengals team is going to be 4-12 bad. Which means a lot of throwing the ball. Which means more Giovani Bernard and less Hill.

How can these, so called "NFL analysts" be taken seriously?

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000660792/article/adam-ranks-top-111-fantasy-players-for-2016
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
WOW, that is awful lol Sick
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
dont understand how we improve our lineup minus nelson but get worse? they must not like us or the NFL already has told the refs to make us lose.
Reply/Quote
This is weird, Adam Ranks is usually pretty logical other than weird comparisons to star wars and stuff..... The only analyst I like on there is Elliot Harrison, he tells it how it is.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:33 AM)milksheikh Wrote: "This Bengals team is going to be 4-12 bad. Which means a lot of throwing the ball. Which means more Giovani Bernard and less Hill."

- Adam Rank, NFL.com

This Bengals team is going to be 4-12 bad. Which means a lot of throwing the ball. Which means more Giovani Bernard and less Hill.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000660792/article/adam-ranks-top-111-fantasy-players-for-2016

This wouldn't shock me if Rank was talking about the Browns, Crowell, and Duke Johnson. He must have gotten the Ohio NFL teams mixed up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Is he talking as far as fantasy football goes? I mean, I could see that argument as fantasy teams are all about who is scoring and with us losing two WR, I could see where you'd think the Bengals would take a dip. But only from a FF line of thinking.

Which is why I hate fantasy football guys. It's an entirely different activity than football.
Reply/Quote
Lol 4-12
Reply/Quote
Maybe its a subtle joke at someone who predicted we would go 4-12 last year, and he is just saying we are going to throw, a lot, just like last year, so dont draft Jeremy Hill. That would make A LOT more sense.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Is he talking as far as fantasy football goes? I mean, I could see that argument as fantasy teams are all about who is scoring and with us losing two WR, I could see where you'd think the Bengals would take a dip. But only from a FF line of thinking.

Which is why I hate fantasy football guys. It's an entirely different activity than football.

Problem with your thinking is he is looking at how he thinks the team will do in the real season and justifying his fantasy numbers.  So he really thinks the Bengals are a 4-12 team...
Reply/Quote
He also has Laquon Treadwell labeled as a Giants player.

He was probably just really drunk when he wrote this.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 01:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He also has Laquon Treadwell labeled as a Giants player.

He was probably just really drunk when he wrote this.

You know i was kinda rooting for Hue Jay and Zim in their respective spots... but after those 3 took all our WRs.. i want to crush lol Zim you get a pass this year... but hue and Jay its on.
Reply/Quote
This dude was smoking some really good stuff.

I'm actually ashamed I clicked on it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:33 AM)milksheikh Wrote: "This Bengals team is going to be 4-12 bad. Which means a lot of throwing the ball. Which means more Giovani Bernard and less Hill."

- Adam Rank, NFL.com

The only way we only win 4 games is if we are obliterated by injuries from our most important players and even then
it should be hard for anyone who actually watches this team think we lose 12 games. Must be a joke, right now we are
the most solid team in the league, i will say even more solid than the Panthers and even the Cards or Pats.

We just had a great draft as well where we added, WJ3, Billings, Boyd and Westerman. 4 players that would of been
impossible for us to draft before it happened by many experts in the same draft.

We are solid in the trenches where you win games as well. Any way you look at it this sounds fishy.

Even idiots like Colin Cowturd wouldn't say something this stupid. Makes no sense.

If an analyst is honestly and unbiasedly looking at the top teams going into this year Cincinnati is definately one of the
top teams right now and should be on everyones radar. Our problem is winning in the Playoffs, not the regular season.
Reply/Quote
I would love to know the "logic" behind a 4-12 prediction, but I refuse to click the link.

I think all the losing predictions every year just shows that the media is hoping the Bengals go away. They are one of the most consistent, stable and well run teams in the NFL over the last 5+ years, so a drop to 4-12 with no major losses/holes makes zero sense.

That said, the Bengals are a boring team for national media. No one outside of a relatively small radius gives two squats about the Bengals, and they haven't offered anything new or exciting to talk about in several years. We're really good but not quite great in regular season, then we make a quick playoff exit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is weird, Adam Ranks is usually pretty logical other than weird comparisons to star wars and stuff..... The only analyst I like on there is Elliot Harrison, he tells it how it is.

You mean the guy who claimed "Bell is quite simply the best running back in pro football, whether he's under 25 or not" just this offseason?
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000640570/teddy-bridgewater-leveon-bell-head-allunder25-team

That's only telling it how it is if "it" is a Steelers Fan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Must have been thinking about the Bangles..the girl band..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gonna try and put myself in his shoes:

He isn't a fan.

On paper it looks like we lost a lot of quality player. And we did.

PT game record.

2 games against Steelers and he probably feels the Ravens are going to be a lot better.

We haven't won a lot of games in New York, Dallas, New England, London

So there it is, we'll just have to prove him wrong.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Must have been thinking about the Bangles..the girl band..

Susanna Hoff was hot!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
Its simple,we are a hated team by the nfl
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You mean the guy who claimed "Bell is quite simply the best running back in pro football, whether he's under 25 or not" just this offseason?
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000640570/teddy-bridgewater-leveon-bell-head-allunder25-team

That's only telling it how it is if "it" is a Steelers Fan.

He's usually very honest in his coverage of the Bengals. Doesn't tear them down like other analysts on NFL.com, and from what I gather from his writing, understands that our team/fanbase gets a raw deal.

I don't think the Bell article is a great example of him being a 'Steeler Fan'. Before Bell got hurt he could very well be the best running back in pro football. I can't think of many others that were playing at his level, when healthy.
Reply/Quote