Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL A guy that played on an 0-16 team calls out the Bengals
(11-27-2019, 12:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, he's right.

Putting Dalton back in makes no sense, unless Mike Brown walked into Zac's office and said "If you go 0-16, you're fired."

OR "If you even win 1 game you're fired!" tough telling anymore.. Take your pick..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:46 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m not sure if you’re being facetious, exaggerating or completely truthful... but this theory holds more merit than most want to believe.

I can’t remember the exact quote or tweet, but one of the Cincinnati sportswriters predicted Marvin would be out after he lost the second game to the Browns. Maybe his/her prediction was lucky, but I believe being swept by Cleveland played a huge part in Mike letting Marv go

It’s a shame Mike isn’t smart enough to hold the same disdain for Pittsburgh Whatever

Yep, 1,000%

I'm not quite sure all Bengal fans, especially younger ones, get MB's total hatred of Cleveland ? That's the one and basically (as far as anybody can tell) only passion of his.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:46 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m not sure if you’re being facetious, exaggerating or completely truthful... but this theory holds more merit than most want to believe.

I can’t remember the exact quote or tweet, but one of the Cincinnati sportswriters predicted Marvin would be out after he lost the second game to the Browns. Maybe his/her prediction was lucky, but I believe being swept by Cleveland played a huge part in Mike letting Marv go

It’s a shame Mike isn’t smart enough to hold the same disdain for Pittsburgh Whatever

Mike should loathe every opponent the Bengals encounter. Oh, and yes; I am completely serious about Zac not being retained if he drops both games against the Skid Marks.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, he's right.

Putting Dalton back in makes no sense, unless Mike Brown walked into Zac's office and said "If you go 0-16, you're fired."

I believe that's exactly what happened...
Reply/Quote
I have no problem putting Andy back in. Finley isn’t some growing pains away from being serviceable. You auditioned him and he failed miserably. No reason to continue playing him when he is obviously not the future and you have a better player on the bench.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor knows he’s toast, just like Marvin Lewis, if he loses to Cleveland twice in a season.  That’s Mike Brown’s barometer for success.

I still have a hard time believing Marvin Lewis didn't just walk on his own accord at the end of the season. The idea that MB took legitimate initiative to shake things up us hard for me to picture, especially since Marvin had expressed a desire to walk away earlier in the losing season streak. 
Reply/Quote
I heard on the radio that several players had a say in bringing Dalton back in...Not saying right or wrong but if you have a bunch of guys that want to win and come to you and say this then you should listen....They are the ones on the field.....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. In fact, I think it’s obvious. Based on Taylor’s post game quotes of Ryan remaining “the guy” then suddenly benching Finley a day or two later...

I mean, come on. This move is 100% on the front office.

We're fairly healthy too. We had Glenn back for the Steelers.

Just AJ and Jonah out.

Meanwhile the Steelers were on their 4th string QB, without Conner, Pouncey, Tuitt, and Juju.

At some point, the front office either has to say 'Wow this is on us for putting together a terrible roster' or 'Wow - Taylor is a terrible coach.'

I don't see them putting this on themselves.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, 1,000%

I'm not quite sure all Bengal fans, especially younger ones, get MB's total hatred of Cleveland ? That's the one and basically (as far as anybody can tell) only passion of his.

Interestingly, the Cleveland he hates moved to Baltimore...but Cleveland kept the team history for the expansion team. I guess that's a tough scenario.

He doesn't seem to hate Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still have a hard time believing Marvin Lewis didn't just walk on his own accord at the end of the season. The idea that MB took legitimate initiative to shake things up us hard for me to picture, especially since Marvin had expressed a desire to walk away earlier in the losing season streak. 

Indeed. I think Marvin was ready to move on too.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I heard on the radio that several players had a say in bringing Dalton back in...Not saying right or wrong but if you have a bunch of guys that want to win and come to you and say this then you should listen....They are the ones on the field.....

Oh well...it took less than 1 season and 3 games of actual play for the Bengals to destroy Finley. That's efficiency!
Reply/Quote
1. Taylor will not be fired after this season. The roster was a total pile of crap. There may be some changes on the staff, but the front office will give him one more year. My wish would be that they hire an experienced OC or DC. Maybe even one with some HC experience. That way if next season is more of the same garbage they will have an "interim" coach ready to step in.

2. The Bengals owed it to everyone to take a look at Finley. But it is hard to sell a pro football team on intentionally losing. In other sports you can play "safe" without having your whole game go to hell, but you can't do that in football. Hard to ask guys to risk their bodies and brains knowing the team is not trying to win. So I think they had to do it for the other veterans on the team who have worked so hard and played through minor injuries. All of these guys are in pain this time of year.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I think they want the #1 pick...but they DON'T want to be 0-16.

Now that the Redskins won a 2nd game, we can comfortably win 1 game.

That said, our 0-8 QB is the guy to lead us to the promised land.

Andy’s revenge for the way they handled his benching will be to win 2-3 games and screw the bengals outta the first pick. He will laugh all the way to his next gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Taylor will not be fired after this season.  The roster was a total pile of crap.  There may be some changes on the staff, but the front office will give him one more year.  My wish would be that they hire an experienced OC or DC.  Maybe even one with some HC experience.  That way if next season is more of the same garbage they will have an "interim" coach ready to step in.

2.  The Bengals owed it to everyone to take a look at Finley.  But it is hard to sell a pro football team on intentionally losing.  In other sports you can play "safe" without having your whole game go to hell, but you can't do that in football.  Hard to ask guys to risk their bodies and brains knowing the team is not trying to win.  So I think they had to do it for the other veterans on the team who have worked so hard and played through minor injuries.  All of these guys are in pain this time of year.

Jay Gruden as OC seems like a logical move as OC.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Andy’s revenge for the way they handled his benching will be to win 2-3 games and screw the bengals outta the first pick.  He will laugh all the way to his next gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they'd love to have the #2 pick.  Takes the decision making out of their hands as long as Burrow or chase goes first.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're fairly healthy too. We had Glenn back for the Steelers.

Just AJ and Jonah out.

Meanwhile the Steelers were on their 4th string QB, without Conner, Pouncey, Tuitt, and Juju.

At some point, the front office either has to say 'Wow this is on us for putting together a terrible roster' or 'Wow - Taylor is a terrible coach.'

I don't see them putting this on themselves.

We were also without a further two first round picks in John Ross and Dre Kirkpatrick and the Front Office rate them so they may use the injuries excuse a bit longer as that was half the first rounders on the roster out.

ps Wasn't Rudolph, their 2nd string QB, benched rather than injured? I don't want to give the Front Office further excuses by saying we were without Dalton, Price etc
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think they'd love to have the #2 pick.  Takes the decision making out of their hands as long as Burrow or chase goes first.  

IF you think there's a decision for them with the #1 pick...you're sadly mistaken.

They will take Burrow. They are not even considering Young...unless Burrow gets hurt or starts to play terrible.
Reply/Quote
What is sad is that it doesn't matter.

Joe is right, and the fans are right and the media is right and in the end.... Mike Brown doesn't care.

I don't think there is anyone or any group that could have a negative enough opinion of the Bengals for Mike to give a damn and make a change.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well, he is right. I just think Taylor is trying to save his job or Mikey told him he is fired if he goes 0-16.

No point to me to trot out Dalton again to try to win but I am a fan. I would of played Dolegala since Finley
wasn't getting it done. Dalton wasn't getting it done either, see what you have with what you have. We know
what we have in Dalton and Finley who has a noodle arm. Atleast Dolegala has a big arm.
Reply/Quote
Joe Thomas apparently doesn't understand the "dead cat bounce" and why the Bengals would suddenly try hard to win at the end of a lost season.

Gotta peddle false hope to the fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote