Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL A guy that played on an 0-16 team calls out the Bengals
(11-27-2019, 01:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jay Gruden as OC seems like a logical move as OC.

If Jay were willing to step down to OC, he'd be a perfect fit, considering that there's a heavy Jon Gruden/WCO theme with Zac's staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Whether factual or not I love it. This franchise is horrible and deserves to be blasted
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What is sad is that it doesn't matter.

Joe is right, and the fans are right and the media is right and in the end.... Mike Brown doesn't care.

I don't think there is anyone or any group that could have a negative enough opinion of the Bengals for Mike to give a damn and make a change.

EVERY offseason, this board will be full of positivity and people calling me negative.

IF this team were 3-8 right now, people would be talking about how Zac was turning this team around. The bar is low here.
Reply/Quote
I'm telling you Bengals will win 3 games and lose #1 pick. just watch

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 11:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm telling you Bengals will win 3 games and lose #1 pick. just watch

How? Miami is the only winnable game I see on the remaining schedule.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EVERY offseason, this board will be full of positivity and people calling me negative.

IF this team were 3-8 right now, people would be talking about how Zac was turning this team around. The bar is low here.

I dunno man... We may get excited by drafting a Chase Young or Joe Burrow, but if Zac is still around I don't think there will be a lot of optimistic folks on here. I think people will be more excited if Burrow is the pick because a lot of us believe in a mythical QB who can carry and elevate the team.

If they get crazy and overhaul the assistants, and sign a legit FA or something it may perk us up (if it does; we're counting on you to rain on it... Haha), but I think reality has set in with us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Jay were willing to step down to OC, he'd be a perfect fit, considering that there's a heavy Jon Gruden/WCO theme with Zac's staff.

Depending on what openings are available, he may have to step down to OC to keep his foot in the door. If that's the case, Cincinnati would be a perfect spot for him. He's familiar, and Taylor sucks and could lose his job... He'd be waiting in the wings.

Of course he was captured in camera smoking weed, and trying to bang a college chick so maybe he's over that NFL coach life...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interestingly, the Cleveland he hates moved to Baltimore...but Cleveland kept the team history for the expansion team. I guess that's a tough scenario.

He doesn't seem to hate Baltimore.

Mike Brown doesn't change coaches just because they get swept by the Browns, for several reasons. The one you noted, Modell went to Baltimore. He's not going to fire a coach that goes 12-4 and wins a playoff game, if 2 of those losses are to the Browns and NOBODY, not one single person, knows whether or not Mike Brown hates the Browns so much he'd fire a coach for going 0-2 to them in the same year. 

What the hell is the difference if a coach loses 2 in the same season, or 2 in a row in consecutive season?

It's just plain ridiculous and laughable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Taylor will not be fired after this season.  The roster was a total pile of crap.  There may be some changes on the staff, but the front office will give him one more year.  My wish would be that they hire an experienced OC or DC.  Maybe even one with some HC experience.  That way if next season is more of the same garbage they will have an "interim" coach ready to step in.

2.  The Bengals owed it to everyone to take a look at Finley.  But it is hard to sell a pro football team on intentionally losing.  In other sports you can play "safe" without having your whole game go to hell, but you can't do that in football.  Hard to ask guys to risk their bodies and brains knowing the team is not trying to win.  So I think they had to do it for the other veterans on the team who have worked so hard and played through minor injuries.  All of these guys are in pain this time of year.

^This

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, he's right.

Putting Dalton back in makes no sense, unless Mike Brown walked into Zac's office and said "If you go 0-16, you're fired."

Or it could be they've seen all they need to, to determine Finley does not have the arm to play in this league.
Reply/Quote
When a Cleveland Brown thinks people want his opinion on winning... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno man... We may get excited by drafting a Chase Young or Joe Burrow, but if Zac is still around I don't think there will be a lot of optimistic folks on here. I think people will be more excited if Burrow is the pick because a lot of us believe in a mythical QB who can carry and elevate the team.

If they get crazy and overhaul the assistants, and sign a legit FA or something it may perk us up (if it does; we're counting on you to rain on it... Haha), but I think reality has set in with us.

Personally, I prefer Burrow. Not that Chase Young is not a wrecking machine, but we have pretty good ends with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, etc. We are lacking a new QB and a line to put in front of him. Grab Burrow, then spend the rest of the draft taking linemen  and Linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When a Cleveland Brown thinks people want his opinion on winning... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Tbf he’s a first ballot HOFer.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 11:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm telling you Bengals will win 3 games and lose #1 pick.  just watch

If there is any chance of some form of Murphy's Law kicking in against the Bengals right now, this may be it.

They may get the short term benefit of winning 3 games with Dalton but end up losing out on what may end up being a number one overall Star of the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Personally, I prefer Burrow. Not that Chase Young is not a wrecking machine, but we have pretty good ends with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, etc. We are lacking a new QB and a line to put in front of him. Grab Burrow, then spend the rest of the draft taking linemen  and Linebackers.

I think part of the reason I'd prefer Young is it gives us the option to trade Dunlap and that contract. I love Carlos, but he's closer to the end, and costs some coin. Maybe we could package him and a draft pick for a 2nd round pick? But I do realize that saving money means very little if they aren't going to sign some outside help.

I think I'm still stuck in Trevor Lawrence from last year, and would prefer him to any QB in this draft. Although sucking this bad for another year to get him sounds brutal...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you think there's a decision for them with the #1 pick...you're sadly mistaken.

They will take Burrow. They are not even considering Young...unless Burrow gets hurt or starts to play terrible.

You mkae up mor BS and state is as fact than anyone else around here.

This is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf he’s a first ballot HOFer.

That's the part that's truly sad... He was so great, and it was squandered on those teams. They started improving when he was gone.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or it could be they've seen all they need to, to determine Finley does not have the arm to play in this league.

Then put Dolegala in.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Then put Dolegala in.

I suspect Taylor was facing losing the rest of the tram... They couldn't care less about player evaluation. They wanna win. Putting Dolegala in was gonna make things worse.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 03:31 PM)jason Wrote: I suspect Taylor was facing losing the rest of the tram... They couldn't care less about player evaluation. They wanna win. Putting Dolegala in was gonna make things worse.

Yea, that's what I was saying in my original post. Putting Dalton in means that Taylor was told by Brown (or possibly his players) that he needs to win a game or he is fired/they will lose all respect for him.

Putting Dolegala in would tell you if there's any reason to keep this 3rd QB on your roster, eating a roster slot that could be used for more depth at another position of need (like Oline, especially when we have had so many injuries there).

There's definitely value in seeing if he has any NFL talent or if his preseason was, like Finley's, 100% a product of the terrible competition he was facing.

But if he's gotta get win #1 to keep his job, putting Dalton in makes sense.
Reply/Quote