Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LT thinks the Steelers are the best team in the AFC
(12-09-2015, 06:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Wrong LT.

The statement was so asinine that we assumed it was 56...  Turns out Tomlinson is outta his mind as well.  The Steelers might be the best team to miss the playoffs, but that's it.

With the state of our secondary, I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals come up short against the Steelers this week.  That doesn't mean that the Steelers are the better team.  I still expect a Bengals win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:31 PM)jason Wrote: The statement was so asinine that we assumed it was 56...  Turns out Tomlinson is outta his mind as well.  The Steelers might be the best team to miss the playoffs, but that's it.

With the state of our secondary, I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals come up short against the Steelers this week.  That doesn't mean that the Steelers are the better team.  I still expect a Bengals win.

I was going to say, if it was LT #56 we'd know it was just because he really identifies with Rapistberger.

[Image: lawrence_taylor-guilty-300.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So what will they say when we beat them again and hold them down on points again.... Last time it was supposed to be a shootout. It was their worst game.

We just need to play our style and we will be fine. Our DL will be the difference as it usually is ...
Reply/Quote
If our DL does it's job and does not let Williams get outside on runs we can stay with it even given the depleted secondary. Lest we forget we'll have Eifert back and the key will actually be interior line blocking for us.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Cause we don't root for Shitsburgh? Confused

Yeah, that doesn't makes sense. We don't root for Pittsburgh and LT thinks their the best afc team. Why would a Bengal fan care? 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is the same bullshit that gets spewed about the Steelers every year around this time.

"ut oh...here come the steelers...the team no one wants in the playoffs.."

The same awesome Steelers that have just as many playoff wins as Andy Dalton since 2011.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 07:09 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Dont discount the steelers.  They are money in december and are playing phenomenal on offense right now.  They certainly have the ability to go on a run and become a team to fear during the playoffs.  Bengals might have to score 45 to win this week.

(12-09-2015, 07:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why get torn up when someone offers an opinion?

The reality is the Steelers are a very good football team and we will be in for a dogfight Sunday. The Steelers will also playing a very good team and will be in for a dogfight.

May the best team win, but more important to me is who is better come January or February because opinions won't matter after the Super Bowl, as the best AFC team will be crowned the best after the AFC championship game.

THK U BOTH for the realism Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:14 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So LT thinks Pittsburgh is the best team in the afc and you have a problem why?

(12-10-2015, 11:02 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah, that doesn't makes sense. We don't root for Pittsburgh and LT thinks their the best afc team. Why would a Bengal fan care? 

Because we are Bengals fans and we feel we are the better team? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Defensive line and make sure there's deep safety help. Those are the two main keys.

Ben is going to take shots. Brown had a TERRIBLE game against us. He missed passes he regularly catches.

It's going to be a really tough game, no doubt. But if the D-line harasses Ben and we limit the deep pass, the Bengals should do just fine.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Because we are Bengals fans and we feel we are the better team? Confused

So if LT said the Texans were a better team what you say then?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:00 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So if LT said the Texans were a better team what you say then?

Nothing because his stupidity said enough
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:00 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So if LT said the Texans were a better team what you say then?

(12-10-2015, 04:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Nothing because his stupidity said enough

What this guy says.....and then to look at the records? Confused

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: What this guy says.....and then to look at the records? Confused

Oh boy LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:54 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Oh boy LOL

Seems pretty cut and dry to me....I mean, there are 3.... count them....AFC teams at 10-2....but a 7-5 team is better?  Puff, puff, give mother******!  Me thinks LT took one too many shots to the head. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seems pretty cut and dry to me....I mean, there are 3.... count them....AFC teams at 10-2....but a 7-5 team is better?  Puff, puff, give mother******!  Me thinks LT took one too many shots to the head. LOL

Riddle me this. Did the 7-5 beat the 10-2? 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:45 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Riddle me this. Did the 7-5 beat the 10-2? 

No, they did not?  Try to follow along? Confused  Pretty good riddle I guess....

Reply/Quote
The Steelers are pretty clearly in the tier with the Bengal, Broncos, and Pats and it's rally impossible to argue that. Their defense has been solid enough and their offense is insane even without Bell. Plus it's hard to doubt Ben going into the playoffs. The only way they won't be going deep is if Ben gets hurt for the 20th time
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The Steelers are pretty clearly in the tier with the Bengal, Broncos, and Pats and it's rally impossible to argue that. Their defense has been solid enough and their offense is insane even without Bell. Plus it's hard to doubt Ben going into the playoffs. The only way they won't be going deep is if Ben gets hurt for the 20th time

Look at the common opponents....it can be argued.  They're good, but they're not the best team in the AFC.  It's still NE....fluke special teams play notwithstanding.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The Steelers are pretty clearly in the tier with the Bengal, Broncos, and Pats and it's rally impossible to argue that. Their defense has been solid enough and their offense is insane even without Bell. Plus it's hard to doubt Ben going into the playoffs. The only way they won't be going deep is if Ben gets hurt for the 20th time

They only thing the pass defense does well is rush the passer other than that their pretty bad.  Their the 2005 Bengals they can score a lot of points but cant stop anyone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 07:17 PM)J24 Wrote: They only thing the pass defense does well is rush the passer other than that their pretty bad.  Their the 2005 Bengals they can score a lot of points but cant stop anyone.

They have a slightly above average defensive DVOA, although it relates more to their run defense. Still, I'm not saying they are the best team in the AFC, but they are near the top in a muddled pick em of the best
Reply/Quote