Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LT thinks the Steelers are the best team in the AFC
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The Steelers are pretty clearly in the tier with the Bengal, Broncos, and Pats and it's rally impossible to argue that. Their defense has been solid enough and their offense is insane even without Bell. Plus it's hard to doubt Ben going into the playoffs. The only way they won't be going deep is if Ben gets hurt for the 20th time

We continue to hear this each year over the last 4 years about how well Steelers will play in the playoffs and we continue to hear how Bengals are 0-4 in playoffs.   

Well look at how the Steelers have performed over the last 4 years in playoffs.. they are 0-2 and two times did not make it... 

They are a good team but I disagree about their defense.. What did Seattle score just one game ago ?? like 40 points..  they got to still play more consistent for me ... especially away.. and that is where all their games are going to be in the playoffs if they even make it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 05:59 PM)McC Wrote: Steelers are pretty damn good.  We're not too shabby either.

The steelers have a pretty darn good O, but an average D. We are good in all 3 phases of the game.
Reply/Quote
"Look at me I'm so cool. I'm blue collar and poor" -Every Steelers Fan
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 06:45 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Riddle me this. Did the 7-5 beat the 10-2? 

Steelers are 1-4 against teams with winning records.

Bengals are 3-1 against teams with winning records.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The Steelers are pretty clearly in the tier with the Bengal, Broncos, and Pats and it's rally impossible to argue that. Their defense has been solid enough and their offense is insane even without Bell. Plus it's hard to doubt Ben going into the playoffs. The only way they won't be going deep is if Ben gets hurt for the 20th time

It's possible and pretty easy to argue against the Steelers being in the same class as the top 3 AFC teams. Ulimately, it's all about wins and losses, not media hype or the logo on their helmet. The Steelers are 4-3 with Ben and we're comparing them to 10-2 teams. The Steelers have been hot for a couple games. The Broncos, Bengals and Pats have been hot all year long.

As for the playoffs, Ben in 0-2 since 2010, and has an unimpressive 21-19 TD/INT ratio for his career. The defense isn't carrying him like it used to.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers (with Ben) are 0-3 against the only good teams they've played (Seattle, NE, Cincy), and they've racked up wins and points against the likes of SF, Cleveland, Oakland and the Colts with their 40 year old backup.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The stoolers team this year is like their helmets, one sided. The have a good offense and that is it...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 07:09 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Dont discount the steelers.  They are money in december and are playing phenomenal on offense right now.  They certainly have the ability to go on a run and become a team to fear during the playoffs.  Bengals might have to score 45 to win this week.

There won't be 45 points scored in this game by both teams combined.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 03:48 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: There won't be 45 points scored in this game by both teams combined.

I'm not sure. Their secondary is just bad. I'm glad Eifert is going to be back. Andy's going to take them apart in this second meeting. 

And our secondary isn't anywhere close to full health without Adam Jones. And Jones' absence isn't good for our retrun team either. Ben's receivers could have big days if we don't have some guys step up.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 04:38 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm not sure. Their secondary is just bad. I'm glad Eifert is going to be back. Andy's going to take them apart in this second meeting. 

And our secondary isn't anywhere close to full health without Adam Jones. And Jones' absence isn't good for our retrun team either. Ben's receivers could have big days if we don't have some guys step up.  

A good pass rush makes an average secondary look good. Hall, Dre, Shaw and Hill will be fine if Geno, Dunlap and MJ make the pig's life miserable for 4 quarters.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 07:21 PM)EatonFan Wrote: The real question is is our offense going to score more points on their D than their offense against our beat up secondary?

Guenther better call a hell of a game.  We need it.

We have a banged up secondary, but the Steelers just flat out have a bad secondary.

Our receivers need to feast.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 01:42 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Steelers are 1-4 against teams with winning records.

Bengals are 3-1 against teams with winning records.

Wrong team..
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 11:09 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Wrong team..

.....then wrong record. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This happens at the end of nearly every season. The Stoolers have a decent, but not very good record, yet they are deemed the best by the media.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 11:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....then wrong record. ThumbsUp

Bang Head
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 04:38 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm not sure. Their secondary is just bad. I'm glad Eifert is going to be back. Andy's going to take them apart in this second meeting. 

There are supposed to be 45 mph winds during the game.  The deep ball is going to be hard for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: There are supposed to be 45 mph winds during the game.  The deep ball is going to be hard for both teams.

I see that as good for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: There are supposed to be 45 mph winds during the game.  The deep ball is going to be hard for both teams.

Do you have a link for that? The local reports I've seen are calling for significantly less wind.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 02:05 PM)gobobro Wrote: Do you have a link for that? The local reports I've seen are calling for significantly less wind.

I agree as I am seeing temps of almost 70 and winds 10 to 15 MPH
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Perhaps it changed. I live in Colorado, so I'm only going by what I've heard.
Reply/Quote