Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Laell Collins = Trey Waynes
(09-23-2022, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The drama queens just never stop..... Hilarious

I remember Reiff being competent. Collins has been awful. The run game has been too. The pass game hasn't knocked my socks off either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:21 PM)jason Wrote: I remember Reiff being competent. Collins has been awful. The run game has been too. The pass game hasn't knocked my socks off either.

Collins actually graded out with an elite run blocking score against Dallas (95). So it’s hard to put any of the run game struggles on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I see "Mr. Overreaction-Bad Take Tony" has struck again
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:21 PM)jason Wrote: I remember Reiff being competent. Collins has been awful. The run game has been too. The pass game hasn't knocked my socks off either.

Which is consistent with most of the coaching staff and players during the first two weeks. I hope that if the team improves, we'll also see Collins improve.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The drama queens just never stop..... Hilarious

Pointing to free agent rankings (grades) from pundits that don't mean anything (as we can see from Collins play) isn't giving what you think it is.... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Whatever Nostradamus.    Tongue

Damn.  That was rough.
Reply/Quote
LC has not looked good so far yet it's way too early to be calling him a bust.

Still holding out hope, but him and Jonah do need to step up their game soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Whatever Nostradamus.    Tongue

Many, Tony taking so many Ls out here this week it's crazy. About as brutal as our start these past 2 weeks. 

Imagine making that post and then this thread and still coming back every day with takes he thinks are good. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/bengals-optimistic-la-el-collins-201028489.html

But on Thursday, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said that despite Collins missing practice that day, they still had hope he can play over the weekend.

According to Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic, Taylor said the Bengals “feel good” about Collins suiting up against the New York Jets.

If his back is too hurt for Practice can he protect the QB?  not being in practice wont help him clean up the mental mistakes
Reply/Quote
No way. Waynes barely suited up, and was a nonfactor when he did. LC’s issues seem to be mental lapses, which you don’t like seeing from a former probowl vet. That’s fixable. Hopefully.

His run blocking grade seems to be on par with what its been throughout his career. Its the pass blocking that needs improvement. Mental lapses like not keeping his hands on Watt (that INT), letting Parsons rush free, can’t happen. Not from a starter, and most definitely not from a former ProBowler who came in with the whole “bodyguard” expectation.

Here’s to hoping he gets it fixed and starts trending in the right direction this week!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those 2 are the reigning DPOY and the DROY. There are not “plenty” of players like them.

And it’s not even about giving Collins a pass (I’m disappointed with him so far), it’s just saying we’ve only seen him against the best of the best so far. Other than Garrett we won’t see anyone as crazy good as those 2 the rest of the season.

There's a lot of pass rushers out there now who can wreck a game on the Bengals schedule.

Cameron Jordan
Shaquille Barrett
Matt Judon (with the Patriots)
Von Miller

Can all ruin your day. Plus the 2 games against Garrett you mentioned and, TJ Watt again in Week 11.

I'd count that as 9 games (including the ones against Parsons and Watt already) where the Bengals are going to see a potentially game wrecking pass rusher, with the possibility of that number being 11 if Justin Houston's revival is real.

Too many great pass rushers in the league now that you can't be crumbling against top talent every time.

- - - - - - -

The thread is pretty ridiculous though. He's playing, so he's obviously not Trae Waynes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
anyone saying they knew this would happen is a dam liar
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 06:09 PM)Housh Wrote: anyone saying they knew this would happen is a dam liar

What would happen?

I recall a few questioning LC's back in the off season. Are you talking about something else? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would happen?

I recall a few questioning LC's back in the off season. Are you talking about something else? 

JJ was banging that drum pretty loudly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would happen?

Yeah whoever said they knew LC would suck and miss time could that’s possibly known that. Players are injured and play the next season all the time.

Burrow just did it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Dude is a waste. I knew it right from the rip, got some cowboy fans in the family. This is exactly what they said would happen.. Dude has no love for the game or drive and the littlest adversity and he's out...

Geez bro, act like this isnt your 2nd NFL season.

LC came to a brand new team, didnt participate in the preseason, has a bad back right now but it is only game 3.  Lets act like adults and see how if he can come around, he is very talented.

Let me address a couple things you said, my personal opinion only:

1. Nobody cares what a cowboys fan says that organization is totally dysfunctional, and many were crying about LC being gone as soon as Tyron Smith went down.

2. Questioning a players' love for the game is almost as amateur and immature as it gets.

3.  He is not out, he is playing.

4.  LC has faced more adversity than you probably ever will.  Look at the adversity of 2 last second losses and how you are reacting...

5.  It's not too late to delete this historically awful take.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Those 2 are the reigning DPOY and the DROY. There are not “plenty” of players like them.

And it’s not even about giving Collins a pass (I’m disappointed with him so far), it’s just saying we’ve only seen him against the best of the best so far. Other than Garrett we won’t see anyone as crazy good as those 2 the rest of the season.

Sorry I don't agree with your assessment,  if you are considered a top 5 tackle  u need to compete better against top tier LB and DE,  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 08:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry I don't agree with your assessment,  if you are considered a top 5 tackle  u need to compete better against top tier LB and DE,  

We all want to see better, but we should give him more time and it doesnt get any tougher than Watt and Mikah.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 08:00 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah whoever said they knew LC would suck and miss time could that’s possibly known that. Players are injured and play the next season all the time.

Burrow just did it

Well we don't "know" what the future will hold in any aspect. But I don't see it as BS if someone asserted LC would struggle this year with injury and performance. 

Did anyone "know" Burrow would be injury free and play well last year; yet suck this year? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which is consistent with most of the coaching staff and players during the first two weeks. I hope that if the team improves, we'll also see Collins improve.

I concur...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote