Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lafell going to play against jacksonville
Dont know if anybody posted this already but lafell is expected to playagainst jags
Reply/Quote
Only seen it on Holics twitter feed thread earlier.

Great news and looking forward to seeing his debut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I thought he was going to have surgery? That's really good news honestly. LaFell seems to be underrated around these parts.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I thought he was going to have surgery? That's really good news honestly. LaFell seems to be underrated around these parts.

I saw this this afternoon and was going to post about it.

I think he's underrated because he's always been kind of a role guy and never really had a chance to shine, but being a role player is exactly what we need out of him here.

He also only played 11 gams with the Pats last year, so people kind of forgot about him.  

I think he'll be a dependable guy and another solid weapon for us.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I saw this this afternoon and was going to post about it.

I think he's underrated because he's always been kind of a role guy and never really had a chance to shine, but being a role player is exactly what we need out of him here.

He also only played 11 gams with the Pats last year, so people kind of forgot about him.  

I think he'll be a dependable guy and another solid weapon for us.

ThumbsUp

He's a really good #2. He normally gets 600-700 yards a year (sometimes more), and he always has a decent amount of TDs. I think people will be surprised at how good he is honestly.
Reply/Quote
I think everyone bases Lafell's career off of last season and see him as a bad player. However, he was hurt last year and did not produce because of his injuries, but if you look at the year before in New England, he was a solid role receiver. I think he will be exactly what this team needs as a number 2 and then add Tyler Boyd in the slot and the starting receiving group is just as good if not better than last year. Plus add in the solid play of Cody Core, Alex Erickson and even Brandon Tate and the receiving core looks more impressive.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Dont know if anybody posted this already but lafell is expected to playagainst jags

Cool. 

That will increase his trade value for a former OSU Buckeye. If we traded LaFell and McCarron for Joey Bosa, do you think the Chargers would need to include their 2017 and 2018 first round picks or just their 2017 first rounder?
Reply/Quote
We have our superstar in Green. We have our rising potential star in Boyd. And we have a bunch of question marks.

It's nice to have a dependable body to pair with the first two, as well as help to cover up our lack of playmakers until Eifert gets back into the game.

Lafell will be a good player for us, I think.

Just hope his hand isn't damaged in such a way that it will make it difficult for him to catch the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Cool. 

That will increase his trade value for a former OSU Buckeye. If we traded LaFell and McCarron for Joey Bosa, do you think the Chargers would need to include their 2017 and 2018 first round picks or just their 2017 first rounder?

Mike Brown will extract a huge value out of any possible trade of AJ McCarron..... ala Carson Palmer, and there won't be any other players in on the deal.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I wonder if Boyd will move outside and Lafell in the slot. LaFell played his best seasons in Carolina when working a majority out of the slot. He was upset they didn't let him get time in the slot in NE, and he mentioned their willingness to let him spend some time in why he signed here. With Boyd's ability to get open on the outside so far Green, Boyd, Lafell could be the optimum lineup.
Reply/Quote
Obviously this is fake news, as many posters here had pointed out his injury would most likely require going on IR while awaiting amputation.

And the armchair MDs are never wrong...
Reply/Quote
We were surprised to see him practice in West Carrolton yesterday. I had to do a double take to look up who #11 was. He did not look great. Quite a few drops. Sure ligament damage in your hand doesn't help with catching passes from NFL arms
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 07:53 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: We were surprised to see him practice in West Carrolton yesterday.  I had to do a double take to look up who #11 was.  He did not look great.  Quite a few drops.  Sure ligament damage in your hand doesn't help with catching passes from NFL arms

I would guess that there is a fine line for the pain management part of the equation.

Numb it up so he can't feel the pain, and he can't catch the ball.

Don't numb it up and it hurts too much to catch the ball.

I hope they can find the sweet spot.

Side note:  Could he be back out there already due to fears of being released?  Boyd, Core, and Erickson have all stepped up.  Maybe the pressure is on...
Reply/Quote
THinking about driving up from Orlando and catching the game....Any other Florida Bengals going?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 08:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would guess that there is a fine line for the pain management part of the equation.

Numb it up so he can't feel the pain, and he can't catch the ball.

Don't numb it up and it hurts too much to catch the ball.

I hope they can find the sweet spot.

Side note:  Could he be back out there already due to fears of being released?  Boyd, Core, and Erickson have all stepped up.  Maybe the pressure is on...
That's a good question. Maybe it really isn't going to get better any time soon and he's just trying to see if he can play through it instead of falling by the wayside to a bunch of young guys.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they'll wrap/tape his hand so he doesn't injure it any further.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Anxious to see him on the field making plays.
Reply/Quote
Lafell should be fighting for a spot that I don't think he deserves, but we'll see. Hobs thinks it's pretty much guaranteed he's in. He was struggling with drops before the hand injury, and has been outplayed by Tate, and our rookie (both drafted and undrafted) this camp. I don't see room for him with Green, Boyd, Core, Wright, Tate, Erickson.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: Lafell should be fighting for a spot that I don't think he deserves, but we'll see. Hobs thinks it's pretty much guaranteed he's in. He was struggling with drops before the hand injury, and has been outplayed by Tate, and our rookie (both drafted and undrafted) this camp. I don't see room for him with Green, Boyd, Core, Wright, Tate, Erickson.

I agree, he should not be a lock.

Hobs has him in as a lock, as mentioned, but he also has Erickson fighting Tate for the 6th and final roster spot locking in A.J., Cody, James, Boyd, and Lafell.

Too excited for this position battle, would have liked to see Simonese get more looks, from what I've seen his running style is lanky quick. Stretches the field like an alien.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 09:46 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hopefully they'll wrap/tape his hand so he doesn't injure it any further.

That's what I'd be worried about. I'm no sports doctor, but "damaged ligament" sounds pretty awful to my ears. Hopefully playing through it won't hinder the healing process so that Lafell can contribute later in the season.
Reply/Quote