Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar requests trade
(03-27-2023, 09:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If he signs the tag he is under contract and then open to all fines associated with holding out of camp, etc.

The best part of this whole thing is Lamar released the statement the moment Harbaugh was going to his scheduled press conference.

Yeah, the timing was pretty funny.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
"The Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value".

Tell me you're not smart enough to win a super bowl without telling me.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: All the critics and people saying "Pay Him" keep saying "He's a former MVP.  Pay him!"  Yeah former MVP - three+ years ago and declined every year since and injured every year since.  So I say, sure, yes, it's a mess for the Ravens of their own doing, but PAYING Lamar is not the solution to the problem.  Getting rid of him while getting as much value as you can, is.

This is driving me bonkers....

So many people, fans and ex players alike, are saying this so flippantly without considering what Jackson is actually demanding. People are acting like because he's a former MVP that he should get a blank check, but there IS a limit regardless of WHO you are. 

I guarantee you Jackson's phone has rang and he's had conversations with other teams. And I can also guarantee you that very early on in the call, the question has been ask "What exactly are you looking for?" That's absolutely how you'd start the process. 

.....And he has gotten ZERO offers. This tells me that that number is so unrealistically high, that other teams aren't even bothering to go any further until he lowers his expectations. 
Reply/Quote
I dont know why Lamar is requesting a trade. Any team could sign him if they wanted to. Nobody is stopping teams from signing him. If Lamar was as great of a QB as he thinks he is wouldnt at least one team give up 2 first round draft picks to get him? I mean if the Bengals offered Burrow up for 2 first round draft picks dont you think there would be several teams that would jump on that opportunity? Same with Mahomes?

The reality is Lamar is a mediocre passer that will be prone to injury because he runs too much. Yes some of his runs look good for a TV highlight but his lack of ability to throw the ball like other elite QBs makes him less valuable. He is not on the same level as Burrow, Mahomes, Allen or even Herbert.
Reply/Quote
I am so tired of professional athletes demanding such high salaries. Personally, I'd like to see all deals fall through and Lamar sits the bench next year. Then, see what he's worth.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know why Lamar is requesting a trade.  Any team could sign him if they wanted to.   Nobody is stopping teams from signing him.

Is it possible that he doesn't know or didn't know how the Transition Tag works?  He has no agent and maybe he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed?
Reply/Quote
there are teams out there saying they dont like fully gaurenteed contracts so that is what he wants apparently
Reply/Quote
He is no JB or Mahomes but he is decent.

On his best day he may be a top 10 (and if so… #10)

There are quite a few teams that would certainty benefit immediately by bringing him aboard so this tells me his price tag is THE deal breaker.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there are teams out there saying they dont like fully gaurenteed contracts so that is what he wants apparently

No team is ever going to do the Watson deal ever again.

Sadly for Lamar he’s the example.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I understand why nobody wants to get Lamar right now.

2 firsts and then you gotta agree to give more than what Baltimore has on the table.

This situation is on the Ravens. You don’t let a guy who won a MVP get to the 5th year of his rookie deal without a contract. What idiots. Even if you secretly think Lamar is bums as a thrower, you damn near have to sign him based off production and what he meant to your franchise. Lamar saved Harbaugh’s job in the NFL imo.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 09:12 PM)Housh Wrote: I understand why nobody wants to get Lamar right now.

2 firsts and then you gotta agree to give more than what Baltimore has on the table.

This situation is on the Ravens. You don’t let a guy who won a MVP get to the 5th year of his rookie deal without a contract. What idiots. Even if you secretly think Lamar is bums as a thrower, you damn near have to sign him based off production and what he meant to your franchise. Lamar saved Harbaugh’s job in the NFL imo.

they have been trying to sign him for a while now the issue is he isnt good at negotiating and is a bad agent lol
Reply/Quote
I think he should take a year off and go back to the schools so they can sharpen his writing skillz. Hard to believe he has a college edumacation.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 08:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they have been trying to sign him for a while now the issue is he isnt good at negotiating and is a bad agent lol

Yeah it is one thing to negotiate your own rookie contract since a lot of it is determined already.  It's another thing to try to negotiate what will likely be the largest and most complicated contract of your career on your own.   All over a max 3% a qualified NFLPA approved agent would get or maybe just being stubborn.  But it's his life and his money so whatever.   He'll be set for life financially either way.   Let him figure it out on his own if he wants.   Maybe he's just so bad at negotiating he can't even work out a deal with an agent.    Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 01:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah it is one thing to negotiate your own rookie contract since a lot of it is determined already.  It's another thing to try to negotiate what will likely be the largest and most complicated contract of your career on your own.   All over a max 3% a qualified NFLPA approved agent would get or maybe just being stubborn.  But it's his life and his money so whatever.   He'll be set for life financially either way.   Let him figure it out on his own if he wants.   Maybe he's just so bad at negotiating he can't even work out a deal with an agent.    Tongue

Or he's not smart enough to realize how dumb he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 09:38 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he should take a year off and go back to the schools so they can sharpen his writing skillz. Hard to believe he has a college edumacation.

Yeah - I'm sure he attended a lot of classes at Louisville.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 09:12 PM)Housh Wrote: This situation is on the Ravens. You don’t let a guy who won a MVP get to the 5th year of his rookie deal without a contract. What idiots. Even if you secretly think Lamar is bums as a thrower, you damn near have to sign him based off production and what he meant to your franchise. Lamar saved Harbaugh’s job in the NFL imo.

Not an MVP, but how'd that work out for the Cardinals with Kyler? Paying a guy because you're expected to even if he's bums is simply a bad move.

Disagree that he saved Harbaugh's job, too, because I don't know how much it was ever in jeopardy. The year before Lamar got drafted the Ravens were 9-7 with the 9th scoring offense and 6th scoring defense. With a shoddy old Joe Flacco at QB. They had won 5 of their previous 6 and were a last minute Dalton-to-Boyd TD from going to the playoffs.

Lamar has had a top-3 scoring defense in every year other than the COVID year where the Ravens lost like 9 DBs to injury, and he's had a HoF Kicker carrying their special teams every year. The Ravens will be fine with a different QB once they are able to switch their offense back to a non-Lamar one. Harbaugh seems like a turd of a person, but his teams are always very good on defense and special teams and he's only had 4 non-winning (2 losing) seasons in 15 years. They're a very very stable franchise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 01:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah it is one thing to negotiate your own rookie contract since a lot of it is determined already.  It's another thing to try to negotiate what will likely be the largest and most complicated contract of your career on your own.   All over a max 3% a qualified NFLPA approved agent would get or maybe just being stubborn.  But it's his life and his money so whatever.   He'll be set for life financially either way.   Let him figure it out on his own if he wants.   Maybe he's just so bad at negotiating he can't even work out a deal with an agent.    Tongue

Perhaps his plan all along has been to become an agent after his playing career and he thinks this is how he shows everyone he can do the job.
Reply/Quote
I just had lunch with my old man and we were talking about it and how I hope Baltimore calls his bluff, drafts a QB, and then he only can sign somewhere as a backup for a league minimum or at least costing himself a hundred million or more...............

Hilarious

Especially since he was too cheap to pay an agent 3%!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just had lunch with my old man and we were talking about it and how I hope Baltimore calls his bluff, drafts a QB, and then he only can sign somewhere as a backup for a league minimum or at least costing himself a hundred million or more...............

Hilarious

Especially since he was too cheap to pay an agent 3%!

Hilarious

Do y’all dislike Lamar personally or something? This is weird.

I can see the wanting the Ravens to be screwed but why the hate for Lamar? Does he look silly for not having an agent yes but he plays the game the right way, leaves it on the field, and has never had a teammate badmouth him.

This is just weird to me.

Or is it just a troll thing and I’m looking too deep into it?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 03:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not an MVP, but how'd that work out for the Cardinals with Kyler? Paying a guy because you're expected to even if he's bums is simply a bad move.

Disagree that he saved Harbaugh's job, too, because I don't know how much it was ever in jeopardy. The year before Lamar got drafted the Ravens were 9-7 with the 9th scoring offense and 6th scoring defense. With a shoddy old Joe Flacco at QB. They had won 5 of their previous 6 and were a last minute Dalton-to-Boyd TD from going to the playoffs.

Lamar has had a top-3 scoring defense in every year other than the COVID year where the Ravens lost like 9 DBs to injury, and he's had a HoF Kicker carrying their special teams every year. The Ravens will be fine with a different QB once they are able to switch their offense back to a non-Lamar one. Harbaugh seems like a turd of a person, but his teams are always very good on defense and special teams and he's only had 4 non-winning (2 losing) seasons in 15 years. They're a very very stable franchise.
You can’t go to the super extreme in Kyler Murray. There have probably been way more teams who have been in the same position and it worked out.

And for all we know a new coach and a new culture could change and Kyler could more than earn the rest of that super deal. He has the talent. As of right now i can only call this Cardinal season a fluke

But i do think Ravens are in the same position. What’s the endgame for them if they do plan on moving on? Hoping Hundley balls out? Hoping another Lamar Jackson falls in your lap?
-Housh
Reply/Quote