Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar requests trade
(04-09-2023, 07:40 PM)Housh Wrote: Do y’all dislike Lamar personally or something? This is weird.

I can see the wanting the Ravens to be screwed but why the hate for Lamar? Does he look silly for not having an agent yes but he plays the game the right way, leaves it on the field, and has never had a teammate badmouth him.

This is just weird to me.

Or is it just a troll thing and I’m looking too deep into it?

Don't dislike him but he's being stupid and greedy, which getting what you can is what everyone wants, but he's stupid to turn down that deal and try to go toe-to-toe with billionaires.

Plus, I love seeing a rival franchise going through this!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:44 PM)Housh Wrote: You can’t go to the super extreme in Kyler Murray. There have probably been way more teams who have been in the same position and it worked out.

And for all we know a new coach and a new culture could change and Kyler could more than earn the rest of that super deal. He has the talent. As of right now i can only call this Cardinal season a fluke

But i do think Ravens are in the same position. What’s the endgame for them if they do plan on moving on? Hoping Hundley balls out? Hoping another Lamar Jackson falls in your lap?

If they don't keep Lamar by overpaying him, I think they draft Hendon Hooker with the 22nd pick and have him sit behind Huntley for a bit. November 20th will be the 1 year mark from Hooker's knee injury. That was Week 11-12 last year, so maybe they also sign Teddy Bridgewater to compete with Huntley until that time. Lamar's rookie year he first started Week 10, so it wouldn't be unknown territory for them.

I just don't think Lamar will ever be a good enough passer to justify a big QB contract. He's never thrown 3200 yards (200 x 16) in a season before. Most concerning for me is he has been below league average in completion % in 4 of his 5 years. If you can't complete passes, you can't last long at QB. It's why I was low on Tebow, was low on Newton, and am low on Allen. Even if you ignore that nobody's body can hold up long term to all the running (it's why RBs have such short careers) you have to be able to complete passes as a QB, let alone if you want to be a highly paid QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote