Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Lance McAllisters valid questions
(09-16-2015, 11:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah but you cannot lay those 21 years before dalton arrived on him. at least we get to watch competitive football now.

The team was competitive prior to the AJ Green era
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know a few.  They are more arrogant about the Steelers than they are critical.

Maybe that's because Steelers fans can talk about having the most Super Bowls.

And yes, Steelers fans are very critical of their team. Live in Pittsburgh and you'll understand.

There isn't a week I don't hear someone talk about how they should lose Big ben, or Tomlin should be fired, and so on and so on.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 07:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know lots of the exact types you speak of and i live in, of all places...

Star Valley Frickin' Wyoming where we have nobody here in terms of population compared to other places.

Biggest bandwagon following of all time the Steelers have. If i go to any Sports place around here there are
Steeler jerseys and paraphenelia everywhere. Never seen a Bengal jersey anywhere, but maybe that will change
when we win the Superbowl, who knows.

To the OP, i agree with McC, i honestly don't like how these bastids try to place everyone into one category.

We have went through more shit than any other fan of any other team though IMHO.

Hopefully the Playoff bug is off our back this year or even better, the Lombardi trophy is in our hands.

I live off the beach near Tampa and went to the preseason game here. There were quite a few Bengals fans in attendance. After the game on the way out, a Tampa fan saw me and said to his wife, "there's another one". He sounded amazed at how many Bengals fans showed up.

I see AJ Green, Burfict and Malauluga jerseys in sports bars around here and one time I did see a Dalton jersey and tried to strike up a conversation with the guy. Turns out he's from Eastern Europe, spoke almost no English and responded with "NFL!" and had a big smile. I think he just liked the colors or something.

Now, I do have to admit that we got tickets because the son of one of my best friends for the last 25 years grew up with one of the Bucs players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:14 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: The team was competitive prior to the AJ Green era

Yeah, back in the Cris Collinsworth era. :)

I just had to say.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know a few.  They are more arrogant about the Steelers than they are critical.

In addition to the arrogance they tend to be secure in their ability to retreat into "Who cares about this game, how many Super Bowls do YOU have?" every time they go down 10+ points.  I went to a Bengals @ Steelers game with my gf at the time and some friends who were for each team and some people would trip over themselves to mockingly ask us how many Super Bowls we had.  Blah blah blah.

They kept that up even when they scored 21 points and broke Huber's jaw in the first quarter.  I went to see the Bears at Heinz Field earlier in the year (2013) and the Bears were up some 20 points most of the game and the only thing that came out of Steeler fans' mouths involved 6 Super Bowls and so on. 

I hate them for being able to just stupidly retreat into that every time things go the slightest bit sour.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 08:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Maybe that's because Steelers fans can talk about having the most Super Bowls.

And yes, Steelers fans are very critical of their team. Live in Pittsburgh and you'll understand.

There isn't a week I don't hear someone talk about how they should lose Big ben, or Tomlin should be fired, and so on and so on.

I have a friend who is one of those "come lately" Steelers fans and he badmouthed Ben the entire 2009 season and once they won the Super Bowl I thought he'd shut up but NO, he was sure they would have won with Leftwich in there, too.  So a guy who hoped for his team's imminent destruction got to lord yet another Super Bowl over me.  Lovely.  He's a goofball, so meh.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 09:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I live off the beach near Tampa and went to the preseason game here. There were quite a few Bengals fans in attendance. After the game on the way out, a Tampa fan saw me and said to his wife, "there's another one". He sounded amazed at how many Bengals fans showed up.

I see AJ Green, Burfict and Malauluga jerseys in sports bars around here and one time I did see a Dalton jersey and tried to strike up a conversation with the guy. Turns out he's from Eastern Europe, spoke almost no English and responded with "NFL!" and had a big smile. I think he just liked the colors or something.

Now, I do have to admit that we got tickets because the son of one of my best friends for the last 25 years grew up with one of the Bucs players.

Thanks Chris, that make me feel better. We have a damn fine team and deserve some damn respect.

Happy to hear of our Bengals colors being worn at other stadiums and i saw a few in Oakland, badasses.

Just this last weekend the Saturday before the game was my sisters wedding and there my new bro in law,
the Reverand, and the other 2 Groomsmen were and are all Stealer fans. But before and after the big ass
wedding i talked with around 10-15 other fans of other teams and everyone had respect for the Bengals and
how i know my football primarily from THIS board.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Chris, that make me feel better. We have a damn fine team and deserve some damn respect.

Happy to hear of our Bengals colors being worn at other stadiums and i saw a few in Oakland, badasses.

Just this last weekend the Saturday before the game was my sisters wedding and there my new bro in law,
the Reverand, and the other 2 Groomsmen were and are all Stealer fans. But before and after the big ass
wedding i talked with around 10-15 other fans of other teams and everyone had respect for the Bengals and
how i know my football primarily from THIS board.

The Bengals are a good team. I had to go back to the last playoff winning team (1990) to find another Bengals team that I thought could compare in talent. There are more weapons on offense than can be satisfied in a game. Simply not enough throws or carries to go around.

Then there's the defense, which is capable to playing really well, and where we have Burfict on the shelf and Dennard working on his trade while getting some snaps. Dennard would likely be starting for most any other team if the Bengals hadn't drafted him. Burfict's return for Pittsburgh should add a spark. Atkins is back and Adam Jones is like a man possessed.

I do fly my OSU flag in front of the house when we near the end of college football season. Maybe the Bengals will give me a reason to buy a Bengals flag this year.

And, to boot, my neighbor from across the street was over tonight and he was telling me that his daughter is engaged to a fanatic Bengals fans. I haven't met him yet, but I'm sure I will.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 10:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have a friend who is one of those "come lately" Steelers fans and he badmouthed Ben the entire 2009 season and once they won the Super Bowl I thought he'd shut up but NO, he was sure they would have won with Leftwich in there, too.  So a guy who hoped for his team's imminent destruction got to lord yet another Super Bowl over me.  Lovely.  He's a goofball, so meh.

To be fair, we've had people here beg for McCarron to start. And don't forget the LeFever some people on these boards had as well.
Reply/Quote