Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap’s podcast
I saw this on Instagram and can’t seem to post the link. He is saying de at 11, looking sweat. Take it with a grain of salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 02:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I saw this on Instagram and can’t seem to post the link. He is saying de at 11, looking sweat. Take it with a grain of salt

Doubt Sweat makes it to us, i think Lap is out of the loop now.

I used to damn near take Lap's opinion as gospel now i will do as you say and take it with a grain of salt.

I am thinking White, Taylor or one of the DT's or even Hochenson are much more likely than Sweat.

Wouldn't have a problem taking Sweat thought that is for sure, would have one hell of a pass rush.

Just have to get a LB and an OT in the following rounds.
Reply/Quote
I’d be pretty disappointed in Sweat.
Reply/Quote
I figure Lap has as much insight into this team as anyone else out there tossing their 2 cents worth in..
As long as this draft isn't a repeat of 2015 we should be improved. 2015 was the football equivalent of a botched abortion.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
An edge rusher is not what the doctor ordered to excite the fan base. But sweat would be dominant with Geno and Dunlap.

if the Cincinnati Bengals go that route they would still need a right tackle, a couple linebackers tight ends, a quarterback at some point. they just have so many other needs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
in a 4 3 if you cant get to.the QB consistantly or at least make a QB go throw before he wants to then.your hanging your back 7 out to dry.
I would not gripe if the Bengals went DE RD 1.then LB 2 and QB 3.
you really need a disruptor from the 4 3 alignment.
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed.

But pass rushers are never a bad choice. Our DE position itself is a little crowded, with Lawson, Dunlap, Hubbard and Willis all deserving snaps. I'd much rather we take a pass rusher at DT. But if Oliver isn't there, then Sweat would likely be the last pass rusher available that's worth the #11 pick, assuming Bosa, Allen and Williams are all off the board (which they should be).

Hmm...I would feel better about the choice if I knew who else was available haha. I'd take White, Oliver, Haskins, Taylor and probably even Hockenson over Sweat, personally (among the players projected to be available at 11).
Reply/Quote
Sweat got kicked out of MIchigan State after two years of being suspended for various reasons. Some rumors are it was pretty serious stuff. Between that and the heart issue I just think that is a risk not worth taking.
Reply/Quote
Sweat would be a monster on the right side. But the Bengals would have to draft a linebacker around two and settle for a third tier offensive tackle. Stidham is my favorite quarterback. They may be able to get him in the fourth round.

Also, it Lindstrom is there in round 2, you take him. He is a very smart player and an outstanding human being.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sweat got kicked out of MIchigan State after two years of being suspended for various reasons. Some rumors are it was pretty serious stuff. Between that and the heart issue I just think that is a risk not worth taking.

Didn't know about the suspensions with Sweat, just the heart issue. I guess he could fall.

Definately gives me pause. They better do their homework on this guy before taking him.

(04-20-2019, 03:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sweat would be a monster on the right side. But the Bengals would have to draft a linebacker around two and settle for a third tier offensive tackle. Stidham is my favorite quarterback. They may be able to get him in the fourth round.

Also, it Lindstrom is there in round 2, you take him. He is a very smart player and an outstanding human being.

Yeah, Lindstrom in the 2nd would be a good pick, Germaine Pratt or Long in the 3rd, Stidham in the 4th would be a nice Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sweat got kicked out of MIchigan State after two years of being suspended for various reasons. Some rumors are it was pretty serious stuff. Between that and the heart issue I just think that is a risk not worth taking.

I guess this would be enough to be dissuaded at this pick.  If this new coaching regime picks troubled but talented players I will be pissed.  I think they need to select high character talented players to indicated the Bengals have truly changed from the Lewis tenure.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

It was Pot and something to do with a Bicycle which Sweat claims was a misunderstanding.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 04:16 PM)Synric Wrote: It was Pot and something to do with a Bicycle which Sweat claims was a misunderstanding.

Going to simply say I don’t believe that was all the story.
Reply/Quote
BTW, on Mel and Todd's Mock Draft they have us taking Jawaan Taylor.

Would be happy. Big, athletic mauler at RT, just what we need.
Reply/Quote
I just saw this on SB Nation and have to admit Sweat jumped out at me. Also, I realize Bush isn't listed and should be considered as well, just copying from that site.

Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, Quarterback, Oklahoma
San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, Edge, Ohio State
New York Jets: Josh Allen, Edge, Kentucky
Oakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams, Defensive line, Alabama
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ed Oliver, Defensive line, Houston
New York Giants: Devin White, Linebacker, LSU
Jacksonville Jaguars: Dwayne Haskins, Quarterback, Ohio State
Detroit Lions: Brian Burns, Edge, Florida State
Buffalo Bills: T.J. Hockenson, Tight end, Iowa
Denver Broncos: Drew Lock, Quarterback, Missouri

Best available after Bush selection:

Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State
Jawaan Taylor, Offensive tackle, Florida
Jonah Williams, Offensive tackle, Alabama
Clellin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson
Andre Dillard, Offensive tackle, Washington State
Rashan Gary, Edge, Michigan
Reply/Quote
Dane Bruglar's Draft guide. 7th overall, 3rd best Edge guy behind Bosa and Josh Allen.

3. MONTEZ SWEAT | Mississippi State 6056 | 260 lbs. | rSR. Stone Mountain, Ga. (Stephenson) 9/4/1996 (age 22.65) #9

BACKGROUND: A three-star tight end recruit out of high school, Shaquan Montez Sweat, who was raised by his grandparents, was a standout in football and basketball at Stephenson. Averaging 12.3 points and 8.1 rebounds as a senior, he also received college basketball offers. On the football field, Sweat was better known as a tight end who would occasionally rush the passer — he was considered a top-60 tight end recruit in the country. He initially committed to Vanderbilt before flipping to Michigan State (over Florida State) with the Spartans wanting to move him to defense full-time. Sweat played in two games in 2014 before taking a redshirt year. He was suspended most of 2015 for a violation of team rules and left the program the following spring (April 2016) for “personal reasons.” After one season at the JUCO level, Sweat was a highly sought-after recruit and committed to Mississippi State over LSU and Texas A&M. He accepted his invitation to the 2019 Senior Bowl.

YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT NOTES 2014: (2/0) 4 0.5 0.5 0 0 0 Michigan State; Redshirted 2015: (2/0) 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 Michigan State 2016: Copiah-Lincoln Community College 2017: (13/13) 48 15.5 10.5 0 0 0 Mississippi State; First Team All-SEC; Led SEC in sacks and tackles for loss 2018: (13/12) 53 14.0 11.5 1 0 0 Mississippi State; First Team All-American; First Team All-SEC Total: (30/25) 105 30.0 22.5 1 0 0

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP COMBINE 6056 260 35 3/4 10 1/2 84 3/4 4.41 2.57 1.54 36 10’05” 4.29 7.00 21 PRO DAY N/A (stood on Combine numbers; positional drills only)

STRENGTHS: NFL frame and length…light-footed out of his stance with long strides to quickly eat up grass…core flexibility to lean and maintain his balance…forceful long-arm and introduces various inside/outside moves to keep blockers guessing…improved run awareness and play identification…able to retrace and find the ball…efficient changing directions when tracking the run…comfortable on his feet, dropping in space and covering ground with his long strides…emotional player and not afraid to throw the first punch…effort sustains all four quarters…reached double-digit sacks in both of his seasons in the SEC.

WEAKNESSES: Lean-muscled and lacks ideal bulk on his limbs…questionable growth potential…stiff turning the corner and lacks bend at the top of his rush…needs to play stronger and develop bully tendencies to power through blocks…too often finds himself upfield past the quarterback…flashes pop, but initial hand work still in the development phase…plays tall and rigid once engaged…doesn’t have a great feel in coverage…mysteriously didn’t have any pass break ups in his career despite his length…background requires careful vetting after he spent the majority of his two-year tenure at Michigan State in the coach’s doghouse due to repeated issues …diagnosed with a heart condition at the Scouting Combine, which will require regular check-ups, though it is considered a “low-risk” condition.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Mississippi State, Sweat rushed from a two- and three-point stance as the field defensive end in the Bulldogs’ four-man front. Since the start of 2017, his 22 sacks are the second-most by any power-five FBS player during that span (Josh Allen), forming a dominant defensive line duo with Jeffery Simmons (they combined for 58.5 tackles for loss the last two seasons). Sweat wins with first step burst and humongous wingspan, although there is room for better efficiency in his pass rush sequence. Overall, Sweat has average play strength and some stiffness in his rush, but he maximizes his length, both his arms and strides, to consistently threaten blockers off the edge, projecting as an NFL starter in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

GRADE: 1st Round (#7 overall)
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know about the suspensions with Sweat, just the heart issue. I guess he could fall.

Definately gives me pause. They better do their homework on this guy before taking him.

Yeah, Lindstrom in the 2nd would be a good pick, Germaine Pratt or Long in the 3rd, Stidham in the 4th would be a nice Draft.

According to our new head coach,they are going after BPA TO make the team better,he said they were targeting players that immediately make the team BETTER.So the first pick will depend greatly on what happens Number 1 through 10 and that my friends will determine the pick at 11.And whoever they pick the man will start day one. Now I just want to see how long the moderaters leave my message on here as I can come back to this in a few minutes and they have already wiped me off.I just do not understand why as I would like an answer from them. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 02:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I saw this on Instagram and can’t seem to post the link. He is saying de at 11, looking sweat. Take it with a grain of salt

Well, DE is a big glaring hole on our defense. Lawson will need this year to recover from ACL.

In my opinion, it is the most critical need.

So, Gary or Sweat.
Reply/Quote

Well, DE is a big glaring hole on our defense. Lawson will need this year to recover from ACL.

In my opinion, it is the most critical need.
Reply/Quote
Per the NFL Network Sweat has a heart condition which was detected at the combine and he's no longer on some team's draft boards at all.

Of course, this will make Mike Brown think he's getting a bargain and he'll be all in on the pick.

Reply/Quote