Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham final prediction
If memory serves me correctly he called Kirkpatrick, Eifert and I think one other pick in the first in previous years.

Have we heard of what he thinks this year? He's usually on the money.

Reply/Quote
I haven't heard an official pick like I remember the last few years, but he did mention CB as a possibility and I think threw out Apple as a guy they like. I feel like he usually is involved in some writers mocks or something though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 03:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I haven't heard an official pick like I remember the last few years, but he did mention CB as a possibility and I think threw out Apple as a guy they like. I feel like he usually is involved in some writers mocks or something though

Thats what i heard. Make a lotta people not happy. If we go with a first round Corner i hope its Hargraeves or Jackson III.

Still, would much rather get Billings a pass rusher or one of the top 3 WR's.
Reply/Quote
Been pimping Will Fuller and Corey Coleman the most.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I've seen several people online say he has alluded to Coleman the most. I just don't think that will be the pick.

Reply/Quote
From what I heard him say, the Bengals will target a wr, d-lineman, or secondary guy.
As far as secondary, he does not distinguish between safety or corner, just that they'd like to add another athlete on the back line.
Reply/Quote
Lap nailed Zeitler, Eifert, Dennard, and Ogbuehi.

He hasn't narrowed himself to one player as of right now. He's mentioned Fuller and Coleman for WR, he said if a guy like Eli Apple falls to us that he should be the pick. He also said he wouldn't be upset if we took a DL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i heard. Make a lotta people not happy. If we go with a first round Corner i hope its Hargraeves or Jackson III.

Still, would much rather get Billings a pass rusher or one of the top 3 WR's.

Just a question for you..I have seen you hyping Billings several times...From what I read he is mainly projected as a 2nd rounder with a high ceiling because of his age (21)...  What do you see that the experts do not?  Usually the combine reports from NFL.com are pretty accurate...They have him as a 6.06 rating (could possibly become an NFL starter) and 2nd round

Again, just curious as why a first round grade from you?
Reply/Quote
At the beginning of the offseason he predicted that the Bengals were thinking safety in round 1.  At this point I think that he may have built his credibility up to the point where he can start throwing out smokescreens and people will think that it's legit.
Reply/Quote
I always think to myself never believe anything you hear from teams this time of year.  They are just throwing out false leads to muck up the scent of where they really want to go. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I always think to myself never believe anything you hear from teams this time of year.  They are just throwing out false leads to muck up the scent of where they really want to go. 

The Bengals tend to not be a strong smokescreen team.

However, some teams take advantage of the whole "everything is a lie" mentality and "leak" their true intentions. Other people don't believe them which leads to them getting the player they wanted from the get go.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:27 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Just a question for you..I have seen you hyping Billings several times...From what I read he is mainly projected as a 2nd rounder with a high ceiling because of his age (21)...  What do you see that the experts do not?  Usually the combine reports from NFL.com are pretty accurate...They have him as a 6.06 rating (could possibly become an NFL starter) and 2nd round

Again, just curious as why a first round grade from you?

I watched Billings quite a bit last year and he was quite honestly the most dominating player in every game i
watched. He reminded me of Geno Atkins and is even a better run stopper than Geno was early on. He can also
rush the passer better than any of our other DT's besides Geno. He throws interior OL around like rag dolls.

I don't know why NFL.com doesn't have him rated as high as i have him but i like him better than any other DT
in this class. But this is just my opinion. Check out the guy in Bfine's first round pick thread.

He jumps off the screen to me. A guy like this besides Atkins would be amazing IMHO.

I have heard the Redskins will most likely take him before us so i am not the only one who sees him as a 1st
rounder either. That isn't even late first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:21 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap nailed Zeitler, Eifert, Dennard, and Ogbuehi.

He hasn't narrowed himself to one player as of right now. He's mentioned Fuller and Coleman for WR, he said if a guy like Eli Apple falls to us that he should be the pick. He also said he wouldn't be upset if we took a DL.

Kirkpatrick was the first player I remember getting spot on. I know it isn't popular but a 1st round corner would not bother me one bit.

Reply/Quote
The thing with Lap is that he does numerous mock drafts and different answers every time.

The year we drafted Dennard he also stated the Bengals should take Lewan. I've also seen some mocks where he had us picking a DT last year. With changes here and there, obviously.

With that said, if he's talking about Apple and the Bengals take him, I'm going to be extremely upset with that decision.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 05:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The thing with Lap is that he does numerous mock drafts and different answers every time.

The year we drafted Dennard he also stated the Bengals should take Lewan. I've also seen some mocks where he had us picking a DT last year. With changes here and there, obviously.

With that said, if he's talking about Apple and the Bengals take him, I'm going to be extremely upset with that decision.

Lap gave us 3 names that Bengals fans weren't talking about until he brought them. \

He was the one who said that the Bengals would prefer Zeitler over DeCastro. Plenty of us thought it was just a smokescreen. Nope.

When Hobson did the media mock in 2013, plenty of us were hoping for player A or player B. Lap throws out Eifert and we pretty much went "HUH?" Low and behold Eifert was one of our top 3 targets.

Last year, on draft day he said don't be surprised when Cedric Ogbuehi is the pick. Some tried to say that it was smokescreen. The other group of us basically accepted that it would be fact. Damned if it wasn't.

That's why a lot of people pay attention to Lap. I don't really see too mocks from him. It's usually 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 05:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The thing with Lap is that he does numerous mock drafts and different answers every time.

Most recent talk was about Eli Apple from here so it could certainly happen with Laphams track record. Lap and Collinsworth who just this year started doing mocks have both talked about Will Fuller which is another guy I would hate. At this point I Am rooting for Corey Coleman out of the people he has mentioned through the process. Coleman is very shifty and has great speed and would fit in perfect with the bigger guys of Green, LaFell, and Eifert.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I watched Billings quite a bit last year and he was quite honestly the most dominating player in every game i
watched. He reminded me of Geno Atkins and is even a better run stopper than Geno was early on. He can also
rush the passer better than any of our other DT's besides Geno. He throws interior OL around like rag dolls.

I don't know why NFL.com doesn't have him rated as high as i have him but i like him better than any other DT
in this class. But this is just my opinion. Check out the guy in Bfine's first round pick thread.

He jumps off the screen to me. A guy like this besides Atkins would be amazing IMHO.

I have heard the Redskins will most likely take him before us so i am not the only one who sees him as a 1st
rounder either. That isn't even late first round.

For years now everyone was hyping Oakman, and I never saw much out of him that impressed me (as a first rounder like he was being talked about) but every time i watched for him my eye was always drawn to Billings. He was the real play maker on that line, and was huge for that defense making the jump from joke to decent. He should also get way more credit than his stats give him, he's the guy that was always affecting the play even if he didn't get to make the tackle or sack.

He definitely has work to do, but i see him as a perfect fit next to geno long term. He can get into the backfield and stop the run. Seems like a smart and decent character kid as well. Has good strength and his size should allow him to get good leverage. 

He's could be the well rounded DT to pair with Geno that we've all wanted for quite some time now. And if Geno went down again our line might still stand a chance with Billings there. I think he'd be a nice piece of the rotation in year one, and then be ready to take over for Peko as starter next season and really take off. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 05:34 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Most recent talk was about Eli Apple from here so it could certainly happen with Laphams track record. Lap and Collinsworth who just this year started doing mocks have both talked about Will Fuller which is another guy I would hate. At this point I Am rooting for Corey Coleman out of the people he has mentioned through the process. Coleman is very shifty and has great speed and would fit in perfect with the bigger guys of Green, LaFell, and Eifert.

Collinsworth has been all up ND nuts since his kid went there
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 06:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Collinsworth has been all up ND nuts since his kid went there

Very true
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 05:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: For years now everyone was hyping Oakman, and I never saw much out of him that impressed me (as a first rounder like he was being talked about) but every time i watched for him my eye was always drawn to Billings. He was the real play maker on that line, and was huge for that defense making the jump from joke to decent. He should also get way more credit than his stats give him, he's the guy that was always affecting the play even if he didn't get to make the tackle or sack.

He definitely has work to do, but i see him as a perfect fit next to geno long term. He can get into the backfield and stop the run. Seems like a smart and decent character kid as well. Has good strength and his size should allow him to get good leverage. 

He's could be the well rounded DT to pair with Geno that we've all wanted for quite some time now. And if Geno went down again our line might still stand a chance with Billings there. I think he'd be a nice piece of the rotation in year one, and then be ready to take over for Peko as starter next season and really take off. 

Exactly, that is why i even started watching Baylor on Defense was cause of all the hype Oakman got.

The dude in the middle was the man, without question.
Reply/Quote