Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham final prediction
mmm...from what I hear of Fuller I'd rather do DL/CB/LB rather than reach for him. That's assuming doctson,colemans and treadwell are gone
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:07 AM)Nizoj Wrote: I didn't realize Lap picked Dennard and Ced. Is this true? Nobody thought Dennard would be there for us and Ced was a big surprise. I know he nailed Eifert and Dre was one of the more common picks for us that year.

Pretty sure he talked about all of them. He also had Zeitler over Decastro in that same draft with Dre and knew that we would go with Ogbuehi or Fisher in the 1st and we actually ended up taking both. I am not 100% sure on the Dennard one from memory alone but it sounds like Dan Hoard was giving him credit for it also.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect this. The drops issue made me think he'd fallen off our radar, but if Lapham is right (again) then Duke Tobin & Co. must see the drops issue as fixable.

On the other hand, Lap's pick is based on the assumption that Treadwell, Doctson and Coleman will be gone by 24. We can't be sure that will be the case, but I do think these rumors of us trying to move up are pure BS. That's just not something we do. If Fuller's the guy, he'll be exciting to watch. He's electric with the ball in his hands. We'll just have to learn to take the good with the bad.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am surprised the Bengals did not meet with Fuller.  Maybe they did and just was not reported?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:07 AM)Nizoj Wrote: I didn't realize Lap picked Dennard and Ced. Is this true? Nobody thought Dennard would be there for us and Ced was a big surprise. I know he nailed Eifert and Dre was one of the more common picks for us that year.

He kind of predicted Dennard. Lap was pretty much going with Bradley Roby. The reason behind taking him was because he didn't think Dennard would be available. When someone mentioned what should the Bengals do if Dennard is available, he suggested that they run up to the stage with the card.

As for Lap's predictions. Hoard kind of tipped at how they're on top of it. They get to go into the draft room early on and look at the board before small tweaks are applied. That doesn't take away from Lap's analysis because he hit Zeitler and Eifert early on.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:20 PM)CoreyK Wrote: I am surprised the Bengals did not meet with Fuller.  Maybe they did and just was not reported?

They may have been able to keep the visit quiet. Some teams don't bring in all of the first round picks that they could select. They talk with them at the combine or pro days and just keep it like that. I remember that the Bengals kept Gresham's visit quiet back in 2010.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Billings is the best pure NT in draft. Period.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Billings is the best pure NT in draft. Period.

I would be ok with this pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Billings is the best pure NT in draft. Period.

I know PIT is high on Billings too. It would be absolutely awesome if we could pick him just ahead of them again....lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: I know PIT is high on Billings too. It would be absolutely awesome if we could pick him just ahead of them again....lol.

That would make my year!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote