Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's 1st Round Prediction
Lap made is 1st round prediction on the Bengals Booth Podcast with Dan Hoard.

He made all the caveats that they may not be there at 28, but his pick was Emmanuel Forbes. If Forbes isn't there, his prediction is Lukas Van Ness. Hoard's pick is Kelee Ringo.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 07:17 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Lap made is 1st round prediction on the Bengals Booth Podcast with Dan Hoard.

He made all the caveats that they may not be there at 28, but his pick was Emmanuel Forbes. If Forbes isn't there, his prediction is Lukas Van Ness. Hoard's pick is Kelee Ringo.

Forbes is reported to have good play recognition and would seem to fit Lou's mad scientist defense plans. I'm concerned that Ringo may be a reach, but he does have good height for CB and if Lou feels that he would be important to his defensive plans, then it sounds good to me. Van Ness might prove very valuable against these mobile AFC North QBs. I don't understand how he never started a game for Hawkeyes, but is clearly projected as first round talent, if not the top half of the first round.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense to go CB, I don’t think there is going to be a starting caliber CB in the second unless they want to gamble on the Utah CB to be there. Would rather have Ringo.
Reply/Quote
Bengals Secondary/Safeties coach Livingston was the one running the DB drills at the Georgia pro day as well. Got a very good look at Ringo and Christopher Smith,

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I'd be on board with this. We could use the depth and another potential starting corner on a rookie deal to save cap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 08:23 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Makes sense to go CB, I don’t think there is going to be a starting caliber CB in the second unless they want to gamble on the Utah CB to be there. Would rather have Ringo.

Julius Brents is definitely starting calibur and he has a 2nd round grade.
Reply/Quote
Makes some sense. Ilike Forbes a lot and think he has some potential to add some size to his slight frame. I'd say Banks or Forbes are the 2 players I feel are most likely to be the pick, unless someone they can't refuse just drops like a rock.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:48 PM)pulses Wrote: Julius Brents is definitely starting calibur and he has a 2nd round grade.

Idk if Turner is starting caliber, but I wouldn't be pissed if they got him in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:23 PM)samhain Wrote: Idk if Turner is starting caliber, but I wouldn't be pissed if they got him in the 2nd.

Turner would be nice as well.
Reply/Quote
Forbes is a playmaker, which is something our Defense lacks. Has good speed, height, and length. His only real issue is size, which a NFL training regimen should be able to fix.
Reply/Quote
If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!! If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!!  If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!
Really?  Leon Hall...Jonathon. Joseph....Darwuez Dennard...the Bengals have drafted very well over the years with CBs on general.  You must be a young fan.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!! If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!

Why? It’s all about BPA at 28 and Forbes gives the defense something they really haven’t had, aggressiveness and play recognition resulting in interceptions. Forbes would be a great selection. They aren’t drafting WJax types
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!!  If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!

I don't get the logic behind this post.  We don't have any HUGE needs on this team right now.  IF the draft shakes out like most of the mocks that have been out there, almost every OT and Edge worth taking will be off the board.  TE isn't a major need and even if it is - theres a good chance that Kincaid and Mayer are gone.

So - what do you want them to do?

We have Awuzie coming off an injury and CTB on the outside.  That's it.  If one of them is hurt for a stretch, we have some issues.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:18 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't get the logic behind this post.  We don't have any HUGE needs on this team right now.  IF the draft shakes out like most of the mocks that have been out there, almost every OT and Edge worth taking will be off the board.  TE isn't a major need and even if it is - theres a good chance that Kincaid and Mayer are gone.

So - what do you want them to do?

We have Awuzie coming off an injury and CTB on the outside.  That's it.  If one of them is hurt for a stretch, we have some issues.
Agreed, plus the AFC is loaded at the QB position.  You want to be loaded at DB especially in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I am not wanting a CB in round one but I wouldn’t be mad if they think that’s the best player left.
Would be interesting if they did go with a defensive back in the first round after going S and CB in the first two rounds last year.
Reply/Quote
I worry for Emanuel Forbes when having to defend the run, and George Pickens is going right for him

He’s dirty and his calling card is hitting hard when run blocking

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The closer we get I am definitely getting the Forbes vibe. Like nearly 100% sure that's the pick if he's there. Too much smoke for months that they love him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd be disappointed in Ringo. Hugely. I think he could be there at #60. He's a traits guy. I want guys at #28 who have good traits AND produce.

I'd be thrilled with Forbes. Or Van Ness.

For me, our biggest needs:

1) Get a starting caliber TE, block & catch
2) Get more explosive on offense (RB, WR, TE)
3) Playmaking CB, lockdown type
4) Improve the pass rush, inside needs help more than outside.
5) Settle RT long term
6) Upgrade punter

At #28 (not necessarily in this order, but guys whi fit the bill)
1) Mayer
2) Robinson, Smith-Njigba, Flowers, Kincaid
3) Witherspooon, Gonzalez, Porter, Forbes, Banks
4) Inside: Carter, Kancey; Edge: Anderson, Wilson, Van Ness, Murphy, N. Smith
5) Skoronski, Johnson, B. Jones, Wright

I am basically running to the podium if any one of these guys are there. If it gets to the 20s and some are still there, I may even think trade up (Kancey, Wright, Forbes, Robinson).

Beyond those guys? Trade down territory or reach a little. My top 3: Gibbs, White, Washington.

1) Washington
2) Gibbs
3) Brents, Smith, Ringo
4) Bresee, Adebewore, White
5) Harrison
6) Go another direction: Branch, Avila
Reply/Quote
I can see why some don’t like Ringo - but I wouldn’t say he gets burned. At a minimum he is going to dominate as a CB2 with playmaker traits. Reminds me of a faster Patrick Surtain jr. who is considered a good nfl player.

Forbes could be really interesting though, just not as high of floor.
Reply/Quote