Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's top 3 presents for Bengals
Lap gives his thoughts on the top 3 things that need to be fixed / added this offseason:

1) Offensive Line (especially tackle)
2) Multiple Linebackers
3) Another Defensive Tackle
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap gives his thoughts on the top 3 things that need to be fixed / added this offseason:

2) Multiple Linebackers

Any list other than:
1) A new owner
2) A GM
3) A new HC
is inaccurate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty much what most of us have been saying.

My #1 gift would be a new HC and staff though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually if speaking in terms of the roster his list is not that bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Any list other than:
1) A new owner
2) A GM
3) A new HC
is inaccurate.

Ha, I agree...but that's not going to happen, so I think Lap is just trying to keep it real with these 3 'presents'.

I mean, he already gave us one lump of coal in our stockings by saying he thinks it'll be the combo of Marvin, Hue and Vance leading the charge next year.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Any list other than:
1) A new owner
2) A GM
3) A new HC
is inaccurate.

No reason talking about those things cause they’re not going to happen. I’d say he’s spot on on his top 3.

Another TE is up there too.

Reply/Quote
A Tight End would be nice since only Schreck is under contract...and honestly the ones they have now aren't anything special.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap gives his thoughts on the top 3 things that need to be fixed / added this offseason:

2) Multiple Linebackers

It wouldn't surprise me to see Rashan Gary on the Bengals' radar. He could play DE in base package and swing inside on passing downs. This is a role the Bengals have favored through all of Marvin's tenure, and there really hasn't been much success in that role in quite some time. This role would get significant snaps. I don't think Hubbard does well rushing from inside, so I think he needs to stay full-time outside. 

But I could also see the Bengals waiting until Day 2 to get a new DT given the glut of talent at the top.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking a big NT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree with Lap, because the obvious changes that need to happen first and foremost most likely won't.

Oline is an obvious one, same with linebackers. And to get their money's worth out of Geno for the next few years, getting a big ole solid nose tackle makes sense as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm thinking a big NT.

Dexter Lawrence’s stock might be dropping after that positive PED test, he would be a good 2nd round NT.
Reply/Quote

2) Multiple Linebackers

1.) New coaching staff that have balls
2.) New LB corps that have balls
3.) New Offensive Line that have balls
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) New coaching staff that have balls

Pretty much this.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:29 PM)Synric Wrote: A Tight End would be nice since only Schreck is under contract...and honestly the ones they have now aren't anything special.

Uzomah is a decent TE2.  That's about it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think we’re desperate for a lock down Corner. Hopefully WJIII becomes that but I’d like to see him playing with a vet LDC.

I don’t disagree with Lap though, just that a top flight corner is more pressing than another DT, imo.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) New coaching staff that have balls

Ida know...it takes balls for Marvin and Hue and Mike Brown to smugly stay their failed course and tell us we are going to keep watching.  This organization has some brass balls, if you ask me 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...it takes balls for Marvin and Hue and Mike Brown to smugly stay their failed course and tell us we are going to keep watching.  This organization has some brass balls, if you ask me 

I was thinking the same thing lol we could use a coaching staff with brains though, that’d be nice for a change.
Reply/Quote
Tight End and Edge Rusher are way ahead of defensive Tackle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
All of this is meaningless without a new HC.

Okay, maybe an offensive line. Big uglies win football.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Nothing, and I mean nothing, can help this organizations future as long as the 3 stooges are in command. Good Lord MB, ML and HJ, be football smart for once and look from the outside in for once. Then, just get out for respect of the game once you are able to comprehend the humiliation you have caused the fans and the city of Cincinnati, not to mention the legacy of Paul.

TBH, I think MB must have hated his father and this is his way of paying him back. Stupid coward!

Reply/Quote