Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham talks draft!!
Watching this video i hope we don't take McGlinchey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzlVP2N-Xs
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 09:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: Really? Because he gave up 15 pressures total last year including 2 sacks and only 8 hits on over 500 pass block snaps. He actually had one of the best statistical years of any tackle in the draft and that was with Rosen who isn't a real runner. 

that stat makes no sense to me because if you watch tape you will see he was always the one to give up pressure.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice job finding that quote man lol

At the time all i had was my own judgment from a game or two and they must of just been his bad ones.

You look at the stats and he was tons better overall than i thought especially in not giving up sacks.

He only gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits and 15 pressures as Au165 shown.

Still like McGlinchey more as i said, would rather us trade down if we want Miller.

Want Ragnow more than anyone by far in this Draft though, want Ragnow at 21. Don't like that the Panthers
brought in Ragnow and pick right behind us in the first. If they Draft Ragnow i will be pissed man. Seriously
believe that even if they do not pick Ragnow at 24 they will trade up in the 2nd ahead of us and take him.

I am a big fan of all 3 of the top Centers including Ragnow. If we screw around and hope one falls until 46 and they are all off the board this draft will be a failure regardless because you can't go into the season with a Rookie that is not ready to start or TJ Johnson and really expect us to see a majorly improved line, especially if they pick Miller in the 1st. I just don't see him as a starter right off the bat and with the emphasis on us wanting to get back to being a run first team with Mixon and Gio I don't know why we would a guy like Miller that is best as a pass protector playing Right Tackle for us. Always respect your opinions but I am just crossing my fingers that we don't end up with Miller if guys like Wynn, Ragnow, Hernandez, or Rashaan Evans are still on the board when we pick.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:50 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I am a big fan of all 3 of the top Centers including Ragnow. If we screw around and hope one falls until 46 and they are all off the board this draft will be a failure regardless because you can't go into the season with a Rookie that is not ready to start or TJ Johnson and really expect us to see a majorly improved line, especially if they pick Miller in the 1st. I just don't see him as a starter right off the bat and with the emphasis on us wanting to get back to being a run first team with Mixon and Gio I don't know why we would a guy like Miller that is best as a pass protector playing Right Tackle for us. Always respect your opinions but I am just crossing my fingers that we don't end up with Miller if guys like Wynn, Ragnow, Hernandez, or Rashaan Evans are still on the board when we pick.

I agree with everything you said man and i don't think we will pick Miller anyways cause as you said, he is
purely a pass protector at this point and not a run blocker. He also doesn't have much bend which is a big
deal as this leads to less likely hood of the man improving in run blocking.

I think it will be McGlinchey or Ragnow at 21 the closer we get to the Draft and i want Ragnow. Multiple
year starter in the SEC, smart and nasty with a blue collar attitude. Just sounds like a Pollack pick to me.

Pollack wants the next Travis Frederick, i bet Ragnow is that guy in his eyes. Beilema (spelling) coached
both these guys and said Ragnow is the best he ever coached. This always stands out to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with everything you said man and i don't think we will pick Miller anyways cause as you said, he is
purely a pass protector at this point and not a run blocker. He also doesn't have much bend which is a big
deal as this leads to less likely hood of the man improving in run blocking.

I think it will be McGlinchey or Ragnow at 21 the closer we get to the Draft and i want Ragnow. Multiple
year starter in the SEC, smart and nasty with a blue collar attitude. Just sounds like a Pollack pick to me.

Pollack wants the next Travis Frederick, i bet Ragnow is that guy in his eyes. Beilema (spelling) coached
both these guys and said Ragnow is the best he ever coached. This always stands out to me.

McGlinchey or Ragnow works for me...here is something I just saw on twitter from a former Offensive Lineman. Doesn't have the video but talks about even as a pass blocker he has concerns with him.

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz

Geoff Schwartz Retweeted Brandon Thorn
For those asking what a false step is and how it can screw your pass set, here is video on Kolton Miller. You false step in the league, and you allow sacks. He can fix this, but it’s tough and it would worry me to draft him when McGlinchey is on the board still

ALSO....there is buzz Miller could be the first Offensive Tackle off the board. If that means someone drafts him before the Bengals pick at #21 I will be THRILLED!
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:35 PM)likwit19 Wrote: Watching this video i hope we don't take McGlinchey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzlVP2N-Xs

There is a reason Chubb is considered the best defensive player in the draft.

Hint. Its because he is really good.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:08 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: McGlinchey or Ragnow works for me...here is something I just saw on twitter from a former Offensive Lineman. Doesn't have the video but talks about even as a pass blocker he has concerns with him.

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz

Geoff Schwartz Retweeted Brandon Thorn
For those asking what a false step is and how it can screw your pass set, here is video on Kolton Miller. You false step in the league, and you allow sacks. He can fix this, but it’s tough and it would worry me to draft him when McGlinchey is on the board still

ALSO....there is buzz Miller could be the first Offensive Tackle off the board. If that means someone drafts him before the Bengals pick at #21 I will be THRILLED!

Sure hope so and this is just a smokescreen from Lap. Just doesn't make sense us taking Miller at 21.

Would rather have Isiaah Wynn, Tyrell Crosby, Orlando Brown, Alex Cappa, Casey Tucker all before Miller.

Connor Williams is the guy i would be terrified if we take him, that is the guy that reminds me of Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: that stat makes no sense to me because if you watch tape you will see he was always the one to give up pressure.  

It's a pretty well reported stat PFF provided earlier this year. They use the same standards for apply pressures allowed across the board so it seems like a fair metric to compare each OT. In comparison McGlinchey allowed 10 pressures on 120 less snaps.
Reply/Quote
Side note I posted in another thread.

@JasonLaCanfora: "I continue to hear from evaluators and offensive line coaches I most trust that [Kolton] Miller, and not Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey, is the best tackle in the draft."
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's a pretty well reported stat PFF provided earlier this year. They use the same standards for apply pressures allowed across the board so it seems like a fair metric to compare each OT. In comparison McGlinchey allowed 10 pressures on 120 less snaps.

Would you agree that it seems Miller would be more of a LT than a RT looking at his play?

This is what i am seeing. Perfect LT for a passing Offense, not a running Offense at RT.

Kolton Miller fits the Pats perfectly to me. McGlinchey is a better run blocker, so is Tyrell Crosby, Orlando
Brown and Alex Cappa. Add Wynn in here as well who i think will be much better than Miller in the NFL at
RT if he had to play there.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would you agree that it seems Miller would be more of a LT than a RT looking at his play?

This is what i am seeing. Perfect LT for a passing Offense, not a running Offense at RT.

Kolton Miller fits the Pats perfectly to me. McGlinchey is a better run blocker, so is Tyrell Crosby, Orlando
Brown and Alex Cappa. Add Wynn in here as well who i think will be much better than Miller in the NFL at
RT if he had to play there.

It's interchangeable anymore everyone has to be able to pass and run block. The idea of the LT having to be better at pass blocking and RT at run blocking is now a relic that still remains for some weird reason. Defenses have taken note and started moving their best rushers over to RT on passing downs. Defensive coordinators are more creative today and they are going to exploit you any way they can.
Reply/Quote
Side note if we are going tackle I'd go for Wynn because of the Guard/Tackle Versatility he provides.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 03:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's interchangeable anymore everyone has to be able to pass and run block. The idea of the LT having to be better at pass blocking and RT at run blocking is now a relic that still remains for some weird reason. Defenses have taken note and started moving their best rushers over to RT on passing downs. Defensive coordinators are more creative today and they are going to exploit you any way they can.

True, still would rather have an OT that is good at both myself and even though McGlinchey has struggled
with elite pass rushers i think he would be better for us cause he can do both well.

(04-20-2018, 03:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Side note if we are going tackle I'd go for Wynn because of the Guard/Tackle Versatility he provides.

Honestly so would i. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is a reason Chubb is considered the best defensive player in the draft.

Hint. Its because he is really good.

Theres also a reason why McGlinchey isnt the consensus surefire left tackle prospect - because he struggled against better competition.
Reply/Quote
Buckle up the pick will be Kolton miller or Dallas Goedert. Bet ur money u heard it here first.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:53 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Buckle up the pick will be Kolton miller or Dallas Goedert.  Bet ur money u heard it here first.

Is this a thought that popped into your head or one that was planted there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: Is this a thought that popped into your head or one that was planted there?

MY sources have me convinced.
Reply/Quote
I predicted that Miller would be the first offense tackle taken in the draft but I don't think it will be by the Cincinnati Bengals.

They just sign Tyler eifert to another year so I don't think they would draft a tight end in the first round.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 02:33 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: MY sources have me convinced.

The very thought of that happening makes me wanna throw something at something.  How reliable are these sources?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
im telling you guys Miller is legit terrible the guy had a great combine but when you watch tape he's not a great tackle. I dunno where all this hype came from because hes not even in my top 20 offensive line this year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote