Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham talks draft!!
(04-21-2018, 04:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: im telling you guys Miller is legit terrible the guy had a great combine but when you watch tape he's not a great tackle.  I dunno where all this hype came from because hes not even in my top 20 offensive line this year.

I definately like a lot of Tackles like McG, Crosby, Orlando, Cappa, Jimarco and even Centers and Guards
like Ragnow and Wynn better to play RT. This is a smokescreen from the Lap, we aren't giving up on Fisher
so quick either, even McGlinchey would have to beat out Fisher who has atleast shown flashes and can play
nasty. With the A-fib behind him who knows how good Fisher could get under Pollack.

Like Bfine said in JN Doug Free was garbage at RT before Pollack got ahold of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 04:30 PM)McC Wrote: The very thought of that happening makes me wanna throw something at something.  How reliable are these sources?

Reliable and I would be pissed too but it’s either one of those 2 at 21.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 02:33 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: MY sources have me convinced.

Those of us that have been members of the boards forever have seen the "my sources" line a time or two.  People like to buy in, hoping that it could be an actual connection to the team, others are hopeful because whatever the "source" is predicting agrees with what they would like to see happen.

While your "source" might be predicting Tackle at 21, I can logically reason that, if say McGlinchey were there.  If it's Kolton Miller?  That would be a colossal reach of Cedric Ogbuehi proportions.  (at least in my opinion)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:35 PM)likwit19 Wrote: Watching this video i hope we don't take McGlinchey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzlVP2N-Xs

To be fair, that was in the pouring rain where there were no footholds... But he's a good rt.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those of us that have been members of the boards forever have seen the "my sources" line a time or two.  People like to buy in, hoping that it could be an actual connection to the team, others are hopeful because whatever the "source" is predicting agrees with what they would like to see happen.

While your "source" might be predicting Tackle at 21, I can logically reason that, if say McGlinchey were there.  If it's Kolton Miller?  That would be a colossal reach of Cedric Ogbuehi proportions.  (at least in my opinion)

this is under the assumption that most everyone have that McGlinchey will not be there at 21.  the pick will be either Miller or Goedert,
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 10:06 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: this is under the assumption that most everyone have that McGlinchey will not be there at 21.  the pick will be either Miller or Goedert,

I have trouble believing that, for a variety of reasons, but if you say so..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 10:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have trouble believing that, for a variety of reasons, but if you say so..

its not my ideal choice as a fan either....however im rarely wowed on day 1 by the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those of us that have been members of the boards forever have seen the "my sources" line a time or two.  People like to buy in, hoping that it could be an actual connection to the team, others are hopeful because whatever the "source" is predicting agrees with what they would like to see happen.

Your opinion is shared. Just signed Eifert to another one year deal and the coaches love Kroft.

So, doubt Goedert. Pollack or Austin will get their picks early.

Fisher is evidently ready to go and over the A-fib and has shown he can play decent when healthy and is young
and talented. Doubt Miller would even beat out Fisher. Pollack could do something with Fisher and a 2nd to 4th
round Tackle. Don't need a pure pass protector like Miller who is not even that good at pass blocking and has no
bend.

Ragnow or Wynn seem like the logical picks leading up to Draft day and i will listen to Lap, Jim O, Jason La Canfora
and SHRacer's
sources over this nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Your opinion is shared. Just signed Eifert to another one year deal and the coaches love Kroft.

So, doubt Goedert. Pollack or Austin will get their picks early.

Fisher is evidently ready to go and over the A-fib and has shown he can play decent when healthy and is young
and talented. Doubt Miller would even beat out Fisher. Pollack could do something with Fisher and a 2nd to 4th
round Tackle. Don't need a pure pass protector like Miller who is not even that good at pass blocking and has no
bend.

Ragnow or Wynn seem like the logical picks leading up to Draft day and i will listen to Lap, Jim O, Jason La Canfora
and SHRacer's
sources over this nonsense.

That's right, Nate.  If you pay attention around here long enough, we all learn who to trust, and who to ignore when it comes to Bengal info.

On another note, remember when "Brian Patteronia" had everyone on the edge of their seats for a couple months?   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So we would draft another guy who's athletic but can't block well?

Sure, I think Pollak would do better with him than Paul did with either of our recent our round tackles, he doesn't really offer a solid addition.

The Bengals lack interior offensive lineman. Sure, there's depth with that position. But would you rather draft someone like Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Daniels, or Ragnow (no idea if they'll all be there) and roll with Fisher/Ogbuehi at the RT worst case scenario. Or draft Miller and then maybe draft two guys later who could very well be gone due to them being good.

There's risks in the NFL, but I would rather draft someone like Cappa in a later round than Miller in the 1st
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, Nate.  If you pay attention around here long enough, we all learn who to trust, and who to ignore when it comes to Bengal info.

On another note, remember when "Brian Patteronia" had everyone on the edge of their seats for a couple months?   LOL

I forgot about Patteronia. What was he saying again?

(04-22-2018, 04:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So we would draft another guy who's athletic but can't block well?

Sure, I think Pollak would do better with him than Paul did with either of our recent our round tackles, he doesn't really offer a solid addition.

The Bengals lack interior offensive lineman. Sure, there's depth with that position. But would you rather draft someone like Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Daniels, or Ragnow (no idea if they'll all be there) and roll with Fisher/Ogbuehi at the RT worst case scenario. Or draft Miller and then maybe draft two guys later who could very well be gone due to them being good.

There's risks in the NFL, but I would rather draft someone like Cappa in a later round than Miller in the 1st

Damn rights Wolf. Would much rather we grab a Center at 21 and one of the OT's like Cappa, Crosby, Okorafor,
Orlando Brown, Jimarco Jones, etc later. Miller is honestly not better than any of these guys, this has to be a
smokescreen from Lap. Doesn't coincide with anything Pollack has been talkin about.

Center is the obvious hole where we have nobody but maybe Westerman if he can learn the position. TJ Johnson
is not a starter at Center in the NFL, neither is Hopkins. Fisher on the other hand may be at RT.
Reply/Quote
Listened to Lapham on James Rapiens podcast. His dream scenario is still McGlinchey but said any of the top 3 Centers would be good picks as well. Obviously if someone like Derwin James were to drop he thinks they would take him. No mention of Kolton Miller and said if McGlinchey is off the board he would like to see them take Billy Price at 21 but doesn’t know how Pollak has the 3 Centers ranked. Similar to his thoughts it seems from last week but just wanted to pass along.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 06:20 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Listened to Lapham on James Rapiens podcast. His dream scenario is still McGlinchey but said any of the top 3 Centers would be good picks  as well. Obviously if someone like Derwin James were to drop he thinks they would take him. No mention of Kolton Miller and said if McGlinchey is off the board he would like to see them take Billy Price at 21 but doesn’t know how Pollak has the 3 Centers ranked. Similar to his thoughts it seems from last week but just wanted to pass along.

Thanks man, sounds like i thought. Miller was a smokescreen.

This will be Pollack's pick and i love it. Grab who you want Frank, i bet it is the other Frank.

That is, unless like a Derwin James/Quenton Nelson/Trumaine Edmunds type talent falls.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 06:20 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Listened to Lapham on James Rapiens podcast. His dream scenario is still McGlinchey but said any of the top 3 Centers would be good picks  as well. Obviously if someone like Derwin James were to drop he thinks they would take him. No mention of Kolton Miller and said if McGlinchey is off the board he would like to see them take Billy Price at 21 but doesn’t know how Pollak has the 3 Centers ranked. Similar to his thoughts it seems from last week but just wanted to pass along.

Glad to see the "no mention of Kolton Miller".  Hearing his name at 21 would have put a major buzzkill on the rest of the draft for me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
SOOOoo glad of no mention of Kolton miller.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:23 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: SOOOoo glad of no mention of Kolton miller.

Yeah i think your prediction will be wrong and you will be a HappyFaceBengal come the Draft man. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I'll say this--I will be paying a lot more attention to where Kolton Miller goes now than I would have a week ago.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:03 PM)McC Wrote: I'll say this--I will be paying a lot more attention to where Kolton Miller goes now than I would have a week ago.

I am betting once everyone gets over the unmerited hype he will go later than he has been projected.

His bend is not there and he is not a good run blocker. He needs to go to a pass first Offense and there
are only so many of them. We definately are not one. I am expecting Ragnow, Wynn, Hernandez or McG
Thursday night unless some crazy talent falls.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:53 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Buckle up the pick will be Kolton miller or Dallas Goedert. Bet ur money u heard it here first.

Dallas would be a stretch in the first. Wouldn’t be pissed about it in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Goedert has rare skills as a receiver but not a balanced TE. Still, I like him in round two if the Bengals can trade back into the 2nd round. I think Andrews would work in round 3 if there.

Bengals have so many holes elsewhere. If they draft a TE at 21 with needs at center/RT/safety...it would be a downer. If they draft a WR or CB at 21, the pick would be a buzzkill for the rest of the draft .
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote