Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham thinks Bengals should trade McCarron
Quote:I also think he's a bit overrated by Bengals fans.
Absolutely overrated, but so is the ability to make trades. There seems to be quite a few people who for whatever reason think that there is an unlimited number of other teams just ready and willing to accept trades that make great sense for us and zero sense for them. AS IF there should be 31 teams just dying to trade all their #1 picks from now till the end of time for Nugent.. Well, far be it from me to suggest that nobody should want to make that trade happen. Oh wait..we'd have to sign him all over again first. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:19 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He's a free agent at the end of next season so I would even take a 3rd round pick for him.  No point in letting him walk next year and get nothing for him ,plus we have a ton of holes on this roster to fill. If they don't trade him keeping Driskel this season made no sense.  His value was at its highest last season don't see any way a team gives up a 1st round pick for him.  I also think he's a bit overrated by Bengals fans.

He's Restricted so the Bengals can tender him and get compensation if someone else signs him.
Reply/Quote
I feel the hate coming already - I say resign Big Mac relatively cheap - then Trade Dalton for a ton! Big Mac with a young receiver core and AJ I think would work out.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:46 PM)BengalD Wrote: I feel the hate coming already - I say resign Big Mac relatively cheap - then Trade Dalton for a ton! Big Mac with a young receiver core and AJ I think would work out.

Yeah this seems like a great way to help crap away the future.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah this seems like a great way to help crap away the future.

Sure does.
Reply/Quote
Duh !

Of course he should be traded and would be very happy with a 2nd round pick personally.

Seek more but take what you can get for him at this point.

If we turned down a 2nd and a 4th then this helps explain why we have sucked for this many years.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Duh !

Of course he should be traded and would be very happy with a 2nd round pick personally.

Seek more but take what you can get for him at this point.

If we turned down a 2nd and a 4th then this helps explain why we have sucked for this many years.

A 2nd and 4th would be great value for McCarron. Honestly i would take just a 4th rounder for him.

He was drafted in the 5th round afterall. So this would even be some value.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals blew their opportunity to trade McCarron to the Vikings (the team who likely tried). That trade offer won't happen again. I just don't see us getting a significant offer for him.

Vikings did not come after McCarron because he is not what Norv Turner wants in a QB....
Reply/Quote
Zimmer runs the show not Turner. Heck Turner quit on them with the QB I guess you say he chose. Zimmer came to them and they weren't prepared to trade McCarron. That's why they up and claimed a 3rd string qb and kept him on the roster for the first time in 7 years. They never planned to trade McCarron and they were caught flat footed when Zimmer came to them. Hence, they think they are better prepared now that they have "groomed" AJ's replacement.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zimmer runs the show not Turner. Heck Turner quit on them with the QB I guess you say he chose. Zimmer came to them and they weren't prepared to trade McCarron. That's why they up and claimed a 3rd string qb and kept him on the roster for the first time in 7 years. They never planned to trade McCarron and they were caught flat footed when Zimmer came to them. Hence, they think they are better prepared now that they have "groomed" AJ's replacement.

This does make sense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Lap thinks they should. Most of us here think they should. Therefore, they will not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:36 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Takes two to tango.

Yes, but it only takes one to frug.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:59 PM)McC Wrote: Lap thinks they should.  Most of us here think they should.  Therefore, they will not.

Sad but true-metallica
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:19 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He's a free agent at the end of next season so I would even take a 3rd round pick for him.  No point in letting him walk next year and get nothing for him ,plus we have a ton of holes on this roster to fill. If they don't trade him keeping Driskel this season made no sense.  His value was at its highest last season don't see any way a team gives up a 1st round pick for him.  I also think he's a bit overrated by Bengals fans.

Thus far, the biggest understatement of 2017. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sooooo they didn't take a 2nd and 4th..... Sounds about right for this franchise.
That call should've went ...Team: Alright Mike I'll offer you a 2nd an....
Mike Brown: YES!

But no...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is the team smart enough to take a 2nd and 4th for mccarron? God I hope so...

Do it in a heart beat.  Go after Mike Williams in 1st.  Get best center with 1st 2nd.  Get DE and an LB in 3rd (comp pick).  Get OT/OG in 4th to compete for PT, along with best CB/S with other 4th pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:42 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Do it in a heart beat.  Go after Mike Williams in 1st.  Get best center with 1st 2nd.  Get DE and an LB in 3rd (comp pick).  Get OT/OG in 4th to compete for PT, along with best CB/S with other 4th pick.

Oops, forgot my 2nd 2nd pick.  Get BPA, LB,DB
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:12 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If we can get a 2 & 4 then "Get -R- Done"

I agree.  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:46 PM)BengalD Wrote: I feel the hate coming already - I say resign Big Mac relatively cheap - then Trade Dalton for a ton!  Big Mac with a young receiver core and AJ I think would work out.

This is how you become the Cincinnati Reds. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals blew their opportunity to trade McCarron to the Vikings (the team who likely tried). That trade offer won't happen again. I just don't see us getting a significant offer for him.
This came out before bridgewater got hurt. It wasn't the Vikings I highly doubt.
(01-10-2017, 12:42 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Do it in a heart beat.  Go after Mike Williams in 1st.  Get best center with 1st 2nd.  Get DE and an LB in 3rd (comp pick).  Get OT/OG in 4th to compete for PT, along with best CB/S with other 4th pick.
If we get 2 seconds I would do something like Williams in 1st Walker 2nd elflien 2nd McMillan if he lasts in 3rd if not beckwith.
Reply/Quote