Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Larry O to CHI
Always a chance Geno comes back when he gets healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Always a chance Geno comes back when he gets healthy.

He's not already?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Well, I wanted him to stay, but we couldn't afford that and shore up other weaknesses at the same time. Good for him though, and I enjoyed having him last year. Best wishes for Larry.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: He's not already?

According to the last update we got during the playoff run, he was not. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to the last update we got during the playoff run, he was not. 

It was irresponsible to have him out there playing one-armed and being completely ineffective to hold off getting the surgery he clearly needed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Random note, congrats on getting 150,000 rep!

Thanks brother! Major milestone! Rock On

Great day and we get Cappa and Karras, awesome.

(03-14-2022, 02:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Wow yeah let him go for that. Good for him, but not worth that imo

Same, I like Larry but damn that is overpaying for a DT that isn't great at stopping the run.

(03-14-2022, 02:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still have Reader, Hendrickson, and Hubbard all as guys who got paid, including the top two cap hits on the team once Waynes is released.

Hope we bring back Hill though, if not we have to add a DT in Free Agency and at the very least bring back Tupou.

BTW, love that sig lol

Another!Cheers
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:03 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Always a chance Geno comes back when he gets healthy.

Never give up hope on Geno. After all, I have a bunch of stopped watches and clocks. Maybe I'll find one from Geno's best season and put fresh battery in it.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: He's not already?

No, his shoulder was still messed up all season. Otherwise he would have played somewhere. 
Reply/Quote
Losing both Larry O and Hill would be a huge blow.

They combined for 14 sacks (counting playoffs) and were both underrated reasons for our success last year.

Hill made some huge plays in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Losing both Larry O and Hill would be a huge blow.

They combined for 12 sacks and were both underrated reasons for our success last year.

Hill made some huge plays in the playoffs.

We just got Hill back 3 year 30 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: We just got Hill back 3 year 30 million.

Thank God. He earned the pay increase.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Larry O thank you for this past year
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Never give up hope on Geno. After all, I have a bunch of stopped watches and clocks. Maybe I'll find one from Geno's best season and put fresh battery in it.. Tongue

I know it's just nostalgia, but I would love for Geno to suit up for one more season then retire a Bengal. 
Reply/Quote
and is now a Free Agent after failing the Bears Physical
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and is now a Free Agent after failing the Bears Physical

Has to suck for him to lose out on that huge contract.

I wonder if the Bears kind of wised up and regretted paying that much?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and is now a Free Agent after failing the Bears Physical

yeah will stay that way till he can pass one
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has to suck for him to lose out on that huge contract.

I wonder if the Bears kind of wised up and regretted paying that much?

Doubtful.  For one they obviously wanted him to offer the contract they did.  Two it would be a media shit storm if they purposely got the docs to fail his physical due to "buyers remorse".

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
We want to spend 4 million to hold a roster spot for Larry O until he’s healthy?

That’s definitely a move that you do later but if he’s still there close to camp and after the draft and will sign cheaply i don’t see why either side would say no.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Well of course he failed the physical. Did the Bears not know he had been injured?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well of course he failed the physical. Did the Bears not know he had been injured?

I remember a toe injury being a big deal for Deion Sanders and Julio Jones, maybe a foot is a big deal for 300+ pound DLinemen compared to an ankle or knee injury?
Reply/Quote