Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 11 minutes in KC game only possession one by each team
KC took over down 3 with over 11 minutes plus 3 time outs. The h tied game with 6'01" left. Bengals then ate up the clock including converting a 3rd and 27 Burrow to Chase  
Mahommes never saw the field again. Was it risky by ZT? Yes but it would be risky giving Mahommes the ball with one minute left only down 3'also

Great job by Boyd drawing the penalty
to ice the gam
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: KC took over down 3 with over 11 minutes plus 3 time outs. The h tied game with 6'01" left. Bengals then ate up the clock including converting a 3rd and 27 Burroe to Chase  
Mahommes never saw the field again. Was it risky by ZT? Yes but it would be risky giving Mahommes the ball with one minute left only down 3'also

Great job by Boyd drawing the penalty
to ice the gam

Drunk post?  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Drunk post?  Ninja

If it’s not I’m going to need the thread title explained cause I’m lost
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:17 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If it’s not I’m going to need the thread title explained cause I’m lost

I figured it out. 

"Last 11 minutes of KC game, only 2 drives"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I figured it out. 

"Last 11 minutes of KC game, only 2 drives"

Lmao well done. Legitimately thought it was some slang I wasn’t cool enough to understand.
Reply/Quote
Spent 30 seconds trying to figure out what ddibes was.

You just re-watched the game on NFLN and had a few beers with it right? Samesies.

Holding the ball for the last 6 minutes was perfect, although I don’t think it was all planned out that way. The last drive had some slop to it. Good thing the Bengals are good enough to overcome their own slop.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:26 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Spent 30 seconds trying to figure out what ddibes was.

You just re-watched the game on NFLN and had a few beers with it right? Samesies.

Holding the ball for the last 6 minutes was perfect, although I don’t think it was all planned out that way. The last drive had some slop to it. Good thing the Bengals are good enough to overcome their own slop.

There was a lot of pushback on the 2 decisions to go for it on 4th down. I had 0% problem with it. Two things; people flipped out when they played it safe and kicked the FG in OT against the 49ers only to lose on a walk off TD. Yelling about how Taylor took the ball out of Burrow's hands. I've also seen enough of "settling" and hoping the D holds up, only to watch a walk off TD or FG, in years past. Many, many times. 

Two ThumbsUp from me on trying something different. They trusted in their QB and receivers to go and win the game and it worked. Luck? Good fortune? Sure, but i'll take it. 

It could have easily blown up in their face and they could have lost in a walk off FG. They could have also lost even if they had kicked the FG on 4th down with :50 left. The Chiefs took over with :30 left at the end of the first half and they were a Vonn Bell poke away from giving up a FG or TD at the end of the half. 

Go try and take it. I'll live with how it turns out. 

Reply/Quote
I love this aggressive play calling.And yes,sometimes you just have to risk it.Everything worked out perfectly.They ate up the clock and booted the FG through the goalposts with 2 seconds on the clock.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a lot of pushback on the 2 decisions to go for it on 4th down. I had 0% problem with it. Two things; people flipped out when they played it safe and kicked the FG in OT against the 49ers only to lose on a walk off TD. Yelling about how Taylor took the ball out of Burrow's hands. I've also seen enough of "settling" and hoping the D holds up, only to watch a walk off TD or FG, in years past. Many, many times. 

Two ThumbsUp from me on trying something different. They trusted in their QB and receivers to go and win the game and it worked. Luck? Good fortune? Sure, but i'll take it. 

It could have easily blown up in their face and they could have lost in a walk off FG. They could have also lost even if they had kicked the FG on 4th down with :50 left. The Chiefs took over with :30 left at the end of the first half and they were a Vonn Bell poke away from giving up a FG or TD at the end of the half. 

Hell I wanted them to go for it on 4th down in the first quarter... When there was the weird sequence when the refs initially gave us a first down, and it was challenged. Of course I nearly deuced myself yelling that Taylor was a moron when they hurried to the line and threw it on 4th and 1... But I digress. Two plays into the next possession the Chiefs were already to where we punted from. I was more than alright with playing keep away from the Chiefs offense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You have to look at a lot of different factors when deciding to go for it on the 4th down play. It is not the same for every team. I thought it was a bad decision because the Bengals are so bad in short yardage situations (22nd in converting 3rd or 4th and 1)

Of course just 2 days earlier I had seen my Vols lose a game by getting stuffed on the 1-yard line in overtime instead of kicking a FG.

I prefer "not losing" over "playing to win" and losing.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to look at a lot of different factors when deciding to go for it on the 4th down play.  It is not the same for every team.  I thought it was a bad decision because the Bengals are so bad in short yardage situations (22nd in converting 3rd or 4th and 1)

Of course just 2 days earlier I had seen my Vols lose a game by getting stuffed on the 1-yard line in overtime instead of kicking a FG.

I liked the decision.  My only beef is the QB sneaks.  Why not a toss sweep for Mixon?  That's one of our best basic running plays because Mixon does the cut back so well and our line seems to block decently in space.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Still drunk from Sunday are we? You might let up a bit, that’s not good for the kidneys.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I liked the decision.  My only beef is the QB sneaks.  Why not a toss sweep for Mixon?  That's one of our best basic running plays because Mixon does the cut back so well and our line seems to block decently in space.  

Same here. I don't think they should've tried ANY QB sneaks. Our offensive line just doesn't get the push it needs which is why we're not as good on 3rd/4th and short as we should be. 

I would've done just 4 straight runs. Maybe a play action pass on 3rd down or something. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Drunk post?  Ninja

Sorry, I have no idea where that crap came from in thr title. Sadly, I drink rarely so there goes that excuse.

My point was in essence factoring in time outs they closed out 8 minutes and never let a stud get the ball back to tie or beat them.

Our offense kept maybe the best offense in the NFL off the field the last 6 minutes even though they had 3 time outs also.

Worst case scenario if we do not get 1st down or TD on 4th down is OT, no way KC tries to go 99 yards with no timeouts and a possible safety on the line.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was going to say, "the game had a height? 6'01?" But the appropriate ribbing had already been done LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I was going to say, "the game had a height? 6'01?" But the appropriate ribbing had already been done LOL

A lot of people don't know that the prime and double-prime symbols are also used for minutes and seconds. 

I had no clue that it was a thing until I was taking land surveying classes in college, and when I see people use them now, I automatically think they have a surveying/civil engineering background. It seems to be the only place that I've seen people regularly use it. Military, maybe? 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a lot of pushback on the 2 decisions to go for it on 4th down. I had 0% problem with it. Two things; people flipped out when they played it safe and kicked the FG in OT against the 49ers only to lose on a walk off TD. Yelling about how Taylor took the ball out of Burrow's hands. I've also seen enough of "settling" and hoping the D holds up, only to watch a walk off TD or FG, in years past. Many, many times. 

ZT took the ball out of Burrow's hands on 1st/2nd down in the OT drive against the 49'rs, not 4th down.

4th and long was the correct call to kick a FG. SF DB's were decimated and clueless and Cinci. was owning that team with all the energy and momentum.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I liked the decision.  My only beef is the QB sneaks.  Why not a toss sweep for Mixon?  That's one of our best basic running plays because Mixon does the cut back so well and our line seems to block decently in space.  

I was against going for it both times but more against  with 2 straight QB sneaks. Don't mind the 1st one but you have to give it to a hungry Mixon back there, imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You have to look at a lot of different factors when deciding to go for it on the 4th down play.  It is not the same for every team.  I thought it was a bad decision because the Bengals are so bad in short yardage situations (22nd in converting 3rd or 4th and 1)

Try taking a look at the 4th down conversion rate for 2021 for the Bengals. If you don't understand the analytics there, you're just hating on the coaches. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:53 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: A lot of people don't know that the prime and double-prime symbols are also used for minutes and seconds. 

I had no clue that it was a thing until I was taking land surveying classes in college, and when I see people use them now, I automatically think they have a surveying/civil engineering background. It seems to be the only place that I've seen people regularly use it. Military, maybe? 

Same....took Plane Surveying 1 and 2.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote