Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 2 Drafts
From the 2014 and 2015 NFL Drafts who do you expect big things from next season?

I am hoping Denard can come back healthy and challenge for a starting spot. Excited to get Wright back for special teams and see if he can help at wr. It will be interesting who can earn a starting spot between Fisher and big Cedric.
Reply/Quote
Interested to see what Dennard can do if any of the free agent corners are not resigned...

Also I want to see Ogbuehi replace Andre Smith.. If we don't draft a LB in 1st or 2nd round this year, I want to see more of P.J. Dawson and more of Will Clarke.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I don't see how Obuehli doesn't start the first day a spot is available.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:33 PM)brian5562 Wrote: From the 2014 and 2015 NFL Drafts who do you expect big things from next season?

I am hoping Denard can come back healthy and challenge for a starting spot. Excited to get Wright back for special teams and see if he can help at wr. It will be interesting who can earn a starting spot between Fisher and big Cedric.

Fisher takes over at Andre
Dennard takes over for Leon
Hardison takes over for Gilberry

Dawson's role and involvement is dependent on if we bring back Hawk and/or Rey
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:33 PM)brian5562 Wrote: From the 2014 and 2015 NFL Drafts who do you expect big things from next season?

Forgot all about Wright.  Hobs seems to thing CedO will be the RT and Fisher is the LT in waiting.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:36 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I don't see how Obuehli doesn't start the first day a spot is available.

Him and Fisher should fight for the RT spot, it'd be foolish to just give it to the higher draft pick when he spent the majority of his rookie year rehabbing when the other guy was getting snaps.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Him and Fisher should fight for the RT spot, it'd be foolish to just give it to the higher draft pick when he spent the majority of his rookie year rehabbing when the other guy was getting snaps.

I agree, I liked what I saw from both..

Reply/Quote
I also think Shaw can help this team. He showed some flashes and I like that he plays physical.
Reply/Quote
I'm not knocking Fisher, but they drafted Ced to be the LT for the next 12 years (once Whit is gone).

Hell, you could argue that we might be better with Ced/Fisher next year. Whitworth wasn't exactly dominant this year...lots of penalties.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:42 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I also think Shaw can help this team. He showed some flashes and I like that he plays physical.

I did like what I saw from him as well..

I remember that play when he tackled AB short for the first down, great tackling.

I certainly think he could potentially be our nickel corner/possible starter if he keeps growing.

Reply/Quote
I know there is the argument of not changing too much along the front but I would love to see an oline of Ced Whit Boling Zeitler Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Why do people think Boling is a center?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:45 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I know there is the argument of not changing too much along the front but I would love to see an oline of Ced Whit Boling Zeitler Fisher.

You want us to get worse at 3 positions possibly? 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:43 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm not knocking Fisher, but they drafted Ced to be the LT for the next 12 years (once Whit is gone).

Hell, you could argue that we might be better with Ced/Fisher next year.  Whitworth wasn't exactly dominant this year...lots of penalties.

If that is indeed the case, which is likely, it is irrelevant because the LT position ain't open, the RT is. Both players played both positions in college, and you could make good arguments that both were better there than at LT. See who is better for the job and focus on LT when Whit's officially done.

Just a billion no's to the 2nd half of your post.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:43 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm not knocking Fisher, but they drafted Ced to be the LT for the next 12 years (once Whit is gone).

Hell, you could argue that we might be better with Ced/Fisher next year.  Whitworth wasn't exactly dominant this year...lots of penalties.

Just....why? 
Reply/Quote
Ogbhuei will be RT.

Dennard will start or be nickel. Just depends on if we resign Pacman.

Fisher will be the extra TE swing tackle. Then once whit is done he will go to RT and Cedric goes to LT.

If we don't resign Pacman than Shaw becomes the nickel.

Dawson plays more next year and the base look should be interesting .
Reply/Quote
Interested to see if they let Tate go and have Mario Alford returning kicks.  He averaged 28.6 yards per kick return his final year at WVU with 2 TDs.  He also ran a 4.27 40 at the combine.  Dude is freaky fast.
Reply/Quote
Really don't know why people are so sure Ogbuehi is the future LT. He was pretty bad there at TAMU and his good tape is all at RT.
It's really not as easy as "switching sides"
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Him and Fisher should fight for the RT spot, it'd be foolish to just give it to the higher draft pick when he spent the majority of his rookie year rehabbing when the other guy was getting snaps.

Fisher didn't play much at Tackle though, did he?  I hope he has improved at that spot, because he looked absolutely horrible in preseason.

I would expect him to be the eventual replacement for Whit.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see us get Kroft on the field at the same time as Eifert because I think they'd be very difficult to stop, and next to impossible to stop if you want to double AJ.

Be nice to see Hardison and Clarke get to the quarterback some because I'm still under the theory that a pass rush is the secret to a successful defense in this league.

I'd also love to see Shaw and Dennard make some plays just because I played corner/safety and I love to see good plays and athletic plays.
Reply/Quote