Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last night's game....
Several thoughts. One, like I said in the other thread, I now feel like if something happened to Dalton, we could win with Driskell. 2) Malik Jefferson seems to be improving in his game and made several good plays last night. The game will come to him, and since he sits behind starters now, he has time to learn. 3) Ross needs to clean up the drops or he's going to go right back in Marvin's doghouse. 4) Woodside is better than I though the was, hope they stash him on the practice squad. 5) I love that with 2 minutes left in the 4th preseason game, Pollock is still moving people on the line trying different things. 6) Jon Brown showed us last night with the missed extra point why Bullock is our kicker. 7) Our cheerleaders really are better looking than their photos and MB needs to hire a different photographer because.....DAMN!

8) Oh yeah, almost forgot...…. I would hate to be Andrew Luck next week......
Reply/Quote
Agree, I think Driskel has way more upside than Barkley.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Several thoughts. One, like I said in the other thread, I now feel like if something happened to Dalton, we could win with Driskell. 2) Malik Jefferson seems to be improving in his game and made several good plays last night. The game will come to him, and since he sits behind starters now, he has time to learn. 3) Ross needs to clean up the drops or he's going to go right back in Marvin's doghouse. 4) Woodside is better than I though the was, hope they stash him on the practice squad. 5) I love that with 2 minutes left in the 4th preseason game, Pollock is still moving people on the line trying different things. 6) Jon Brown showed us last night with the missed extra point why Bullock is our kicker. 7) Our cheerleaders really are better looking than their photos and MB needs to hire a different photographer because.....DAMN!

3. Not his fault; he was interfered with and his other arm was knocked into, when he tried to secure it.

He gets a pass.

7. As we discussed earlier this year:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-2018-Ben-Gals?pid=551239#pid551239
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Several thoughts. One, like I said in the other thread, I now feel like if something happened to Dalton, we could win with Driskell. 2) Malik Jefferson seems to be improving in his game and made several good plays last night. The game will come to him, and since he sits behind starters now, he has time to learn. 3) Ross needs to clean up the drops or he's going to go right back in Marvin's doghouse. 4) Woodside is better than I though the was, hope they stash him on the practice squad. 5) I love that with 2 minutes left in the 4th preseason game, Pollock is still moving people on the line trying different things. 6) Jon Brown showed us last night with the missed extra point why Bullock is our kicker. 7) Our cheerleaders really are better looking than their photos and MB needs to hire a different photographer because.....DAMN!

Honest Q: What is everyone seeing in Malik? I’ve been pretty disappointed in him this preseason. And isn’t he the one who missed that tackle on like 3rd and 20? I know it’s one play, but I haven’t seen anything from him, so I’d love to hear other viewpoints.

I can’t wait to see a full season of Ross (hopefully). Just needs to play aggressive.

Next Sunday will be fun! Can’t lie though, we are playing a guy who, when healthy, is a dominant QB. If he’s feeling good Week 1, our D better be ready to go. We aren’t the type of team that can start off slow.
Reply/Quote
When did we get a Second Ross and Boyd on the team?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:27 AM)thillan Wrote: Honest Q: What is everyone seeing in Malik?I’ve been pretty disappointed in him this preseason. And isn’t he the one who missed that tackle on like 3rd and 20? I know it’s one play, but I haven’t seen anything from him, so I’d love to hear other viewpoints.

I can’t wait to see a full season of Ross (hopefully). Just needs to play aggressive.

Next Sunday will be fun! Can’t lie though, we are playing a guy who, when healthy, is a dominant QB. If he’s feeling good Week 1, our D better be ready to go. We aren’t the type of team that can start off slow.

As one of his major detractors let me tell you that if you watched the game last night you need to watch it again.

The guy made at least 4 major stops last night that I can think of off the bat.  2 at the line of scrimmage where he stuffed the runner in the gap, one saving a touch down, and 2 really athletic pass breakups.

He was all over the place last night and had me eating crow on the half shell, crow goulash and crow pie a la mode.

It all tasted GREAT

He may have a way to go, but last night he showed me why the coaches took him in the 3rd round.  He wasn't just showcasing his athleticism, he was making great football plays.

Hu Dey :andy: !!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:48 AM)3wt Wrote: As one of his major detractors let me tell you that if you watched the game last night you need to watch it again.

The guy made at least 4 major stops last night that I can think of off the bat.  2 at the line of scrimmage where he stuffed the runner in the gap, one saving a touch down, and 2 really athletic pass breakups.

He was all over the place last night and had me eating crow on the half shell, crow goulash and crow pie a la mode.

It all tasted GREAT

He may have a way to go, but last night he showed me why the coaches took him in the 3rd round.  He wasn't just showcasing his athleticism, he was making great football plays.

Hu Dey :andy: !!!!

This is awesome news about Malik, as you say you were probably the most critical of the pick, you and Racer.

Thanks for this brother as i couldn't see the game. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is awesome news about Malik, as you say you were probably the most critical of the pick, you and Racer.

Yeah, he was stellar last night.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:27 AM)thillan Wrote: Honest Q: What is everyone seeing in Malik? I’ve been pretty disappointed in him this preseason. And isn’t he the one who missed that tackle on like 3rd and 20? I know it’s one play, but I haven’t seen anything from him, so I’d love to hear other viewpoints.

I thought it was Shaw who missed the tackle.

But folks see a big, fast, young LB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is awesome news about Malik, as you say you were probably the most critical of the pick, you and Racer.

OK so I live like 20 miles north of the city and don't have cable.  So 10 years ago I installed a full size antenna on my roof (anchored to the furnace chimney).  

Over the years the reception of the main network channels, including the main channel the Bengals are on, has diminished so that I can only get them on a Dayton channel (which is not used during the pre-season).  

My wife got me one of the NFL channels (not sure which one) for my birthday so I could watch all the games at least 24 hours later.   The channel was supposed to give me live coverage during the pre-season.   So I tuned into the channel and could get live coverage on every game except the Bengals.   Whatever

Shoot!!   I might as well be sod busting in Wyoming with you!!

I ended up going to a BW3s and watching the game on the porch outside (84 degrees and humid) because they had pretty much everything BUT the Bengals game on inside.     I was then accosted by a nice little waitress who (properly) suggested I might want to buy something.

I got me a Mountain Dew and chips/ salsa and was eaten alive by mosquitos.

I did actually enjoy the game though, and am more than happy to share the Bengals story - and my own.

Cheers!
Reply/Quote
I missed the first half, but the kid Woodside has some real zip on his throws. How accurate ? I'm not sure nor have I seen much to make any assessment of how well he can read defenses, but the guy can really fling the pigskin..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I agree with almost everything, but one thing. If Dalton and Driskel went down, Woodside is 2 to 3 years from being a good back up QB. He missed throws high, he missed throws putting too much on some and showed no touch. He disappointed me a lot last night.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Drunk Kid has an arm and can sling it well but I do not know about his maturity. I feel a little better regarding Jefferson but so much much for Walton.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Not a fan of Ross, but he didn’t drop it . That should have been a pass interference n it was slightly under thrown. It’s gonna be hard to over this guy with his speed.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with almost everything, but one thing. If Dalton and Driskel went down, Woodside is 2 to 3 years from being a good back up QB. He missed throws high, he missed throws putting too much on some and showed no touch. He disappointed me a lot last night.

I wasn't disappointed at all. Like I said he was better than I thought he was. That doesn't mean he is ready, but that downfield back shoulder pass he dropped in on the receiver was a thing of beauty....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, he was stellar last night.

Great news, as far as talent goes he was my 3rd favorite LB'er in the Draft but mentally he would have to come along.

My biggest fear was Malik would become another Paul Dawson who i liked in college.

Malik is one big, fast, athletic LB'er that can tackle and cover. Could be a star.

(08-31-2018, 12:21 PM)3wt Wrote: OK so I live like 20 miles north of the city and don't have cable.  So 10 years ago I installed a full size antenna on my roof (anchored to the furnace chimney).  

Over the years the reception of the main network channels, including the main channel the Bengals are on, has diminished so that I can only get them on a Dayton channel (which is not used during the pre-season).  

My wife got me one of the NFL channels (not sure which one) for my birthday so I could watch all the games at least 24 hours later.   The channel was supposed to give me live coverage during the pre-season.   So I tuned into the channel and could get live coverage on every game except the Bengals.   Whatever

I ended up going to a BW3s and watching the game on the porch outside (84 degrees and humid) because they had pretty much everything BUT the Bengals game on inside.     I was then accosted by a nice little waitress who (properly) suggested I might want to buy something.

I did actually enjoy the game though, and am more than happy to share the Bengals story - and my own.

Cheers!

Lol, man us Bengal fans have it hard man. I don't get to watch many Bengal games here in Wyoming especially after
a year when they weren't good. Then when i finally get to watch a game i get shit from my family cause they are not
sports fans besides my brother in law, he is a Stool fan. One day i am going to get Playstation VU and say screw'em!

I watch my Bengals is what i am gonna say and there is nothing anyone can do about it!

Always gettin' sabotaged brother, just the Bengal fan life. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:36 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Not a fan of Ross, but he didn’t drop it . That should have been a pass interference n it was slightly under thrown.  It’s gonna be hard to over this guy with his speed.

I think the throw was fine, but the coverage was borderline PI. I'm surprised it wasn't call, and I think 80% of the time it would be. You can see the corner clearly grab Ross. The act didn't look much different than what the Bills DB did last week (in all fairness, the Bills DB literally grabbed jersey, and not the arm though)

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Jefferson is pretty raw. He needs to be coached up and learn technique, so right now we are seeing more athletics and not so much savvy.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 05:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: He needs to be coached up and learn technique.

He might be on the wrong team to gain those attributes
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:21 PM)3wt Wrote: OK so I live like 20 miles north of the city and don't have cable.  So 10 years ago I installed a full size antenna on my roof (anchored to the furnace chimney).  

Cheers!

Dude, 20 miles and you're using a roof antenna, really? Buy yourself a powered digital antenna you can set by the tv for 30 bucks at Walmart and pull in the free digital network channel in HD. 
Reply/Quote