Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Last time we followed Joe Burrow's advice on a WR
(04-24-2021, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Last 1st RD Tackle was Jonah WIlliams

Last 1st RD WR was John Ross

So we should take Fields with the 5th pick? Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just to be clear. I am not going to freak out or complain if we take Chase (as long as we go O-line at #38).  I think O-line is a bigger need, but I can't find anything to criticize about Chase's potential.

I just think it is silly to say we should take him because Burrow wants us to.

Come on counselor! We don't need anymore Chase/Olineman threads, plz. For the love of god, plz no.
Reply/Quote
This has exactly nothing to do with Ja’Marr Chase.

Burrow had never played with A.J. Green before.

Burrow’s say in retaining A.J. Green was nil.

Nary a good point in the inspiration for this thread.
Reply/Quote
Some reporter probably ask Joe about the prospect of throwing to AJ, which he possibly said something like yeah he's a great player etc etc. Headline:- Burrows wants bengals to resign Wr Green.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I didn't like the move myself.

What's funny is that the intention of the OP was to question Burrow's opinion.  He wouldn't have any personal ties or true opinion on Green as opposed to someone like Chase.

The reality of it, is that we don't know if the perceived #1 WR on the team right now(Higgins)feasted off the opposing D's extra attention to Green because of his past and if he still "had it".

That above statement is the truly valid question.

Same, why wouldn't Burrow want an elite talent like AJ Green if he wasn't done? I was against tagging AJ myself but once Joe said
he would love to play with AJ I all but knew we were going to tag him so I had no complaints. It was a bad move looking back, but 
we aren't psychic. Burrow wanting Chase has nothing to do with him wanting AJ. Chase is young and in his prime and has played 
with Joe. They know each other very well.

AJ did have the #1 Corner on him consistently last season and without question this opened things up for Tee and Boyd.

I don't question Tee, just saying we don't know for sure if he is AJ Green yet in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Last 1st RD Tackle was Jonah WIlliams

Last 1st RD WR was John Ross

Last top 6 pick at T was Andre Smith.

Last top 6 pick at WR was AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Last top 6 T was Andre Smith.

Last top 6 WR was AJ Green.

Did someone say Andre Smith??

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Did someone say Andre Smith??

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I'll never forget the sight of those traffic stoppers dancing in the wind like a well choreographed nightmare. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'll never forget the sight of those traffic stoppers dancing in the wind like a well choreographed nightmare. Mellow

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Click bait thread, lock this one up mods!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, why wouldn't Burrow want an elite talent like AJ Green if he wasn't done? I was against tagging AJ myself but once Joe said
he would love to play with AJ I all but knew we were going to tag him so I had no complaints. It was a bad move looking back, but 
we aren't psychic. Burrow wanting Chase has nothing to do with him wanting AJ. Chase is young and in his prime and has played 
with Joe. They know each other very well.

AJ did have the #1 Corner on him consistently last season and without question this opened things up for Tee and Boyd.

I don't question Tee, just saying we don't know for sure if he is AJ Green yet in his prime.

Exactly.

Tee is good.  No question.

Boyd is great in his role too.

AJ, even if he was a shell of himself still brought attention.

If we grab some mid-late rd WR is that going to be enough even if they are a speed/field stretcher?

That is the question.  Sometimes guys like that get a wake up call physically in that LOS-5yd stretch from NFL CBs.

Will Tee have enough to outshine #1 CBs game in and game out?  That is another good question.

It's not some personal dig at the guy's talent.  It just is unknown.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Last top 6 pick at T was Andre Smith.

Last top 6 pick at WR was AJ Green.

Of course we pick in the top 5, so IDK why you went top 6. Do you know the last OT we drafted in the top 5?

Hint: His first name was Anthony...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:20 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Who he had never played with and only had tape to base his opinion on. This seems like a bad take, even from you Fred.

/thread

Reply/Quote
All of these past anecdotes are completely meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'll never forget the sight of those traffic stoppers dancing in the wind like a well choreographed nightmare. Mellow

The best part was the rest of the team watching it and making fun of him on Hard Knocks.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The best part was the rest of the team watching it and making fun of him on Hard Knocks.

Like when Marv laughed his ass off at Sam Adams trying to run. 

[Image: th?id=OIP.YJJYVqcvUlqdPF0RfehumQAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The thing many miss about Andre is; he arguably turned out to be the best OT taken in that draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing many miss about Andre is; he arguably turned out to be the best OT taken in that draft.

Wasn’t it a pretty weak OT class though? Andre, Michael Oher...not sure who else.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasn’t it a pretty weak OT class though? Andre, Michael Oher...not sure who else.

Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe joined him in the 1st round. 

Iremember how mad folks were at Big Dre when the movie Blindside came out

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We paid A J Green $18 million to be the worst starting WR in the league.

Huh? Burrow had nothing to do with us signing AJ Green... Good lord more people making shit up. 
Reply/Quote