Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last week we said "it was the Raiders"
Last week, we wiped the floor with the Raiders. Some people said it didn't matter how good we looked because the Raiders just suck.

Well, one week later, we beat the Chargers, considered a much better team AND the Ravens were upset by the Raiders.

Now, do we have anyone saying it's just the Raiders?

I think the Bengals are just this good. They started fast last year before falling back to earth, but if Dalton can keep up this turnover free play style and the defense keeps making life hell for the opposing QB, we're going to win an awful lot of games and make a lot of teams look like "Just the Raiders."

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
There's no question the Bengals have been a good team for many years now. But people won't truly start talking about the Bengals in a positive light until they start winning the games that have the Bengals under a spotlight (SNF, MNF and playoffs).

If the Bengals stay healthy and Dalton stays consistent ... no reason we won't see a change for the better.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:49 PM)barkerja Wrote: There's no question the Bengals have been a good team for many years now. But people won't truly start talking about the Bengals in a positive light until they start winning the games that have the Bengals under a spotlight (SNF, MNF and playoffs).

If the Bengals stay healthy and Dalton stays consistent ... no reason we won't see a change for the better.

....and Thursday Night Football w/2.0 passer ratings!!! Redemption is there though, we can re-visit this after Nov. 5 TNF v. Cleveland and the very next week Nov. 16 MNF v. Houston.

Great start, and schedule is getting tougher......next 3: @Bal, v. KC, and v. SEA
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:49 PM)barkerja Wrote: There's no question the Bengals have been a good team for many years now. But people won't truly start talking about the Bengals in a positive light until they start winning the games that have the Bengals under a spotlight (SNF, MNF and playoffs).

This just about sums it up for me. Glad we are winning and am excited but I've seen this before. 
Reply/Quote
Nobody will ever be impressed with what we do until we win a playoff game. That's just the way it is but unfortunately the hole we have dug ourselves as a franchise.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Funny, I remember one poster that said that he expected the Raiders to be a very different team this week.

In other news,

The Bills defense gave up a HUGE day to Brady and Co.

The Dolphins got beat by the Jags.

And, The Titans came back to earth (at the hands of the Browns).

This is going to be a very, very interesting season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is going to be a very, very interesting season.

Every season is interesting. That's what makes the NFL so interesting to watch because it literally is any given Sunday (or Thursday, or Saturday, or Monday — sheesh, 5 years from now we'll have games 7 days a week).
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Nobody will ever be impressed with what we do until we win a playoff game. That's just the way it is but unfortunately the hole we have dug ourselves as a franchise.

Agreed and rightfully so, this is the year to get that monkey off our backs!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Calm down. We won 2 games in a row, which isn't special. Holler at me when the postseason arrives.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Calm down. We won 2 games in a row, which isn't special. Holler at me when the postseason arrives.

Eh, I'd just as soon not holler at you, regardless.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Calm down. We won 2 games in a row, which isn't special. Holler at me when the postseason arrives.

Well, if you don't care about the regular season, maybe you can spare us from your posts until then, Mr. Life-of-the-party.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm always extremely confident in this team...as long as it's not prime-time or playoffs.

I'd love to see this team's win % in afternoon regular season games. They're straight dominant in these types of games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There will be a few games that don't go our way, but on the whole the majority will go our way. How the post season goes I have no clue, but I'm enjoying what we have for now. Who knows? We might not even lose to a backup QB all season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If we can stay a little healthier this year, I think we can win in the playoffs. Last year was a bummer but losing who all we did, was just too much to overcome. With a healthier team the Chargers would've went down imo.

Good game today. We look legit, period.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:29 PM)djam Wrote: If we can stay a little healthier this year, I think we can win in the playoffs. Last year was a bummer but losing who all we did, was just too much to overcome. With a healthier team the Chargers would've went down imo.

Good game today. We look legit, period.

We played the Colts last year. We were pretty healthy for the Chargers game, outside of Geno and Leon.

That said, we have 4 straight playoff losses, so I understand why people get mixed up sometimes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We played the Colts last year. We were pretty healthy for the Chargers game, outside of Geno and Leon.

That said, we have 4 straight playoff losses, so I understand why people get mixed up sometimes.

Yeah I forgot it was before that. We have been injured bad in both games, but last year was the worst by far. My main concern isnt even Andy as much as it is the defense. They blew it pretty hard in all those losses, after having stellar regular seasons. But losing is definitely a team effort, and the offense hasnt looked good either. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Eh, I'd just soon not holler at you, regardless.

Thank you. You make Bengal fans look ridiculous bragging about 2 games. Act like you won something before.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, if you don't care about the regular season, maybe you can spare us from your posts until then, Mr. Life-of-the-party.

When 2 games become the regular season, holler. Until then act like you won something before. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We played the Colts last year. We were pretty healthy for the Chargers game, outside of Geno and Leon.

We had 2 OL down too (Zeitler, and Boling) , plus Whitworth, Cook and Andre Smith were playing hurt. Both Newman and Hall was hurt, and Crocker was a starting safety that game. I think Gilberry was out too.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:34 AM)Fresno B Wrote: When 2 games become the regular season, holler. Until then act like you won something before. Ninja

Whoa whoa. Take it all one week at a time and enjoy the ride. You can't get in the playoffs without the regular season. Nothing wrong with being ecstatic about the wins that will get you there. Just relax, bud. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote