Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last week we said "it was the Raiders"
(09-21-2015, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We were without Atkins, Hall and Boling. Zeitler played, and lets be honest, most players are "playing hurt" that deep into the season. Chris Crocker wasn't a bad option at safety.

The Chargers were missing WR Vincent Brown, WR Malcom Floyd and CB Derek Cox. Ryan Mathews was injured somewhere around halftime and missed the rest of the game. I'm sure many Chargers players were dinged up.

We really weren't in bad shape at all for that game. 

I thought Zeitler was out with a foot injury, and I know that Newman was out. Whitworth had to play guard that game because of injuries. The secondary, and OL was in really bad shape that game. We had a lot of key injuries going into that game. The worst part about our injuries are they mostly only effect one or two position groups.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We were without Atkins, Hall and Boling. Zeitler played, and lets be honest, most players are "playing hurt" that deep into the season. Chris Crocker wasn't a bad option at safety.

The Chargers were missing WR Vincent Brown, WR Malcom Floyd and CB Derek Cox. Ryan Mathews was injured somewhere around halftime and missed the rest of the game. I'm sure many Chargers players were dinged up.

Yeah but we were also lacking a lot in the experience department guys like eifert marvin and sanu just completeting their first full season on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fresno aint Fresh lol

Not fresh, just unmemorable.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:34 AM)Fresno B Wrote: When 2 games become the regular season, holler. Until then act like you won something before.

I have absolutely nothing to do with these wins.

But....these past two games are definitely part of the regular season.  What do you consider it?

If you can't get excited when the team wins games, whether it is simply Oakland in the regular season or much bigger, then what is the point in watching them?  You must be pretty miserable if you're only happy if they win playoff games.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I have absolutely nothing to do with these wins.

But....these past two games are definitely part of the regular season.  What do you consider it?

If you can't get excited when the team wins games, whether it is simply Oakland in the regular season or much bigger, then what is the point in watching them?  You must be pretty miserable if you're only happy if they win playoff games.

first ever win in oakland is kinda exciting.... i would think
winning vs a playoff caliber team at home also exciting....

Being 2-0 is the best possible start you can have. While a constant playoff team from this division is sitting @ 0-2 even more exciting.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:29 AM)Stewy Wrote: Wow a fresh troll for our forums.  How lovely.

Been here a long time. Only trolls are the ones acting like we won something.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:45 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Been here a long time. Only trolls are the ones acting like we won something.

Well the Bengals did win a game....

Cant win playoff games unless you win enough of these games to get a shot....

2-0 vs the AFC... Next up the Ravens
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Typical moron post.  Can't even spell whine when that is what really seems to make him happy.  What I want to hear isn't the issue here.  The sad thing is (if you are truly a Bengal fan) that you would rather wallow in misery than embrace what has been a very good start to the season.  I don't need to hear you praise the team, coaches, organization, etc.  I just feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy where the Bengals sit as of right now.

I have wasted my time trying to overcome people's negative perceptions about this team's lack of success in the postseason for too long.  If someone is just resolved to "they will be one and done anyway", then I won't bother.  I see (finally!) the full complement healthy, and working together.  This is the team I have been waiting for ever since the quitter left. 

I see what I didn't see in the 2005 Bengals:  balance.  This team can beat you with the run or pass.  They can beat you with defense.  They will make plays on special teams (often taken for granted).  This team is going to be special.  Enjoy the next several months of your self-imposed skepticism.  I will be enjoying every minute of it.

Bunglized. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I have absolutely nothing to do with these wins.

You must be pretty lame if you're only happy to win regular season games. Fixed.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:45 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Been here a long time. Only trolls are the ones acting like we won something.

Played two games and won them both.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Nobody is crowning anyone.  The only one fabricating anything is you.  Do you have anything else?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:59 PM)McC Wrote: Played two games and won them both.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Nobody is crowning anyone.  The only one fabricating anything is you.  Do you have anything else?

2 games. Thank you. That's it. Nothing to see here folks. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Last week, we wiped the floor with the Raiders. Some people said it didn't matter how good we looked because the Raiders just suck.

Well, one week later, we beat the Chargers, considered a much better team AND the Ravens were upset by the Raiders.

Now, do we have anyone saying it's just the Raiders?

I think the Bengals are just this good. They started fast last year before falling back to earth, but if Dalton can keep up this turnover free play style and the defense keeps making life hell for the opposing QB, we're going to win an awful lot of games and make a lot of teams look like "Just the Raiders."

Who Dey!

Funny that you would pose this question, JDawg.  As I have a lifelong friend, who happens to be a Steelers fan, that called to tell me that he thought the Bengals looked outstanding.  Having bitten on early season optimism once too many times, I dismissed his praise and said something along the lines of "Well, let's see how they look in January". 

Then, another friend who happens to be a Raiders fan, also told me how he thought the Bengals looked like the real deal.

I will say this much, our offense looks completely unstoppable, at moments.  Our defense, is hanging tough, even without Vontaze Burfict in the games.  I'm starting to put my believer hat on again.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We were without Atkins, Hall and Boling. Zeitler played, and lets be honest, most players are "playing hurt" that deep into the season. Chris Crocker wasn't a bad option at safety.

I would say losing your top CB and top Pass rusher are huge losses. I don't think people realize how much those two meant to that particular team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:50 PM)Fresno B Wrote: You must be pretty lame if you're only happy to win regular season games. Fixed.

You must be pretty uneducated if you read that and got "only happy to win regular season games" out of it. You may have tried to fix my post, but you sure couldn't fix that reading comprehension problem.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:16 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You must be pretty uneducated if you read that and got "only happy to win regular season games" out of it. You may have tried to fix my post, but you sure couldn't fix that reading comprehension problem.

You said I must be miserable so you must be happy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Bunglized. Rolleyes

Can we please ban this feminine hygiene product?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I thought Zeitler was out with a foot injury, and I know that Newman was out. Whitworth had to play guard that game because of injuries. The secondary, and OL was in really bad shape that game. We had a lot of key injuries going into that game. The worst part about our injuries are they mostly only effect one or two position groups.

Here's the starting lineup's for that game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201401050cin.htm

Zeitler started. Newman was out, but DreKirk was a pretty good fill-in.

Whit was playing guard because that's how we had so much success running the ball on the Chargers during the regular season.

(09-21-2015, 07:15 PM)J24 Wrote: I would say losing your top CB and top Pass rusher are huge losses. I don't think people realize how much those two meant to that particular team.

Look, if you're waiting for a season where we don't lose any good players to injury, you're probably going to be waiting for a very long time. I understand that Geno was a big loss that year, but we went 10 games without him, so there was no reason for the defense to suddenly fall apart. Plus we had a healthy Burfict, which was a luxury we haven't had much since then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote