Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach
(01-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this, a proven clutch SB winning QB to boot?

Yep just not good in the regular season or when playing anywhere besides Philly lol.
Reply/Quote
The problem w dalton is he’s not that good

He does t make players better around him

He can’t make all the throws and has awful pocket awareness

His arm strength is below avg

And the bengals have to build a perfect team around him for him to be good

They need to stop catering an entire offense to enable andy

They need a qb who can make his o line better, be more mobile. Have a better arm. Be a leader. Demand to win

Dalton. Ain’t that.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep just not good in the regular season or when playing anywhere besides Philly lol.

Hell man....just play Andy all season, then put Foles in come playoff time.  Two headed monster! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep just not good in the regular season or when playing anywhere besides Philly lol.

Good in the regular season if it's a must win. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell man....just play Andy all season, then put Foles in come playoff time.  Two headed monster! LMAO

Sounds like a plan.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: If they are, I'm going to lose my mind.  Especially seeing how things like this have been ignored in the past when there actually was shady dealings going on.

Oh c'mon! There's NO SUCH THING as shady dealings in the NFL and it's IMPOSSIBLE to fix games! Professionals abound in this league at every level!  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not quite sure how we'd get in trouble here?

He may be the Bengals' pick, but they have not extended a formal offer to him yet. No rules have been broken as far as I can tell. It's not the team's fault that someone in the media tweeted it out and the story gained traction.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we all rooting for the Rams to tank it?  As for me, I think it would be cool to get a HC coming off of a Superbowl Victory!

Same here, i am rooting for Whit to get a ring to boot.

I am fine with the wait, its all good.

(01-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: So one is the coach responsible for Goffs success n the other is the coach responsible for Wentz n Foles success . I like it , make the brother OC coach or QB coach for the Bengals ..,great pick

Sure would be cool to get Press and Foles to go along with Zac.

Zac and Press evidently are great with QB's and Foles is a clutch SB winner.

(01-10-2019, 09:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still think if Zac Taylor is the choice, that Shane Waldron will be his OC. I knew there was a good chance Taylor was it because the Brass flew to Los Angeles and if my memory is correct, his name showed up early in the search process.

Makes sense as well and would be all for it. I just like the thought of getting Foles.

Nothing against Dalton who is a very good regular season QB but Foles is clutch and a SB MVP.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm not quite sure how we'd get in trouble here?

He may be the Bengals' pick, but they have not extended a formal offer to him yet.  No rules have been broken as far as I can tell.  It's not the team's fault that someone in the media tweeted it out and the story gained traction.

The problem is they can't informally offer it either. While it has never really been enforced I think this is just a case where some people in the facility may be a little nervous being the first time they have pushed the envelope of NFL rules. I don't expect any issues as Taylor's reps have basically told people "we know nothing about it". As long as they play dumb it's find and honestly it's Florio making something out of nothing. He also said we were hiring Bieniemy so you just kind of take what he says and move on.
Reply/Quote

(01-11-2019, 03:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hell man....just play Andy all season, then put Foles in come playoff time.  Two headed monster! LMAO

What Wyche said lmao!
Reply/Quote
...From AJ McCaron to Jeff Driskel to Nick Foles. The carousel of back up QB's to replace Andy Dalton continues to spin.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...From AJ McCaron to Jeff Driskel to Nick Foles. The carousel of back up QB's to replace Andy Dalton continues to spin.

at least Foles knows how to win under pressure and can win the SB!!  let alone a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: The problem w dalton is he’s not that good

False. Dude has a winning record in the NFL. It's impossible for a bad QB to have a winning record in the NFL if starting for multiple seasons.

(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: He does t make players better around him
Debatable. Considering he's really good at reading defenses pre-snap and when the Bengals get into the red zone, they usually score and score TDS, I'd say he elevates all the offense because of this.
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: He can’t make all the throws
False. Sure, he ain't got no rocket arm, but he can make all the throws.
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: He ... has awful pocket awareness

His pocket awareness could be better, true, but it's not awful. To be fair, though, he first needs to have a consistent pocket before he can improve his pocket awareness.
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: His arm strength is below avg 
Again false. Sports science once tested his arm and he threw with the same velocity as Cam Newton. Is Cam's arm strength below avg?
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: And the bengals have to build a perfect team around him for him to be good 

False again. I swear, do you even watch Bengals games? When have the Bengals ever had a perfect team around Dalton? Answer: never. Yet, Dalton has had some pretty good seasons and had a lot of good games.
(01-11-2019, 03:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: They need to stop catering an entire offense to enable andy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You think the Bengals have been catering the offense to Andy? I am literally speechless at this comment.
I'm done. You clearly have never watched a Bengals game. Please watch a few before you comment on Dalton or any other player. Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:31 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: at least Foles knows how to win under pressure and can win the SB!!  let alone  a playoff game.

I love Dalton, but if I would not be against giving Foles a shot to replace him. Of course, if he falters, we'd have a pretty good fallback option (for 2 years anyway)
Reply/Quote
I think that IF the Bengals move on from Dalton it's with a drafted QB most likely.
Reply/Quote
Yeah Dalton definely isn’t that good

Bottom half of the league QB

His rating

His numbers

It’s very easy to see
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Kinda feels like a fabricated story to me. It could easily be someone trying and hoping to get Cincinnati in trouble, just spouting something that “might” be true just to get an investigation started. That “league source” could be the Steelers quipment manager for all we know. Seems bunk, especially coming from Florio. I have no concerns over this.

Keep in mind that Florio was just talking about "league sources" indicating that it would be Hue Jackson at HC with Vance Joseph as DC...or Vance as HC with Hue as OC. A couple days later, it's Bieniemy. Then Taylor. He speculates a lot of stuff, hiding behind that "league sources" crap, then makes no mention of the incorrect predictions when the rumors shift.

----

As for Taylor, I like him if he brings Waldron as OC. I like him a lot less if he keeps Lazor. I want a fresh start, not an excuse to keep guys around.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:39 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yeah Dalton definely isn’t that good

Bottom half of the league QB

His rating

His numbers

It’s very easy to see

Only if you're looking with your "brown eye". 

Dalton is no worse than an average QB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Keep in mind that Florio was just talking about "league sources" indicating that it would be Hue Jackson at HC with Vance Joseph as DC...or Vance as HC with Hue as OC. A couple days later, it's Bieniemy. Then Taylor. He speculates a lot of stuff, hiding behind that "league sources" crap, then makes no mention of the incorrect predictions when the rumors shift.

----

As for Taylor, I like him if he brings Waldron as OC. I like him a lot less if he keeps Lazor. I want a fresh start, not an excuse to keep guys around.

Lazor supposedly was fired just now.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Only if you're looking with your "brown eye". 

Dalton is no worse than an average QB. 

Average isn’t good

Average can be a lot better

At least you can admit this. Dalton isn’t good, you said it!

He’s ‘average’
Reply/Quote