Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson Buzz
Anyone notice that only two days into rookie minicamp and there is already a buzz around carl lawson. Dude obviously has a mean streak in him, but coaches sound real pleased and as predicted he's taking reps at DE and linebacker which is what I figured he would do. I could see Willis kicking inside on 3rd downs and lawson putting his hand down for some nasty pass rush.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think we will see much of him this year. Between Willis, him, and everyone else. Maybe a few snaps a game, if that, later in the year. Depends on how camp goes.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I take it with a grain of salt honestly. I like Lawson, but words only go so far. Remember when Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the best/most ready CB that ever came in under him? We're on year 4 and he still isn't a starter.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 03:21 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I take it with a grain of salt honestly. I like Lawson, but words only go so far. Remember when Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the best/most ready CB that ever came in under him? We're on year 4 and he still isn't a starter.

Absolutely correct. That, and he has been mostly misused since being drafted as well.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 03:21 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I take it with a grain of salt honestly. I like Lawson, but words only go so far. Remember when Marvin Lewis said Dennard was the best/most ready CB that ever came in under him? We're on year 4 and he still isn't a starter.

who's to say he wasn't ?  honestly that guy has been injured so much we will never know.  Compared to kirkpatrik he was probably a CB savant lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 11:46 AM)Okeana Wrote: who's to say he wasn't ?  honestly that guy has been injured so much we will never know.  Compared to kirkpatrik he was probably a CB savant lol

Yeah injuries aside the players that make an immediate impact on coaches and the press usually turn out good.  So far that really has only been Lawson and a little bit Mixon - who is out of shape...

So as of now the guy who I think has the best chance to impact is Lawson.  We'll have to wait on Ross and Mixon
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson is bfine's favorite pick in the draft

Carl Lawson was taken in the 4th Round and we often find gold there (Peko, Geno, Clint)

Carl Lawson will be as good as James Harrison barring injury
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I love our draft. I love the Lawson 4th round pick. He reminds more of a Steelers or Ravens type player. Big, strong, nasty with versatility to play LB or DE. Can the coaches use him properly becomes the question in my mind.

He reminds me of Suggs or Harrison. If his performance is close to either in 2 to 3 years, I would be ecstatic. But I hope we give him time to develop and fans stay off him, he is 4th round pick, not a top 5 NFL pick.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love our draft. I love the Lawson 4th round pick. He reminds more of a Steelers or Ravens type player. Bi, strong, nasty with versatility to play LB or DE. Can the coaches use him properly becomes the question in my mind.

He reminds me of Suggs or Harrison. If his performance is close to either in 2 to 3 years, I would be ecstatic. But I hope we give him time to develop and fans stay off him, he is  4th round pick, not a top 5 NFL pick.

He's Bi? What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 01:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He's Bi? What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?

EVERYTHING. Ninja
Reply/Quote
He began the year as a first rounder. Typical Bengal pick. The talent is truly there. The flag is his injury past.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that the articles about Lawson are just hype propaganda.

Lawson was a first round talent who, if healthy 3 straight years rather than injured, would have been probably been a first rounder. Lawson was the #1 DE prospect coming out of high school and has been a badass since he was a kid.

That's not hype, that's just how it is.

I think that Bengals fans will realize quickly who The Law Dog is and he will be seeing the field early. MONSTER player and I think could be the steal of the draft for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 01:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He's Bi? What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?

OK, cute

I meant Big and that was meant for his 260 Lb. size and nothing to do with sexual anything
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, cute

I meant Big and that was meant for his 260 Lb. size and nothing to do with sexual anything

Oooook, pal. If you say so. Man, it's 2017. Don't be afraid, "Loving IT". You can be who you are! We will embrace you. Especially Fred.
Reply/Quote
I don't usually get wrapped up in preseason hype around a 4th round pick, but I do have a good feeling about Lawson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

This is ridiculous! You know what he was talking about. Back on the mothership, I commented on something to do with coaches and since I was looking for a new couch, auto correct changed it. Maybe it was just his auto correct man Ninja JK Luvnit we love ya! EDIT: It was 2 pages of funny comments about couches after that.

For Lawson, the hype seems pretty strong even being a 4th rounder. We can all hope and that's what I will be doing.
Reply/Quote

BOOM!! Mind blown. Bubble burst.
Reply/Quote

Well, he did also mention versatility.  Meaning he can play in the up position, as well as being comfortable in the down position. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All joking aside, Lawson is likely my favorite selection for the Bengals this draft class. Just hoping he gets into the regular action early and often.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

In dennards defense he had 4 good veteran players in front of him. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote