Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor Debut
I thought Lazor was underwhelming in his debut. He did some things I liked such as more screens and counters...but in the 1st half taking deep shots to Green opened the offense up. Also, they did quick slants that worked. He totally went away from this in the 2nd half.

Mixon had a lot of carries and averaged 3.4 ypc. There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz. He went into a run-the-ball shell in the 2nd half and it costed us the game.

WE MUST TAKE DEEP SHOTS TO GREEN!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if those calls were from Lazor or Marvin. The definite lack of testosterone felt like Marvin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, he's had a week, so.....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder if those calls were from Lazor or Marvin. The definite lack of testosterone felt like Marvin.

I doubt that Marvin calls the offense.
Reply/Quote
Were limited in what we can run because of our offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to watch the game, but I have to wonder what type of defense green bay was playing in the 2nd half. The secondary could have cut off the deep balls if they were calling defensive schemes to defend it.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's Dalton's job to audible out of running into the blitz, lol.

Hard to take deep shots when your QB can't throw deep with any accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I didn't get to watch the game, but I have to wonder what type of defense green bay was playing in the 2nd half. The secondary could have cut off the deep balls if they were calling defensive schemes to defend it.

I didn't see them doing that. If they were covering deep...we would have been able to run better and throw short, quick passes.

I just didn't see the Bengals take shots.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Lazor was underwhelming in his debut. He did some things I liked such as more screens and counters...but in the 1st half taking deep shots to Green opened the offense up. Also, they did quick slants that worked. He totally went away from this in the 2nd half.

Mixon had a lot of carries and averaged 3.4 ypc. There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz. He went into a run-the-ball shell in the 2nd half and it costed us the game.

Almost 100% sure that it was a Marvin thing. We've had 5 different OCs under Marvin now, and 4 of them did the exact same thing with a lead after halftime, which was shut down and go conservative. Hue was the only one who I felt didn't.

That second half of run-run-run-punt and run-run-pass-punt with a lead were brutally Marvin, and as always, depressing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gotta say, while I know that Dalton isn't a world beater, I would cut him slack because of the play calling and O-Line.

But hearing Tony Romo essentially expose some of Dalton's more glaring deficiencies was depressing. Missing wide open receivers and not checking out of runs that we're going right at the blitz. He wasn't the reason that we lost today, but he should have been the reason we won.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Gotta say, while I know that Dalton isn't a world beater, I would cut him slack because of the play calling and O-Line.

But hearing Tony Romo essentially expose some of Dalton's more glaring deficiencies was depressing. Missing wide open receivers and not checking out of runs that we're going right at the blitz. He wasn't the reason that we lost today, but he should have been the reason we won.

You hit the nail on the head. He's a better Jon Kitna. He plays just well enough to lose a game.

You just knew that Rodgers wouldn't let his team lose.
Reply/Quote
Does anybody know how many total second half points we've scored since the beginning of last season? I feel like it's very few.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought Lazor was underwhelming in his debut. He did some things I liked such as more screens and counters...but in the 1st half taking deep shots to Green opened the offense up. Also, they did quick slants that worked. He totally went away from this in the 2nd half.

What does every OC Marvin has ever had have in common?  Taking the foot off the gas in the second half.  Must just be a really big coincidence.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It was nice to see Mixon do stuff but his constant "I'm eating soup!" motion got irksome.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It was nice to see Mixon do stuff but his constant "I'm eating soup!" motion got irksome.

I did not care much for that either. 

Mixon did show today on a couple carries what he can do if he isn't being hit in the backfield.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:39 PM)McC Wrote: I did not care much for that either. 

Mixon did show today on a couple carries what he can do if he isn't being hit in the backfield.

I appreciate his enthusiasm but damn get back to the huddle.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I appreciate his enthusiasm but damn get back to the huddle.  

Yep.  Maybe a guy in his unique position keeps a lower profile.

Reply/Quote
Mixon can be special, I like that he got a lot of touches. Lazor looked better, but the second half was bad

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, he's had a week, so.....

(09-24-2017, 10:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Were limited in what we can run because of our offensive line.

Yup and yup.

This thread needs to be put on ice.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:53 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Mixon can be special, I like that he got a lot of touches.  Lazor looked better, but the second half was bad

I don't know... he has the shake and move that draws you in with temptation, but he runs surprisingly weak for a 230lb RB. I was shocked at how easily he went down on a couple carries. Like he was touched and went down like he was shot.

Also wish he'd chill it with the celebration for every 5 yard carry, even more so since Mixon is currently 3rd of the three RBs on the team with 3.1 YPC this season. (Hill 3.5, Bernard 5.1)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote