Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor breaks down the lack of Mixon's carries.
(10-24-2017, 02:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 0 targets in the second half while it was still a game.
Mixon had 0 touches when it was a one score game.

Bull ***** shit. 

We took them away ourselves. 

Wasn't the first INT in the second half targeted at Green?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He does realize that you can actually THROW the ball to Mixon.

Maybe a screen pass to slow down those pass rushers that you can't block. Maybe a wheel route. Gee, maybe something creative.

And don't tell me you can't run the ball down 12 points. Geez, score once and its a 1 possession game. Cripes, they were down 2 scores for most of the second half, it's not like it happened with 3 minutes to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lazor "brought up" the passing game plenty in the link. If you think a link that refers often to the passing game is a non-QB discussion then that's your right I suppose. I just felt the topic of the OP should be considered. 

Yes, Lazor brought up the passing game. The PASSING GAME, not the QB. Hate to break this to you, but the problems in the passng game are more complex than just the "QB is inefficient". The first and biggest is the OL, but I didn't see you mention them. Nor the WR and their issues getting open. Just the QB. In a discussion centered on Mixon and on Lazor being more explanatory than Lewis, you took the opportunity to take a dig at Dalton. It's these things that separate the Dalton haters from the truly objective.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, Lazor brought up the passing game. The PASSING GAME, not the QB. Hate to break this to you, but the problems in the passng game are more complex than just the "QB is inefficient". The first and biggest is the OL, but I didn't see you mention them. Nor the WR and their issues getting open. Just the QB. In a discussion centered on Mixon and on Lazor being more explanatory than Lewis, you took the opportunity to take a dig at Dalton. It's these things that separate the Dalton haters from the truly objective.

As I said if you feel a discussing about the PASSING GAME can be had without mention of the QB then that is on you. 

I'll bet you have no problem talking about the QB in the PASSING GAME in the first half. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wasn't the first INT in the second half targeted at Green?

Yes.....and rolled off his freaking back! LOL.  That's when I said, "enough".  I knew then the bounces would not go our way.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think they were going with the hot hand as Andy the passing game looked great in the first half. I would have loved to see them come out and try to establish the running game in the second half but perhaps Marvin is not conservative enough. 

Why did you cross through Andy?  Even Romo was gushing over him.  The same Romo that correctly called him out in Green Bay. Mellow

That said, Mixon has a breakout run, so I guess you could argue it either way.  I would have liked some ground pounding as well.  The passing game and Dalton were not very good in the second half.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He does realize that you can actually THROW the ball to Mixon.  

Maybe a screen pass to slow down those pass rushers that you can't block.  Maybe a wheel route.  Gee, maybe something creative.

And don't tell me you can't run the ball down 12 points.  Geez, score once and its a 1 possession game.  Cripes, they were down 2 scores for most of the second half, it's not like it happened with 3 minutes to go.

Yes, I did not like that answer as well.  That said, they did target Mixon twice in the passing game in the second half, according to what I read.  Merv said he fumbled one of those, but we fell on it.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) As I said if you feel a discussing about the PASSING GAME can be had without mention of the QB then that is on you. 

2) I'll bet you have no problem talking about the QB in the PASSING GAME in the first half. 

1) The discussion wasn't about the passing game. It was about Mixon and Lazor's response to him. But, hey, Dalton haters are also known for making discussions that aren't about the QB, about the QB. Not sayinig you're a Dalton hater. Just bringing up a fact about Dalton haters since we're in the middle of a discussion about DALTON HATERS. ThumbsUp

2) I have no problem with anyone talking about the QB in the PASSING GAME in any half of any game. I just don't see why the QB is the only part of the PASSING GAME brought up in a discussion about Mixon and Lazor's response to him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why did you cross through Andy?  Even Romo was gushing over him.  The same Romo that correctly called him out in Green Bay. Mellow

Out of respect to Phil. He doesn't like mentioning only the QB when discussing the passing game. 

Reply/Quote
My man Marvin gets it, He's been around the game enough to know that when someone says "I should get the ball more" they are dissing the rest of the offense:

Quote:“You should show maturity just like everybody else,” Lewis said, via the team’s website. “Everybody wants to be out there all the time. But we’re not going to create a run when we are down by 12 or 15. We’re not going to create it. I saw a ball go on the ground when he received two balls thrown to him, which are the same situation. We got to handle it all the time the correct way, and be strong enough to not be led into questions after the game, which unfortunately he doesn’t know enough about.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marvin-lewis-joe-mixon-show-140237037.html

Now just get the QB to tell him to know his role, such as a Ben, Brady, or Rodgers would do.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think they were going with the hot hand as Andy the passing game looked great in the first half. I would have loved to see them come out and try to establish the running game in the second half but perhaps Marvin is not conservative enough. 

Mixon also had a couple nice catches to go with his runs. He was major reason they moved the ball in the first half. There was no reason for him not to get the first series after halftime.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which is why I don't get letting Hill start the halves......

It's nuts !!!

Jeremy Hill needs to be the 3rd string back, PERIOD. We're going to struggle for every yard we gain on the ground. Hill does not have the moves, agility, speed, vision, agility and so on to get much done with our bozo's up front.

Mixon and Gio should be the only backs getting any snaps !

And nice to hear Lazor talking about what happened to the running game. I believe he's glossing it over a bit but still.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My man Marvin gets it, He's been around the game enough to know that when someone says "I should get the ball more" they are dissing the rest of the offense:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/marvin-lewis-joe-mixon-show-140237037.html

Now just get the QB to tell him to know his role, such as a Ben, Brady, or Rodgers would do.

Damn....you never give it a rest do ya? LOL

Reply/Quote