Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth?
After a year of hardly seeing Ryan Hewitt on the field, new OC Bill Lazor is re-visiting the fullback position.  You guys know I like reading this....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/07/bill-lazor-bengals-thinking-about-fullback-again/

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey now, He's an all-star.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we're going to test the limits of that new helmet rule, by re-emphasizing the power rushing attack.

I like that in a coach. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
BRING BACK THE FULLBACKS TO OUR TEAM. The extinct position of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 01:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like we're going to test the limits of that new helmet rule, by re-emphasizing the power rushing attack.

I like that in a coach.  ThumbsUp

Seems this whole new group of coaches are looking to make the team a more aggressive one.  Here's to hoping it's not all talk.....

Reply/Quote
Hewitt has mostly been a positive when on the field.

opening holes or Catching passes... Want to see more of him. Was surprised he wasn't used more to help get a run game going last year.
Reply/Quote
Liking this, we always seem to run the ball better when Hewitt is on the field. He has that want to hit the Defender
attitude that some players lack. Really like Hewitt and i think since we paid him he has been under utilized.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hewitt has mostly been  a positive when on the field.

opening holes or Catching passes...   Want to see more of him.   Was surprised he wasn't used more to help get a run game going last year.

Didn't he get bogged down with some nagging type injuries that limited his effectiveness/playing time last year?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't he get bogged down with some nagging type injuries that limited his effectiveness/playing time last year?

That is what I thought. I know he was battling something going into the season then got hurt against I believe it was the first Browns game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.
Reply/Quote
His spot was probably also taken by whoever was responsible for shoring up the wonderful o-line last year...that mythical 6th offensive lineman.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 09:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.

What's hype about saying you're going to use the FB more?  Mellow

Reply/Quote
FBs are manly.  Only MANLY men play fullback in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
This is good stuff. Hewitt is a great athlete with a good attitude and a purpose and Lazor getting him involved will make this offense better.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 09:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.

Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: After a year of hardly seeing Ryan Hewitt on the field, new OC Bill Lazor is re-visiting the fullback position.  You guys know I like reading this....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/07/bill-lazor-bengals-thinking-about-fullback-again/

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 08:02 PM)Synric Wrote: That is what I thought. I know he was battling something going into the season then got hurt against I believe it was the first Browns game.

Possible I don't remember any of that.... but makes some sense. as to why we didn't se more of him with eifert out like we had in past seasons
Reply/Quote

I hear ya.  I'm optimistic and things absolutely HAVE to be better after last year, but I also have to admit that if Steelers/Browns/Ravens fans were getting pumped about retaining their OC of the 32nd ranked offense we'd be laughing our arses off.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 08:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue

I think the reality you're talking about happens in the first 15 minutes.
Reply/Quote

As Wyche asked, where is the hype? We always ran the ball better with a healthy Hewitt on the field.

It is what happened. Mellow

(06-08-2018, 08:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue

It will take some time for the new coaches and players to gel. To think otherwise is silly honestly.

Replacing Zamp with Lazor and PA with Pollack sure is sounding like upgrades to me though.

(06-08-2018, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I'm optimistic and things absolutely HAVE to be better after last year, but I also have to admit that if Steelers/Browns/Ravens fans were getting pumped about retaining their OC of the 32nd ranked offense we'd be laughing our arses off.

Lazor inherited Zamp's shitty ass frankenstein playbook during a season where he had the worst O-line in football.

Kind of hard for me to judge the man being put into that situation.
Reply/Quote