Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? (/Thread-Lazor-bringing-back-a-little-smashmouth)

Pages: 1 2

Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-07-2018

After a year of hardly seeing Ryan Hewitt on the field, new OC Bill Lazor is re-visiting the fullback position.  You guys know I like reading this....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/07/bill-lazor-bengals-thinking-about-fullback-again/

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - fredtoast - 06-07-2018

Hey now, He's an all-star.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - SunsetBengal - 06-07-2018

Looks like we're going to test the limits of that new helmet rule, by re-emphasizing the power rushing attack.

I like that in a coach. ThumbsUp

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Bengalitis - 06-07-2018

BRING BACK THE FULLBACKS TO OUR TEAM. The extinct position of the NFL.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like we're going to test the limits of that new helmet rule, by re-emphasizing the power rushing attack.

I like that in a coach.  ThumbsUp

Seems this whole new group of coaches are looking to make the team a more aggressive one.  Here's to hoping it's not all talk.....

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - XenoMorph - 06-07-2018

Hewitt has mostly been a positive when on the field.

opening holes or Catching passes... Want to see more of him. Was surprised he wasn't used more to help get a run game going last year.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-07-2018

Liking this, we always seem to run the ball better when Hewitt is on the field. He has that want to hit the Defender
attitude that some players lack. Really like Hewitt and i think since we paid him he has been under utilized.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - SunsetBengal - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hewitt has mostly been  a positive when on the field.

opening holes or Catching passes...   Want to see more of him.   Was surprised he wasn't used more to help get a run game going last year.

Didn't he get bogged down with some nagging type injuries that limited his effectiveness/playing time last year?

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Synric - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't he get bogged down with some nagging type injuries that limited his effectiveness/playing time last year?

That is what I thought. I know he was battling something going into the season then got hurt against I believe it was the first Browns game.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - CornerBlitz - 06-07-2018

I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - grampahol - 06-07-2018

His spot was probably also taken by whoever was responsible for shoring up the wonderful o-line last year...that mythical 6th offensive lineman.. 

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 09:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.

What's hype about saying you're going to use the FB more?  Mellow

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Bilbo Saggins - 06-08-2018

FBs are manly.  Only MANLY men play fullback in the NFL.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - HarleyDog - 06-08-2018

This is good stuff. Hewitt is a great athlete with a good attitude and a purpose and Lazor getting him involved will make this offense better.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Bengalitis - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 09:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'll start believing all this hype come September when the games are actually played.

Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - ochocincos - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: After a year of hardly seeing Ryan Hewitt on the field, new OC Bill Lazor is re-visiting the fullback position.  You guys know I like reading this....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/07/bill-lazor-bengals-thinking-about-fullback-again/

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - XenoMorph - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 08:02 PM)Synric Wrote: That is what I thought. I know he was battling something going into the season then got hurt against I believe it was the first Browns game.

Possible I don't remember any of that.... but makes some sense. as to why we didn't se more of him with eifert out like we had in past seasons

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Nately120 - 06-08-2018

I hear ya.  I'm optimistic and things absolutely HAVE to be better after last year, but I also have to admit that if Steelers/Browns/Ravens fans were getting pumped about retaining their OC of the 32nd ranked offense we'd be laughing our arses off.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - 3wt - 06-08-2018

(06-08-2018, 08:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue

I think the reality you're talking about happens in the first 15 minutes.

RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-08-2018

As Wyche asked, where is the hype? We always ran the ball better with a healthy Hewitt on the field.

It is what happened. Mellow

(06-08-2018, 08:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Don't be silly, being a bengal fan,  the hype is most enjoyed and relished throughout until game 1. Then we go from hype to reality mode in 3 hours. Tongue

It will take some time for the new coaches and players to gel. To think otherwise is silly honestly.

Replacing Zamp with Lazor and PA with Pollack sure is sounding like upgrades to me though.

(06-08-2018, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I'm optimistic and things absolutely HAVE to be better after last year, but I also have to admit that if Steelers/Browns/Ravens fans were getting pumped about retaining their OC of the 32nd ranked offense we'd be laughing our arses off.

Lazor inherited Zamp's shitty ass frankenstein playbook during a season where he had the worst O-line in football.

Kind of hard for me to judge the man being put into that situation.