Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le'Veon Bell Missed "Several" Tests
Ian Rapoport is reporting that Bell didn't miss one test, he MISSED SEVERAL!

Dude's an idiot!!!!!

Making Steelers fans proud!
Quote:Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell claimed last month that he never missed a drug test. He reportedly missed more than one.

Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network that Bell missed “several” drug tests.

Bell was already in the NFL’s substance-abuse program and was suspended for the first two games of last season in connection with a 2014 arrest for marijuana possession and DUI. Players who have never violated the policy are generally only tested for drugs of abuse once a year, but players who are already in the policy, like Bell, are subject to many tests.

Bell is appealing the suspension, but realistically, it’s hard to see why he would win an appeal: The NFL’s drug-testing policy makes clear that players are required to make themselves available to drug testing, and a player who misses several tests has clearly violated the policy. Missing one test could be a miscommunication. Missing several tests is a lot harder to explain away.

What I don't get is, it's a three-strike policy, and on the third strike, a player would get banned for a year or more. We've only heard about the four-game suspension, but this would go way beyond that and not only be the third strike, but however many more, so shouldn't he be punished for more than a year? If that's true and he's not punished more than a year, it will just show the NFL's bias towards the Steelers and how Goodell needs to grow a pair of cajones.
He'll get it reduced to 2. Then he'll smoke 2 joints before he smokes 2 joints, and then he'll smoke 2 more.
(07-24-2016, 10:37 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He'll get it reduced to 2. Then he'll smoke 2 joints before he smokes 2 joints, and then he'll smoke 2 more.

He'll probably get it reduced WHILE smoking joints with Goodell.
(07-24-2016, 11:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He'll probably get it reduced WHILE smoking joints with Goodell.

.... and Rooney.
The verdict is in. This guy is dumber than dumb. Headed down Lawrence Phillips Blvd. Million dollar talent, ten cent brain.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

I think the several tests will be lumped into ONE offense..... Unfortunately.
(07-24-2016, 02:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the several tests will be lumped into ONE offense..... Unfortunately.

Gotta wonder if the Bengals, or any other team for that matter, would be afforded the same convenience.  
(07-24-2016, 02:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the several tests will be lumped into ONE offense..... Unfortunately.

Meh whatever, all the more reason for not reducing the amount of games suspended.

Its hard to argue a "miscommunication" when you missed multiple as opposed to missing only one. Missing multiple is obviously avoiding the test which is reason enough to believe he's going to fail.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Well Bell says he won't miss any games:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/leveon-bell-says-he-wont-be-missing-games/

Of course he didn't know it was illegal to smoke dope while driving, so we might want to take this with a grain of salt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-25-2016, 11:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Bell says he won't miss any games:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/leveon-bell-says-he-wont-be-missing-games/

Of course he didn't know it was illegal to smoke dope while driving, so we might want to take this with a grain of salt.

Saw this.. Pretty laughable.

If somehow he walks away without a suspension, then i'll lose any faith that I had left that there is some competency still left with the people running the league.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
(07-24-2016, 10:37 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He'll get it reduced to 2. Then he'll smoke 2 joints before he smokes 2 joints, and then he'll smoke 2 more.

Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(07-25-2016, 11:55 AM)wildcats forever Wrote:

Sadly, I only knew this tune from 40oz to Freedom. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(07-24-2016, 09:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gotta wonder if the Bengals, or any other team for that matter, would be afforded the same convenience.  

Just ask New England.

If Bell actually gets off, they're going to be pissed.
(07-25-2016, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sadly, I only knew this tune from 40oz to Freedom. 
Don't worry... Most people don't know any reggae musicians not named Bob Marley.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-25-2016, 11:53 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If somehow he walks away without a suspension, then i'll lose any faith that I had left that there is some competency still left with the people running the league.

This is comical.

You DO realize he's already been suspended?  Why would you suspend him if you planned or expected to overturn YOURSELF on appeal?
--------------------------------------------------------

I was on a site that had the policy, the 4 game suspension is tied into several missed meetings, there is no lumping them in.. looks pretty cut and dry.. 4 game suspension
Fantasy projections have gone up in smoke.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-26-2016, 11:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is comical.

You DO realize he's already been suspended?  Why would you suspend him if you planned or expected to overturn YOURSELF on appeal?

Uh...no?

But anyway he hasn't had his appeal yet and there is a neutral person who hears the appeal now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-27-2016, 04:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Uh...no?

But anyway he hasn't had his appeal yet and there is a neutral person who hears the appeal now.

What's his excuse going to be?  That he had a new phone and no one knew the number each time they tried to test him?  He does realize that they could just call the Steelers and get his new number, right?  Even if they didn't have it on-hand for the first one, don't you think they would have been calling everyone that knows him to get it to avoid a suspension of one of their best players?

This isn't 1640 where the only way to contact people is to send a horseback rider with mail.

Furthermore, don't you think he would have thought to say "hey, maybe I should give them my new number?"  Not to mention that he missed a lot, and do you seriously think the NFL wouldn't have contacted him somehow and he would have told them the new number?
(07-27-2016, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What's his excuse going to be?  That he had a new phone and no one knew the number each time they tried to test him?  He does realize that they could just call the Steelers and get his new number, right?  Even if they didn't have it on-hand for the first one, don't you think they would have been calling everyone that knows him to get it to avoid a suspension of one of their best players?

This isn't 1640 where the only way to contact people is to send a horseback rider with mail.

Furthermore, don't you think he would have thought to say "hey, maybe I should give them my new number?"  Not to mention that he missed a lot, and do you seriously think the NFL wouldn't have contacted him somehow and he would have told them the new number?

I don't know what the answer to any of your questions are.

Neither do you.

I do know he has not be suspended yet and still has an appeal in front of a neutral arbitrator to go to.

Everything else is being released by the NFL which they are not to do and without anything to back it up yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.