Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left -vs- Right
I saw this diagram and thought it was pretty spot on. Who from either side of the fence would disagree with the analysis of their position?

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/left-vs-right-us/

[Image: 1276_left_right_usa.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
A little to black and white in my opinion. There are plenty of Democrats who are religious and devout Christians and Jews. There are plenty of Republicans that are professors and scientists and architects. My loudest guffaw came from the part that says conservatives don't interfere with society or social lives.
(07-02-2015, 09:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My loudest guffaw came from the part that says conservatives don't interfere with society or social lives.

My interpretation is that the Right doesn't want them interfered with. 

I dont think you can put liberals on the blue side any longer. Liberals are the exact opposite of progressives.

Liberals would be that group that dances both groups. Right leaning Dems And left leaning GOP.
It always gets me that the left is seen as non-religious. Virtually every powerful liberal politician is affiliated with a religion. Blacks and Hispanics are overwhelmingly left wing and Christian. Muslim get plenty of sympathy from the left. The left doesn't use the church or Bible to justify political positions the way the right does, but secular progressives are small portion of the left.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-02-2015, 09:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It always gets me that the left is seen as non-religious. Virtually every powerful liberal politician is affiliated with a religion. Blacks and Hispanics are overwhelmingly left wing and Christian. Muslim get plenty of sympathy from the left. The left doesn't use the church or Bible to justify political positions the way the right does, but secular progressives are small portion of the left.

Where does the chart say that the Left is non-religious? It says 78% vote God. It just states they have a more non-conventional approach. I see that here all the time. 

(07-02-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where does the chart say that the Left is non-religious? It says 78% vote God. It just states they have a more non-conventional approach. I see that here all the time. 

But there are lots of conventional religious democrats, mostly in the catholic and Jewish branches of religion. Is being catholic or Jewish considered non-conventional now?
My mom is one of them. As christian as thou, but she follows the teachings of Jesus. She is more liberal than I am though, lol. I love that about her. "Liberal" should not be a dirty word. But, I can see that liberal thinking is considered evil. Liberal thinking is not evil. Liberal thinking is "free" thinking.
(07-02-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where does the chart say that the Left is non-religious? It says 78% vote God. It just states they have a more non-conventional approach. I see that here all the time. 

It says their beliefs are "scientific, non-organized, unconventional." 
I think its funny that we feel the need to define people as one or the other.
(07-03-2015, 10:29 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think its funny that we feel the need to define people as one or the other.

Rep.

I think this comes from the fact that we only have two major political parties in this country.  It is kind of messed up, but I don't see any way it is going to change anytime soon.  
(07-03-2015, 03:38 AM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: My mom is one of them. As christian as thou, but she follows the teachings of Jesus. She is more liberal than I am though, lol. I love that about her. "Liberal" should not be a dirty word. But, I can see that liberal thinking is considered evil. Liberal thinking is not evil. Liberal thinking is  "free" thinking.

That one always makes me laugh LOL
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(07-03-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

I think this comes from the fact that we only have two major political parties in this country.  It is kind of messed up, but I don't see any way it is going to change anytime soon.  

North Korea has elections with 1 candidate on the ballot. In America, we get 2 choices. 

[Image: 61561595.jpg]
This chart is unfair to the right when it comes to foreign policy and too forgiving to the left. It's a joke to call the left "doves" and say they support peace.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-03-2015, 10:29 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think its funny that we feel the need to define people as one or the other.

True, but lots of people are happy to let everyone know which side they are on, too.
Aqua...dont take my posts too seriously. Tongue
The democrats are not "left". You have a right party and a center party. That's it. Believe me, I'm European.
"Communism" and "Democrats" on one side, that just looks absurd.

-- OK, Bernie Sanders might be a bit left.
(07-05-2015, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Believe me, I'm European.

I used to use that line to get laid.
(07-03-2015, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Stop voting for democrats and vote third party.

and I totally agree with you on the current system of parties..... We need more parties. Wish more would vote 3rd party.
(07-05-2015, 12:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: The democrats are not "left". You have a right party and a center party. That's it. Believe me, I'm European.
"Communism" and "Democrats" on one side, that just looks absurd.

-- OK, Bernie Sanders might be a bit left.

Democrats have been taken over by the progressives. There is no "democrats"