Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftists reckoning over Bill Clintons sex assault allegations
(11-20-2017, 03:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Curious as to why you didn't post the follow up Tweet?

I can't answer for the person who you're quoting but I can say this.  I wasn't especially impressed with the GOP lawmaker who pulled an about face on same sex marriage once his son came out as gay.  An issue shouldn't have to affect you directly for you to have empathy for those normally affected by it.  If Handler, a self identified crusader for women's rights, didn't know about Broderick it's because she chose not to know.  It's not like Broderick was brought up numerous times during the last presidential election, right?  Handler is a conniving, self aggrandizing, sanctimonious "crusader".  If you believe her now then I've got some prime real estate in Mosul to sell you.
(11-20-2017, 08:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can't answer for the person who you're quoting but I can say this.  I wasn't especially impressed with the GOP lawmaker who pulled an about face on same sex marriage once his son came out as gay.  An issue shouldn't have to affect you directly for you to have empathy for those normally affected by it. 

Agreed...but unfortunately, I think pretty much everyone has been guilty of it to one degree or another.

Quote: If Handler, a self identified crusader for women's rights, didn't know about Broderick it's because she chose not to know.  It's not like Broderick was brought up numerous times during the last presidential election, right?  Handler is a conniving, self aggrandizing, sanctimonious "crusader".  If you believe her now then I've got some prime real estate in Mosul to sell you.

Yeah brother, I'm not really concerned with whether she did or didn't know Broderick's story. I'm not a Handler fan, and I'm sure as hell not a Bill Clinton fan. But...I do believe there needs to be a better effort at providing full context so that people can make a better informed judgement.

It's not just here in PnR - it's happening everywhere information gets conveyed or talked about, and on both sides of the political aisle. I'm just sick of this current environment where seemingly everything gets parsed or slanted to meet the person's or organization's ideological point of view.
(11-20-2017, 09:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed...but unfortunately, I think pretty much everyone has been guilty of it to one degree or another.

Not everyone, but your point is well taken.

Quote:Yeah brother, I'm not really concerned with whether she dose or doesn't know Broderick's story. I'm not a Handler fan, and I'm sure as hell not a Bill Clinton fan. But...I do believe there needs to be a better effort at providing full context so that people can make a better informed judgement.

We agree on this.  The question then becomes, who should be providing said context?

Quote:It's not just here in PnR - it's happening everywhere information gets conveyed or talked about, and on both sides of the political aisle. I'm just sick of this current environment where seemingly everything gets parsed or slanted to meet the person's or organization's ideological point of view.

I could not agree more.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  I've never been attacked to the degree I have since the last election cycle.  It seems that disagreement with your former compatriots, even to a slight degree, is far worse than being a sworn enemy from the jump.  Anyone who demands ideological purity is in the wrong.  The idea that one political point of view can be right on every subject is childishly inane.  Yet, it appears many demand that exact level of servitude.
(11-20-2017, 09:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I could not agree more.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  I've never been attacked to the degree I have since the last election cycle.  It seems that disagreement with your former compatriots, even to a slight degree, is far worse than being a sworn enemy from the jump.  Anyone who demands ideological purity is in the wrong.  The idea that one political point of view can be right on every subject is childishly inane.  Yet, it appears many demand that exact level of servitude.

Yeah, it's almost like you have to be 'all in' to one camp or another anymore. There's not much tolerance for just making judgments based on the individual person, policy or proposal.

For instance, I think Trump is a vulgar human being and to this point, a incompetent President. However, if he comes out tomorrow and proposes something that I think is good for our country, I'd support him on that. I don't need to like him in order to like something he may do.