Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legit Top 10 Picks who could fall to 9
Adams seems legit to be picked before us.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Disagree. If Garrett was the clear #1 it would have been leaked by now. Right now we are hearing they are seriously considering Trubisky. There is no advantage to faking it at pick #1 if Garrett is their guy.

Garrett is the clear number 1. Only haslem's idiocy is making this an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:19 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Garrett is the clear number 1.  Only haslem's idiocy is making this an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, if there was no chance they went another direction it would already be known. We know by now every year when that is the case. You can blame Haslem, but there are rumors it is the whole front office. Basically coaches want Garrett and FO wants Trubisky.  I am just saying people every year think they know whats going to happen, and it never goes as planned.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:17 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Adams seems legit to be picked before us.

Agreed, but if he is there I would pull the trigger.  Seems like a stud safety can almost instantly turn a secondary around. 

Earl Thomas, Eric berry, Ed reed, polomaulu.

I'd also be happy with OJ Howard.  

Basically I want whoever has the greatest probability of being a hall of famer when the career is all said and done.  And Howard & Adams seem like he best for for who MAY fall.  Neither may be a hall of famer, but they might be the best package of talent and off the field character 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:36 PM)J24 Wrote: I see Solomon Thomas falling. His size, lack of position, and  lack of production( it wasn't bad but not has great as others)  will hurt him. I don't think it should but teams will look at those things and get scared from drafting him. To me he is the next Geno, Donald, and Suh.

And if he does fall, and I think there's a chance of it, I kind of hope we allow him to continue to fall.

He's one of the most overrated prospects in the entire draft class.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And if he does fall, and I think there's a chance of it, I kind of hope we allow him to continue to fall.

I'd take him, but if he falls I am with a team who really wants him. Denver at 20 would be a good fit as I think he could be a dominate 3-4 end, plus has versatility for some hybrid packages.
Reply/Quote
I think one of Thomas or Allen fall to us at #9 and that is who we pick. Even though both guys would get snaps on the inside I do think both can play Defensive End as well. They are both top 5 talents in this draft so landing one at #9 would be ideal for me.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Disagree. If Garrett was the clear #1 it would have been leaked by now. Right now we are hearing they are seriously considering Trubisky. There is no advantage to faking it at pick #1 if Garrett is their guy.

We are hearing this info from whom? You're incredibly trusting. Teams lie and posture for this stuff all the time. I just don't believe the media on these reports. I, you, we have no idea what is what. If you want to trust media reports on some of the biggest kept secrets in sports... go for it.

Teams wait until the last minute to do this stuff all the time. Even last year people debated up until the last minute over who the #1 pick was going to be. Usually nobody knows until the time the pick is called.
Reply/Quote
I just hope a QB falls and someone wants to jump Buffalo and trade with us

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: We are hearing this info from whom? You're incredibly trusting. Teams lie and posture for this stuff all the time. I just don't believe the media on these reports. I, you, we have no idea what is what. If you want to trust media reports on some of the biggest kept secrets in sports... go for it.

Teams wait until the last minute to do this stuff all the time. Even last year people debated up until the last minute over who the #1 pick was going to be. Usually nobody knows until the time the pick is called.

Because it's logic, as pointed out by former GM's (multiple ones at that). There is no reason to hide Garrett being number 1 if he isn't #1, there is nothing to gain, if anything it allows teams to make big offers for him if they want him. If there was no decision to be made then it wouldn't be a discussion, but multiple sources from multiple outlets reporting make think it;s true. They may take Garrett in the end, but to act like it's not in question is just as naive as believing the reports based on your logic.

Last year it was leaked Goff was the pick around the 20th/21st a full week out from the draft. Obviously it wasn't set in stone but most were confident to report it. We knew Winston was the pick a few days out that year as well. It really isn't that well kept a secret.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 02:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because it's logic, as pointed out by former GM's (multiple ones at that). There is no reason to hide Garrett being number 1 if he isn't #1, there is nothing to gain, if anything it allows teams to make big offers for him if they want him. If there was no decision to be made then it wouldn't be a discussion, but multiple sources from multiple outlets reporting make think it;s true. They may take Garrett in the end, but to act like it's not in question is just as naive as believing the reports based on your logic.

Last year it was leaked Goff was the pick around the 20th/21st a full week out from the draft. Obviously it wasn't set in stone but most were confident to report it. We knew Winston was the pick a few days out that year as well. It really isn't that well kept a secret.

It's not logical to give away your pick at all! There is ZERO advantage to it.

- If the 49ers or Bears want Trubisky they could trade with the Browns and flip picks to get him. It makes sense for the Browns to float rumors. Garrett doesn't fit what the 49ers do on D and the Browns would know if they would take Garrett or not. Same with the Bears.

- The 49ers may think the Bears want Trubisky as well, in which case they float that they are all about him or the the Browns want him so that they can trade back if the Bears or some other team panics. We don't know who these sources are that keep floating things. A Browns rumor doesn't have to come from the Browns  -or any other rumor about any other team. It could come from another organization and the reporter gobbles it up and spews it out there.

It makes ZERO sense for the Browns to say one freaking honest word about who they are taking. The Goff example is ONE... ONE where the Rams tipped their hand and said they were taking him. Even then it was debatable as to if they were being honest.

2015 - Winston or Mariota? Nobody knew.
2014 - Clowney was in the same spot Garrett is. Hyped up DE way better than anyone else. But there was debate there between he and Bortles until the selection was made.
2013 - No one knew or said who was going 1st. 3 OTs went in the 1st 4 picks. 
2012 - Andrew Luck vs. Griffen III was debated up until the night before or mornign of the draft. Nobody spoke of who they were taking.
2011 - Cam Newton was in the same deal. Allll sorts fo BS being thrown out through "sources" to try to get him to fall. Agents say things to try and get them to rise.

It's a HUGE poker game and I love it. It's more interesting than the season to me at this point. I mean, we all know how the season ends. The BEngals drop out in the 1st round and Marvin goes 0-8! This is at least the unknown!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 09:47 PM)Shady Wrote: This is such a weird draft. I reallly don't see too many legit top 10 picks who stand a realistic chance of falling to 9.

At this point, who would you include on that list? We're almost to draft day.  We''ve had time to look at these guys. What do you think?

I'd start the list with these names:

1. J. Allen, Alabama, DT/DE, shoulder issues might cause him to fall.
2. OJ Howard, Alabama, TE
3. L. Fournette, LSU, RB
4. M. Hooker, OSU, S
5. J. Adams, LSU. S

Given our needs, if one of these guys isn't there at 9, I'd seriously consider trading down.

Who would you add to the list of players worthy of a Top 10 pick who stands a realistic chance of falling to 9?

Lots of teams are ranking Solomon Thomas higher than Allen mostly cause of the Combine.

I could see him falling with this along with the arthritis in his shoulders that you mention here Shady.

Howard would be a good pick for us and i could really see this happening with Eifert's injuries. Very deep TE class.

Doubt Fournette makes it past the Panthers if he falls that far but they have lots of needs as well.

Hooker is a great talent and is being compared to Ed Reed. Doubt he falls. Kind of like Jamal Adams better cause he
would be more solid immediately but i don't think we NEED a Safety. I think we are fine there. Would much rather we
take a rare talent in the first and then start looking for Ends in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 03:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's not logical to give away your pick at all! There is ZERO advantage to it.

- If the 49ers or Bears want Trubisky they could trade with the Browns and flip picks to get him. It makes sense for the Browns to float rumors. Garrett doesn't fit what the 49ers do on D and the Browns would know if they would take Garrett or not. Same with the Bears.

- The 49ers may think the Bears want Trubisky as well, in which case they float that they are all about him or the the Browns want him so that they can trade back if the Bears or some other team panics. We don't know who these sources are that keep floating things. A Browns rumor doesn't have to come from the Browns  -or any other rumor about any other team. It could come from another organization and the reporter gobbles it up and spews it out there.

It makes ZERO sense for the Browns to say one freaking honest word about who they are taking. The Goff example is ONE... ONE where the Rams tipped their hand and said they were taking him. Even then it was debatable as to if they were being honest.

2015 - Winston or Mariota? Nobody knew.
2014 - Clowney was in the same spot Garrett is. Hyped up DE way better than anyone else. But there was debate there between he and Bortles until the selection was made.
2013 - No one knew or said who was going 1st. 3 OTs went in the 1st 4 picks. 
2012 - Andrew Luck vs. Griffen III was debated up until the night before or mornign of the draft. Nobody spoke of who they were taking.
2011 - Cam Newton was in the same deal. Allll sorts fo BS being thrown out through "sources" to try to get him to fall. Agents say things to try and get them to rise.

It's a HUGE poker game and I love it. It's more interesting than the season to me at this point. I mean, we all know how the season ends. The BEngals drop out in the 1st round and Marvin goes 0-8! This is at least the unknown!  Ninja

We can go round and round. By your very own explanation though, they just as easily could be going Trubisky over Garrett. Maybe all the media hype of them going Garrett is a smoke screen for a QB? If you say everything could in fact be false then the idea that Garrett is the pick could be too as Hue has said multiple times he wants Garrett in the media.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:14 PM)Steve Wrote: I would love to see Fournette at 9 but imo the odds are ??? 
 95% no way.....he's just too valuable
instant offence.....
changes any team overnight....
hard core ground & pound....
stop me....i'm drooling...  Tongue

Fournette is a toss up for me. The guy seems talented and I'd love to have an AP type back for us, but I don't trust the coaching staff to use him correctly. I see a lot of running him out of the shotgun and that would be a huge problem. It'd be similar to what happens with Hill.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And if he does fall, and I think there's a chance of it, I kind of hope we allow him to continue to fall.

Lol
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Lol

Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: We can go round and round. By your very own explanation though, they just as easily could be going Trubisky over Garrett. Maybe all the media hype of them going Garrett is a smoke screen for a QB? If you say everything could in fact be false then the idea that Garrett is the pick could be too as Hue has said multiple times he wants Garrett in the media.

Absolutely correct.

100% that we actually know 0%.
Reply/Quote