Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legit Top 10 Picks who could fall to 9
This is such a weird draft. I reallly don't see too many legit top 10 picks who stand a realistic chance of falling to 9.

At this point, who would you include on that list? We're almost to draft day. We''ve had time to look at these guys. What do you think?

I'd start the list with these names:

1. J. Allen, Alabama, DT/DE, shoulder issues might cause him to fall.
2. OJ Howard, Alabama, TE
3. L. Fournette, LSU, RB
4. M. Hooker, OSU, S
5. J. Adams, LSU. S

Given our needs, if one of these guys isn't there at 9, I'd seriously consider trading down.

Who would you add to the list of players worthy of a Top 10 pick who stands a realistic chance of falling to 9?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 09:47 PM)Shady Wrote: This is such a weird draft. I reallly don't see too many legit top 10 picks who stand a realistic chance of falling to 9.

At this point, who would you include on that list? We're almost to draft day.  We''ve had time to look at these guys. What do you think?

3. L. Fournette, LSU, RB
4. M. Hooker, OSU, S
5. J. Adams, LSU. S

Given our needs, if one of these guys isn't there at 9, I'd seriously consider trading down.

Who would you add to the list of players worthy of a Top 10 pick who stands a realistic chance of falling to 9?

i doubt we could find a sucker to ....oooppss....I ment, I doubt we could find a team to trade down with....who would want to pay big money to go to 9...???  
I say take BPA....I just hope out of who's there we can get O.J. Howard.....I think he has the highest ceiling out of who'll be there....
no way Fournette is there....& I really don't want Foster or any of the DE's there....Barnette or Taco....even the 3 WR's seem like they should be ranked as 15-20....not a 9 ....
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 09:47 PM)Shady Wrote: This is such a weird draft. I reallly don't see too many legit top 10 picks who stand a realistic chance of falling to 9.

At this point, who would you include on that list? We're almost to draft day.  We''ve had time to look at these guys. What do you think?

3. L. Fournette, LSU, RB
4. M. Hooker, OSU, S
5. J. Adams, LSU. S

Adams, Allen, and Howard would be the ones I see falling to 9.

I don't see the Bengals taking him, sadly, but Adams is probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the entire draft. Kid is a 10/10 character and a 10/10 on field player.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 09:56 PM)Steve Wrote: i doubt we could find a sucker to ....oooppss....I ment, I doubt we could find a team to trade down with....who would want to pay big money to go to 9...???  
I say take BPA....I just hope out of who's there we can get O.J. Howard.....I think he has the highest ceiling out of who'll be there....
no way Fournette is there....& I really don't want Foster or any of the DE's there....Barnette or Taco....even the 3 WR's seem like they should be ranked as 15-20....not a 9 ....

I agree on the DEs and Howard, though I'm not convinced Fournette will be gone. I think there's  a chance he might be there, but not a huge chance. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Adams, Allen, and Howard would be the ones I see falling to 9.

I don't see the Bengals taking him, sadly, but Adams is probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the entire draft. Kid is a 10/10 character and a 10/10 on field player.

Yeah, Adams would be a great pick for us or any team. If we're serious about BPA, I think it's between those 3 you mentioned. I'm holding out hope for Fournette, but I'll admit it ain't likely. 
Reply/Quote
I would love to see Fournette at 9 but imo the odds are ??? 
 95% no way.....he's just too valuable
instant offence.....
changes any team overnight....
hard core ground & pound....
stop me....i'm drooling...  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:13 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, Adams would be a great pick for us or any team. If we're serious about BPA, I think it's between those 3 you mentioned. I'm holding out hope for Fournette, but I'll admit it ain't likely. 

I've given up hope on Fournette ....basicly...
& shifted my RB love to our 2nd rd pick & am hoping for Mixon....I just hope he's there....would be a 1st rd talent....I know about the baggage but....
Reply/Quote
I see Solomon Thomas falling. His size, lack of position, and lack of production( it wasn't bad but not has great as others) will hurt him. I don't think it should but teams will look at those things and get scared from drafting him. To me he is the next Geno, Donald, and Suh.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

3. L. Fournette, LSU, RB
4. M. Hooker, OSU, S
5. J. Adams, LSU. S

I put howard outside of legit top 10.. his draft spot has varied on a few mocks that have them going outside of top ten... the rest seem to be in top 10.. Thomas is higher than Allen on most draft boards I have seen.. I think QBs might push Allen down.. but lets be honest none of us can fully say these are legit picks and for sure success in NFL.. we will get a potential fine player at 9.. i would like Allen but will be very happy with Barnett also.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I put howard outside of legit top 10.. his draft spot has varied on a few mocks that have them going outside of top ten... the rest seem to be in top 10.. Thomas is higher than Allen on most draft boards I have seen.. I think QBs might push Allen down.. but lets be honest none of us can fully say these are legit picks and for sure success in NFL.. we will get a potential fine player at 9.. i would like Allen but will be very happy with Barnett also.

TEs almost NEVER crack the top 10, I'll grant you that. Howard is special though. He might not even be there at 9. I'll also grant you that there have been plenty of busts drafted in the Top 10. We never know, but that's what makes it fun to talk about and debate. 
Reply/Quote
It is all about the Qbs. If Trubisky goes early keep an eye on Arizona and the Chargers as a possible trade for Mahomes. A few years ago Leonard Williams was the consensus best player in the draft heading in then a combination of Qb's and need pushed him down to 6. Done be surprised if a really good player no one thought would be there is sitting there to take at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: It is all about the Qbs. If Trubisky goes early keep an eye on Arizona and the Chargers as a possible trade for Mahomes. A few years ago Leonard Williams was the consensus best player in the draft heading in then a combination of Qb's and need pushed him down to 6. Done be surprised if a really good player no one thought would be there is sitting there to take at 9.

I think the QB hype being generated is just that.. hype. I don't think a QB goes in the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:57 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think the QB hype being generated is just that.. hype. I don't think a QB goes in the top 10.

History would say that is probably not going to happen. In the last 17 year is has only happened once (2013). I think this year won't be the second time as I do believe at worst Cleveland comes back in to the top 10 for Trubisky. A lot of teams in the top 10 are willing to trade out which allows for some of these teams just outside to get in to get one.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:57 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think the QB hype being generated is just that.. hype. I don't think a QB goes in the top 10.

Not saying analytics are everyone's cup of tea, but if anyone feels these QBs are even starting caliber, let alone pro bowl, the surplus value generated from that initial rookie contract is massive. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Adams, Allen, and Howard would be the ones I see falling to 9.

My top 3 are Garrett, Thomas, and Adams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My top 3 are Garrett, Thomas, and Adams.

You think Garrett is falling to 9?

I was just listing realistic guys I thought could fall.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:46 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You think Garrett is falling to 9?

I was just listing realistic guys I thought could fall.

No, I just mean my Top 3 period.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: History would say that is probably not going to happen. In the last 17 year is has only happened once (2013). I think this year won't be the second time as I do believe at worst Cleveland comes back in to the top 10 for Trubisky. A lot of teams in the top 10 are willing to trade out which allows for some of these teams just outside to get in to get one.

I think that the Cleveland trading up hype is being generated by other teams actually WANTING the Browns to trade up into their picks to take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think that the Cleveland trading up hype is being generated by other teams actually WANTING the Browns to trade up into their picks to take him.

Possibly. But I bet at least one team will or will try trading into the top 10 for a qb. It's a big poker game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think that the Cleveland trading up hype is being generated by other teams actually WANTING the Browns to trade up into their picks to take him.

Disagree. If Garrett was the clear #1 it would have been leaked by now. Right now we are hearing they are seriously considering Trubisky. There is no advantage to faking it at pick #1 if Garrett is their guy.
Reply/Quote