Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leon Hall
(08-04-2016, 12:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Where do we sign up?

... I don't know,  Mellow

should we petition Paul Brown Stadium? 

[Image: TRADEPETIT333.png]
That looks like it has good intentions...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:46 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: McCarron will ride that bench all season...if we are lucky.

Claiborne can start, and make an impact now. What is money? We (Bengals organization) is always under the cap. 

Thank you for your post. 

Jones, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard would all start over Claiborne. I can guarantee that now.

Shaw would probably get the same amount of reps.

I mean, I would actually like Claiborne here. But I don't see him starting in any way this year. MAYBE next year, but certainly not in 2016 unless injury happens.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We will trade McCarron to probably if I was a betting man the bills in the offseason as a starter for probably a second third and 5th bc one pick we get we need to replace McCarron(Jt Barrett?) so essentially getting 2 picks for him and we are always under the cap by about 10 million bc we use the rollover to extend contracts
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 05:52 PM)NKYRob Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see Leon not sign with a team until week 2.  Since he is a vested veteran, if he is on an opening day roster his salary for the entire year becomes fully guaranteed.  If he signs after week one the guarantee drops to something like 25% if I recall correctly.  I'm not sure a team wants to take a risk given his recent injury history but who knows.

Agreed.  Leon Hall is the new Chris Crocker.  And money shouldn't be a concern for him.  He was paid something like 9.75 million last year alone when he was worth about 1/10th of that.  Any other team would have released him or forced a re-structure.  To me the only real issue here is his health.  
Reply/Quote
I'm told CB Leon Hall is expected to sign with the #Giants today.
— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin)
Aug 04, 2016

Hopefully this isn't correct.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:46 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: McCarron will ride that bench all season...if we are lucky.

Claiborne can start, and make an impact now. What is money? We (Bengals organization) is always under the cap. 

Thank you for your post. 

He may ride the bench, but if he is hurt, then what do we do as Claiborne takes away our money to sign another vet QB. The Bengals success has been directly related to the ability to handle the cap (sign our own) and great drafting. If I were going to trade AJ, the price would be a 1st round pick, not an underperforming CB from Dallas. AJ has great value right now because of his upside and hos team friendly contract. He is one of the lowest paid backup QB's in the league and that is a great thing for us in 2016.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hall to Giants official.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Seems strange. He could be the number 4 there or number 4 here, would think he'd stay here based on him knowing the playbook and familiarity with scheme. I wonder if behind closed doors it didn't end well.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: Seems strange. He could be the number 4 there or number 4 here, would think he'd stay here based on him knowing the playbook and familiarity with scheme. I wonder if behind closed doors it didn't end well.

Or if the Giants offered a significant sum of money greater than the Bengals.  The Giants were pretty desperate for CBs.  
Reply/Quote
Hall signed with the Giants. 1 year for up to $2 million. Would have liked to have him back, but I guess he liked the Giants offer better.
Reply/Quote
It would have been nice to add Leon for depth but I'm not sure he is worth that type of money with the role he would have played here. I think it was about playing time and money, so Good for Leon standing his ground, getting more money and a chance to be the starting slot corner in NY but also good for the bengals organization for not overpaying him due to panic. I have a feeling Chris Lewis-Harris is going to see much more of the field this season and I'm all for it, I think the kid has a lot of potential.

Reply/Quote
Pretty miserable week. Big pec injury to WJ3, a hyperextended knee injury to Kroft, Freeney signing with ATL, and now Hall signing with NYG.

Ugh
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:26 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: With what I've been reading out there, it would appear Leon might not be 100%. He is older, yet a very proven CB for us. I would have moved him to Safety a couple seasons ago, but I'm nobody...

So here's something out of the box.

Many media outlets are worried about the Dallas Cowboys Depth at QB. Apparently if Romo goes down, they are back to scrambling for another vet|unsigned Free-agent QB.

Just throwing this out there, is sounded like an opportunity, I guess...would you:

Trade our QB McCarron for their 5th year LSU CB Morris Claiborne?

He played with/against Dre, they are obviously linked, age-wise we could be looking at a great option in that position for many seasons...(PLUS) he also wears #24. The fact that Dallas has been waiting for a breakout year from this kid, the trade might be welcomed, or since they moved up 8 spots to get him we might have to use a possible 2nd|3rd rd draft pick to sweeten the deal. It might be worth it for both camps. AGAIN- just preseason gibberish, something to ponder.

Thoughts?

Just curious... under this scenario, what would you have the Bengals do if Andy goes down?
Reply/Quote
Welp, I guess what we see is what we get with the defensive backfield for now. Perhaps if the Williams injury is relatively serious, we take a look at Whitner after all. Secondary is looking mighty thin.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:34 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just curious... under this scenario, what would you have the Bengals do if Andy goes down?

Clearly Keith Wennig.... 

Or maybe we could sign Vick?   

Tony Pike still lives in Cincy, so there is always that.

Boyd can throw too!

Plenty of great options.... 
Reply/Quote
... that is not an option.
But since the scenario isn't written in stone, if this trade would go through, Fitzpatrick is still unsigned.
Fitz has a history here, he's done very well with the teams he's bounced around for. Let's face facts, Fitz could be picked up to back up Dalton for the close to the same pay McCarron is making...maybe we offer one of those incentive based contracts if Dalton does go down he could come in and make money in Dalton's absence.
Again, best possible scenario in my opinion if this trade would/could go through.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:44 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: ... that is not an option.
But since the scenario isn't written in stone, if this trade would go through, Fitzpatrick is still unsigned.
Fitz has a history here, he's done very well with the teams he's bounced around for. Let's face facts, Fitz could be picked up to back up Dalton for the close to the same pay McCarron is making...maybe we offer one of those incentive based contracts if Dalton does go down he could come in and make money in Dalton's absence.
Again, best possible scenario in my opinion if this trade would/could go through.

Fitzpatrick signed a 1 year 12,000,000 deal last week...
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:44 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: ... that is not an option.

Fitz is with the Jets
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sign Whitner to be our 3rd safety. Let shaw float between 4th corner&safety. Then you have 7 capable DBs that could all arguably start in nickel formations
Reply/Quote
I need to update my source bfine.

Reply/Quote