Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Leon Lastarza Lafayette Lorenzo Hall
The talk on the boards have been mainly about Karlos Dansby, Brandon LaFell, and a bit about Reggie Nelson. There hasn't been much regarding Leon Hall. I understand that he's lost a step after the 2 Achilles injuries, and he is not the same player he was a few years back. However he's still just 31, and he was still solid last season from what I have seen. There seems to be little interest in him from the rest of the league. I think the Cardinals brought him in for a visit. He made over 9 million last year, and I think even he would agree that he was overpaid based on his production last year. He should be in a position to take a team friendly, lower pay deal, with incentives.

I would absolutely LOVE for Leon to re-sign with the Bengals, for another 1-2 years, and retire a Bengal. He's earned his place among the the best ever to play his position in a Bengal uniform, and I believe still has a bit more than fumes left in the gas tank.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:22 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: The talk on the boards have been mainly about Karlos Dansby, Brandon LaFell, and a bit about Reggie Nelson.  There hasn't been much regarding Leon Hall.  I understand that he's lost a step after the 2 Achilles injuries, and he is not the same player he was a few years back.  However he's still just 31, and he was still solid last season from what I have seen.  There seems to be little interest in him from the rest of the league.  I think the Cardinals brought him in for a visit.  He made over 9 million last year, and I think even he would agree that he was overpaid based on his production last year.  He should be in a position to take a team friendly, lower pay deal, with incentives.  

I would absolutely LOVE for Leon to re-sign with the Bengals, for another 1-2 years, and retire a Bengal.  He's earned his place among the the best ever to play his position in a Bengal uniform, and I believe still has a bit more than fumes left in the gas tank.

All for bringing Hall back on a team friendly deal.

I thought he played very good last year, surprised me how well he played with those ACL injuries.
Reply/Quote
While he might have lost a step he's still a sound tackler and plays much better than I think people realize. Def would like to see him back for a 1-2 year vet deal.
Reply/Quote
Dennard's gotta play eventually. See what you have as a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:56 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Dennard's gotta play eventually. See what you have as a 1st round pick.

Dennard has to stay healthy first and Hall would be a solid backup to him if Dennard can stay healthy.

Nothing wrong with having Hall as a backup IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:22 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: The talk on the boards have been mainly about Karlos Dansby, Brandon LaFell, and a bit about Reggie Nelson. There hasn't been much regarding Leon Hall. I understand that he's lost a step after the 2 Achilles injuries, and he is not the same player he was a few years back. However he's still just 31, and he was still solid last season from what I have seen. There seems to be little interest in him from the rest of the league. I think the Cardinals brought him in for a visit. He made over 9 million last year, and I think even he would agree that he was overpaid based on his production last year. He should be in a position to take a team friendly, lower pay deal, with incentives.

I would absolutely LOVE for Leon to re-sign with the Bengals, for another 1-2 years, and retire a Bengal. He's earned his place among the the best ever to play his position in a Bengal uniform, and I believe still has a bit more than fumes left in the gas tank.

id like it but the bengals have invested in dennard and are probly looking to give him more playing time and with Kirk and Adam J on roster this season at least. they probly look the fill in the back end with special teamers. and hall would have to take a large pay cut to return.
Reply/Quote
If Reggie signs elsewhere, my interest in retaining Hall would go up thanks to Hall's experience at Safety.

Either way, I wouldn't mind having him back for another year. Dennard should be taking over his role, but having experience behind Dennard couldn't possibly hurt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Reggie signs elsewhere, my interest in retaining Hall would go up thanks to Hall's experience at Safety.

Either way, I wouldn't mind having him back for another year. Dennard should be taking over his role, but having experience behind Dennard couldn't possibly hurt.

Does Hall actually have any experience at Safety?

I have heard lots talk about moving him to Safety but i have never heard Hall having experience there before.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Does Hall actually have any experience at Safety?

I have heard lots talk about moving him to Safety but i have never heard Hall having experience there before.

He played a little safety in camp last season. Leon's name has always been linked to safety since the 2007 draft. Some thought he'd be a ballhawk safety if someone converted him there right off the bat. Even Hobson suggested it before the 08 draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Id like to see Hall retire a Bengal. Hes been a stand up guys since he's been here, and when healthy a solid contributor. I feel like we owe something to him since he came back from two pretty crappy injuries. Then again, he's a 4th corner at best now in this stage of his career, and probably wants to be paid more then that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He played a little safety in camp last season. Leon's name has always been linked to safety since the 2007 draft. Some thought he'd be a ballhawk safety if someone converted him there right off the bat. Even Hobson suggested it before the 08 draft.

Thanks for that BD. I just never saw him play there so was wondering what Shake meant by experience.

I always thought it was a good idea to put Hall at Safety as it might extend his career and he seems a perfect fit there.

Either way i think we should bring him back as a backup in the Secondary.
Reply/Quote
He would likely want a 2-3 year deal. I'll pass and give a younger guy a shot at hopefully being better, cheaper and younger.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He would likely want a 2-3 year deal. I'll pass and give a younger guy a shot at hopefully being better, cheaper and younger.

2 year deal.... Im ok with that. Just not for a lot of money.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:24 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He would likely want a 2-3 year deal. I'll pass and give a younger guy a shot at hopefully being better, cheaper and younger.

(03-29-2016, 04:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: 2 year deal.... Im ok with that. Just not for a lot of money.

He has gotten a lot of dough out of us already. Hopefully he will take a big discount because of this.

There is no telling that the younger, cheaper guy will be better either.
Reply/Quote
Would love to see him back, especially if Reggie is gone. I believe Leon could play some Safety. Not only that, he provides leadership/vet presence. Without Reggie and Leon, our secondary isn't as sound even if they're replaced by another vet and draft picks. We need at least one of these guys back. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Reggie signs elsewhere, my interest in retaining Hall would go up thanks to Hall's experience at Safety.

I really thought that was the plan. I expected us to sign Nelson or Iloka and then have Hall in a rotation to fill in with the other safety spot or playing a little corner.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dennard has to stay healthy first and Hall would be a solid backup to him if Dennard can stay healthy.

Nothing wrong with having Hall as a backup IMO.

No, but why do I get the feeling Hall will probably start over Dennard if he gets brought back?

Because he'll get the reps over Dennard and a 1st rounder will have his development stunted by a vet that will be on decline sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
There's honestly no reason to sign him.

We have Adam Jones back. Then Kirkpatrick is the opposite starter. Throw in Dennard who did pretty well for his 2nd year. Then there's Josh Shaw who actually did pretty decent when asked to play.

We have to play our younger guys. So many times fans gripe about having veterans start over rookies and young players. Well, now they're playing their young players.

It's time to move on from Hall. He's not the same as he once was. Time to see what Dennard can do.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for that BD. I just never saw him play there so was wondering what Shake meant by experience.

I always thought it was a good idea to put Hall at Safety as it might extend his career and he seems a perfect fit there.

Either way i think we should bring him back as a backup in the Secondary.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but yeah what BD said. They tried him out some at Safety during TC last year and I just think he'd be a natural fit there with his smarts.

(03-29-2016, 06:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I really thought that was the plan. I expected us to sign Nelson or Iloka and then have Hall in a rotation to fill in with the other safety spot or playing a little corner.

Yeah I thought the same thing last year when they tried Hall at safety. I was thinking maybe that was a trial run for a permanent move in 2016. It's starting to look like the coaches were really impressed with Shawn Williams though. I can't say I blame them there, but if Hall or Nelson come cheap, I don't see any reason not to bring at least one of them back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He played a little safety in camp last season. Leon's name has always been linked to safety since the 2007 draft. Some thought he'd be a ballhawk safety if someone converted him there right off the bat. Even Hobson suggested it before the 08 draft.

He's had some snaps at safety in games over the last couple of seasons in disguised looks.
Reply/Quote