PacMan
81.40%
35 81.40%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leon v. Pacman
You resign the boundary corner coming off a career year over the Nickle corner.

That said I'd really like to see Leon in cincy as a coach in a couple years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3 people have voted for Leon Hall so far... Lol. Hilarious
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Leon coming up gimpy after ever play leaves me with 0 confidence in him. If he isn't in much better shape I don't even want him back as our 5th CB. Pacman on the other hand is a top 2-3 priority for us in my mind. Pacman, jones, and one of our safeties need to be re-signed.
Reply/Quote
It's really not a simple question.

Pacman

Positives:
Fresher legs (from all that missed time due to suspensions + fewer injuries than Leon)
Brings fire to the defense, which is sorely lacking in the personality department (aside from Tez of course)
Usually takes away the opponent's top WR
Doubles as a fantastic return guy

Negatives:
Loose cannon (both on and off field)
I wonder if he and Burfict feed off of each other too much
He turns 33 on September 30th

Leon

Positives:
Quiet leadership - respected and very helpful with the young guys from what I've read
Younger than Pacman - turns 32 on December 9th
Some experience at safety, can also play outside in a pinch (more versatile)
You don't have to worry about Leon losing his cool in a key moment

Negatives:
A pair of torn achilles have sapped his effectiveness to an extent
Not much of a vocal leader
You really don't want him on the outside for an extended period

If we could just blend these two, we'd probably have the perfect CB. As it stands, it's a tough call between them. I think Pacman is the better player and I like his fire, but if Marvin can't reel him in and get him to control his emotions, then he could wind up seriously hurting the team. It seems like the entire team was influenced by Pacman and Burfict against the Steelers.

As easy as it was to be mad at the Steelers for all the things they did, our team was less calculated and more out of control in the playoff game. That's why I'm so torn on Pacman. There's a fine line between playing with passion and being out of control.

Either way, we're going to need to look for replacements for both of these guys soon. They're nearing the end.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'd pass on both and let the kids take over. DreK, Dennard and Shaw. Shaw might end up the best of the bunch.

This is exactly what I would do except add Janoris Jenkins in free agency to the mix as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Let us not forget Pac Man majorly helped in costing the Bengals their playoff win.

Hill and Burfict too, but can forgive plays made in realtime out of shear effort.

But can not excuse a mental error at that point of the game between plays. Let that kicker try a 54 yard FG in the cold driving rain and it very well have been different.

Rumored that the coach who baited Pac Man got the game ball. Maybe true, maybe not. But he did in my book. What a fool.

Have trouble forgiving punching women in the face as well.

Jones is replaceable in my book. Both are actually.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:50 AM)Synric Wrote: You resign the boundary corner coming off a career year over the Nickle corner.

That said I'd really like to see Leon in cincy as a coach in a couple years.

This too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Leon. He's one injury away from crutches, but he still gives it his all. And he can play a few different positions without much transition.

The only thing to consider is Jones' return game.
Reply/Quote
Pacman whil slightly older is playing at a much higher level than Hall....
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Leon. He's one injury away from crutches, but he still gives it his all. And he can play a few different positions without much transition.

The only thing to consider is Jones' return game.

I think Jones is better in man-coverage, plus the difference he makes in the return game can't be understated.
Reply/Quote
Pacman went from a reclamation project to they're most dependable corner last season. Hall went from the franchise corner to a role player that has learned to play in the middle through the change in his body. You can debate how much of that is age and how much he can "come back" from the injury, but I can't just give him starting money and hopes he bounces back like young Geno did. I absolutely HATE the how Pacman handled that last play, at the time I wanted him sent home before everyone else and a CPO to within 10 miles of the stadium, but if they're looking passed that he is the guy (like others have mentioned) you'd currently put on a Brown type. We can't hope Dre steps up or Dennard is healthy, you have to have someone you trust out there. It's tough for us fans to sort out how much of our opinion has to do with what Leon has done for the team thus far, and with how much you want a statement made through a player. No matter our opinion of Marvin and Burfict they're coming back. So if the team doesn't see letting Pacman walk as sending a message, then you may be letting your best chance at having the closest thing to a #1 corner this season walk. They aren't paying for someone else's and even if they draft one in the 1st, they'd still trust Dre on a #1 over them.
Reply/Quote
Pacman, Leon just isn't the same player he used to be.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
So the fans here have an overwhelming desire to bring back Pac over Leon.

But how do you all think the team will think. I believe we are more likely to re-sign Leon and let Pac walk.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the fans here have an overwhelming desire to bring back Pac over Leon.

But how do you all think the team will think.  I believe we are more likely to re-sign Leon and let Pac walk.

I believe the team will try to resign Pacman as a priority. Failing that Hall is the fall back.

Reply/Quote
I'm a huge Leon Hall fan. He's been my favorite Bengal and the first jersey I bought. In his prime he was a great tackler, had a nose for the ball in key moments and even better he seems like a humble guy off of the field. With that said it's not a debate who we should keep if we are strictly talking performance on the field for the 2016 season. Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
lmao this isnt even close, not even a damn question
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Adam all the way. He was our best Corner the last two years and even though he is older than
Leon he has less wear and tear. He is also our boundary Corner which is the much more precious CB.

And of course Adam is the best Returner in the league...
Reply/Quote