Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More from Tennessee
A campaign sign in Polk County is stirring up a lot of controversy.

The signs were located off Highway 411 near Benton, and said "Make America White Again." They were posted by Rick Tyler, an independent candidate in the race for Tennessee's 3rd congressional district seat currently held by Chuck Fleischmann.

Another billboard depicted the White House ringed with Confederate flags, with the statement "I Have a Dream" a takeoff from the famous Martin Luther King Jr. speech.

Tyler told Channel 3 he has no hatred in his heart for "people of color." He says the sign's message is that America should go back to a "1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration."

[Image: TNwhite-660x330.jpg]

[Image: hwy-64-billboard-image.jpg]
(07-23-2016, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He says the sign's message is that America should go back to a "1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration."
I was born in the 70s and yet I still know that that's not even close to being true.
I'd say that maybe we should have an IQ requirement for anyone that wants to run for public office, but that would get shot down by liberals as racist.  Tongue
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-23-2016, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tyler told Channel 3 he has no hatred in his heart for "people of color." He says the sign's message is that America should go back to a "1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration."

And that's the problem with most things race related — hell, with most things period — is unreal expectations. There was never a time like that. I'm guessing he was a kid in the 60s, which probably explains the nostalgia. I still think fondly of the 80s, even though now that I'm older and look back at them, I wouldn't wish that decade on the world again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]