Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s give credit where it is due
(02-14-2022, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And I guarantee you he started the season as a Stealers fan....

Probably still is.  Or a Ravens or Browns fan.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally agree , the idea that Refs cost game is non existent.. also agree sacks can be a bit misleading at time on Oline ,, what I also know is the Oline had a great 1st half but Burrow and our core weapons did not.. that is something getting lost in the overall review of the game...  Burrow cooled in playoffs a bit but great to see we put out there a balanced team with a solid defense, that is what wins championships more often.
When it comes to games like this it comes down to the star players and I think for the most part the Bengals star players played extremely well with the exception of Joe Burrow.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:11 AM)Jonnymaxx77 Wrote: WE DONT WANT UR F CREDIT U SCUMBAGS

WE WON GO F YOURSELVES

Best Valentines Day offer I’ve received, yet.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the only reason we were in it early is because Raheem Morris abandoned their bear front that they had run most the year for what Collinsworth kept calling an Overload (it wasn't by the way). Once they went back to the bear front Joe was under constant pressure. That game could have gotten much uglier if OBJ doesn't get hurt and Morris adjusts quicker to how we were playing Donald.

Kudos to us for hanging in though, I think it says a lot about the team and where we are heading. No guarantees we get back but we will be there going forward to try to.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:48 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: When it comes to games like this it comes down to the star players and I think for the most part the Bengals star players played extremely well with the exception of Joe Burrow.  

Well Joe has zero turnovers so that was a plus but overall agree that of the stars on offense Burrow played under his ability the most... 
Reply/Quote
Yes. Congrats to the Rams. They made the necessary adjustments and took advantage of our weakness and it worked. Their big-time playmakers made plays when it mattered. That's what great teams do. Kudos to them, especially Big Whit.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:07 AM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Completely agree with you.   The RAMS were just better on this given evening.   We were playing on borrowed time given the way our OLine had been playing.  

I know folks want to blame the officiating at the end or want to fire the coaches, etc. but this team is in a very good place right now.   

The question will be how this team responds and works to address the OLine and augment depth across the board.   They have shown they are willing to bring in players and revamp the defense in free agency.   My hope is that they flip that script this year and work on the OLine by bringing in proven starters and get that group fixed.   Use the draft to augment our depth across the board and/or help solidify our secondary.   

I think I read somewhere last night that starting this season, the Bengals were 4th from the bottom in terms of chances of making it to the Super Bowl this year.    Early projections have us as being 4th likely to make it back next year.    I don't know who is in front of us as the article didn't provide a list, but I suspect it will include both Buffalo and KC.  

Have a solid offseason and I think we are right back in the thick of it.   We were ahead of schedule.   Now the team has had a taste of this, I think they will just be hungrier to get back and win it all.  

Very few have stated “fire the coaches”

Our DC should be up for DC coordinator of the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:22 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Great post Pally!
The bottom line is the defense showed up for the Bengals and was laying the hurt on the Rams but Joe Burrow did not show mojo and did not have a good game.  

It's his first full season in the NFL. Joe will get it back next year. The Bengals would be back in a force in NFL for the next 10 years

Yeah, he missed a few. TB was wide open on the play that the LB almost intercepted the pass intended for Chase on that early 4th down attempt.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals with a solid o-line = better than Rams.

As things stand? Yeah the better team won. The one that can block for their QB.

That said?

Our QB played better
Our RBs played better
Our WRs were just as good
Our defense was better overall (considering the o-lines)

Congrats to LA and all 17 of their true fans, though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bengals with a solid o-line = better than Rams.

As things stand? Yeah the better team won. The one that can block for their QB.

That said?

Our QB played better
Our RBs played better
Our WRs were just as good
Our defense was better overall (considering the o-lines)

Congrats to LA and all 17 of their true fans, though.

17? Seems a bit off. You must be counting the few fans they added after the game. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 17? Seems a bit off. You must be counting the few fans they added after the game. 

[Image: 274002808_10227516893293833_813872941933...e=620FE8F4]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Very few have stated “fire the coaches”

Our DC should be up  for DC coordinator of the year.

No worries.   I am probably mixing some of what I've seen on Twitter or even Facebook fan pages with what has been said here.   My apologies for that. 

I do agree that Lou should be up for some award.   He has definately shown what he can do when the players match the scheme and have bought in.    Huge difference between this year and last year - but then last year was so riddled with injuries, we really can't use it as a comparison in my opinion.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:23 AM)Jonnymaxx77 Wrote: TITLETOWN LA MOFOS

I guess. Until they inevitably move in a few years after that fancy stadium remains half empty bc California sucks for sports and just sucks in general.
Reply/Quote