Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let it all out, rant thread
I follow the Cleveland Cavs message board and they have a rant thread that we use to get out our knee jerk takes that may be a little bit illogical or out there.

It has seemed to keep crazy threads off the board because whenever we get mad at the Cavs ppl just post in there instead of making 10 separate threads of crazy shit like “Trade Darius Garland for a bag of chips because he had one bad game”

I imagine a thread like that, could be a good outlet for ppl here who may want to say crazy shit but don’t wanna get made fun of

The only rule in the rant thread is no going crazy on ppl who post stupid takes. It’s a rant thread for a reason. Ppl are going to say stupid shit.

I’ll start one here and see how it goes.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
[Image: what-have-you-done-winston.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I miss the days when players wore slick suits when they got to the stadium on gamedays instead of the current ego clown attires. *raises fist at clouds*
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
This is ALL because Skyline replaced Gold Star. Jinx!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10, and buns in packs of 8? Why? WHY?!?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I got nothing.

This team started the last 2 season 5-4 and still went to the AFC championship.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 01:13 PM)Housh Wrote: I follow the Cleveland Cavs message board and they have a rant thread that we use to get out our knee jerk takes that may be a little bit illogical or out there.

It has seemed to keep crazy threads off the board because whenever we get mad at the Cavs ppl just post in there instead of making 10 separate threads of crazy shit like “Trade Darius Garland for a bag of chips because he had one bad game”

I imagine a thread like that, could be a good outlet for ppl here who may want to say crazy shit but don’t wanna get made fun of

The only rule in the rant thread is no going crazy on ppl who post stupid takes. It’s a rant thread for a reason. Ppl are going to say stupid shit.

I’ll start one here and see how it goes.

Aw, more of the "people should not be held accountable for what they say or do" attitude that permeates today's society. If a person is going to say something totally stupid, they need to own it.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10, and buns in packs of 8? Why? WHY?!?
The two left over should be used as weapons. It's the only logical reason, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Whos idea was it to cut a round pizza into triangles only to put it in a square box?
Reply/Quote
Why can't one of our Tight Ends date Taylor Swift?!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Why can't one of our Tight Ends date Taylor Swift?!

Sign of intelligence maybe? Cool
Reply/Quote
Why do some people say, "We" when talking about the team?
B****, you ain't on the team!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:52 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Whos idea was it to cut a round pizza into triangles only to put it in a square box?

Pythagoras?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why does State Farm give all that money to Mahomes and Maauto? Help the Bengals pay for Burrow and Chase!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Why can't one of our Tight Ends date Taylor Swift?!

Start by getting a Tight End. :p
Reply/Quote
We already have a place for rants and moronic takes.
It’s called the GameDay thread…
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do some people say, "We" when talking about the team?
B****, you ain't on the team!

Exactly,, or they say "My Ravens". The same X experts that say Bengals are a poverty team.
Reply/Quote
One thing that irks me is our inferiority complex as Bengals fans. It's like our most resilient trait. We're the last ones to leave the past in the past. As if we're more comfortable losing, the sky is falling hysteria is always within reach, the refs conspire against us, we're cursed... all this nonsense. Enough already lol

To be fair, it's a blurry line between being absurd and just a regular emotional fan. Plus we did suck for a long time, and I make it worse by bringing it up. But I still think we're too quick to reach for excuses and, in some backwards way, would almost rather resurrect our sorry past because that's where we feel most at home. Not only do we favor the voice of the devil on our shoulder, we also allow him to clamp his hands around our neck. That psychological battle is tiresome!

Good news is that it's fading now. With Burrow leading the charge, we embrace our inner alpha in a way we never did before, and that's what it's all about. The journey to a Lombardi is not a straight line. We have more fans who feel we than we can/should beat anyone and the season's a long way from over, than we ever had before...

But I can still hear those little flies out there buzzing around and I wish I had the bug repellent to zap em. :)
Reply/Quote
Siri Sucks! People are worried AI is going to take over the world, when in fact AI cant even dictate the most simplest of sentences.
Reply/Quote
Rant threads are more designed for directly after games

I truly feel like the Cavs board got better after they started doing theirs
-Housh
Reply/Quote